Darkhorse Teams

Postby b-baller » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:40 pm

I think North could do better than third or fourth in the east, possibly win it.
b-baller

Postby StudlyBuckwheat 2 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:54 pm

[align=left]
b-baller wrote:I think North could do better than third or fourth in the east, possibly win it.
i agree north south and rr all have a chance at winning edc and im sure that all of them will go to state...they all have the talent ...but well see which team has the better Defense and adapts to the wood bats.
[/align]
StudlyBuckwheat 2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby shs01240 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:52 pm

its hard to pick a dark horse...in my mind the whole EDC is wide open...a lot of parity this year, especially with woodies
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby FargoHottie15 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:51 pm

north cant really be considered to be a darkhorse....they return something like 6 or 7 starters and i can't remember the last time they didnt either win the east or at least make it to state....otherwise i would say it'll be a battle between WF and Shanley for the 4th spot the other 3 are heads and shoulders above the rest of the EDC
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby b-baller » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:09 am

I disagree .  In the last thread 6 people predicted the East standings.  No one picked North to win the EDC.  North was picked 2nd by 2, 3rd by 1, 4th by 2, and 5th by 1.  No one picked them to win it this year, so I think they qualify as a Darkhorse. 
b-baller

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:54 pm

no way north is heads and shoulders above the rest of the EDC their are a few teams north included that can beat south and RR
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:57 pm

and the true dark horses of the edc would be either shanley or west fargo good pitchers will be made even better this year but I think it will ultimately come down to the adjustment from metal to wood
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:04 pm

East: West Fargo
West: Mandan- I could see them coming on as the season goes on
Last edited by baseball18 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:18 pm

Number7 wrote:no way north is heads and shoulders above the rest of the EDC their are a few teams north included that can beat south and RR

he didnt say north was. he said "the three" which would happen to be north, south and red river.
highheat

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:13 pm

highheat wrote:
Number7 wrote:no way north is heads and shoulders above the rest of the EDC their are a few teams north included that can beat south and RR

he didnt say north was. he said "the three" which would happen to be north, south and red river.

i know what he said. south and red river are definately the top two and MAY BE heads and shoulders above everyone, but north should not be included on that list
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:59 pm

so enough of your bashing north, because youll end up being wrong, and back on topic. teams that should be considered for dark horse candidacy are teams like last years central team. teams that have the talent but need to get it together over the course of the year. my pick from the east would have to be west fargo. they have the pitching and some solid spots in the field, but theyll have trouble getting it together. their best pitcher could be greshik, but he is unproven during the spring because he was not able to play. if the pitching can stay solid and some hitters, other than schmidt, emerge, they could be a dominant force in the east. in the west, any team other than minot can be considered a dark horse. with that said and my limited knowledge of the west, id have to pick dickinson just going off of what has been said of them.
highheat

Postby Number7 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:26 am

I wasnt bashing North they will be a decent team but not heads and shoulders above the other 6 teams in the EDC.  I would definately agree with Dickinson in the West, Frenzel is a stud and they definately have some talent
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby x west player » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:29 pm

all the east talk how about Beulah in the west they only lost 2 good players last year and with their talent coming up and good coaching staff i think they will shock some of the CHS or St. Mary's maybe even give BHS a run for there money
x west player
NDPreps Rookie

Postby shs01240 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:00 pm

What's so special about Red River this year?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball30 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:44 pm

beulah...your joking right
baseball30

Postby highheat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:43 pm

shs01240 wrote:What's so special about Red River this year?

sadler and meland. nuff said
highheat

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:29 pm

x west player wrote:all the east talk how about Beulah in the west they only lost 2 good players last year and with their talent coming up and good coaching staff i think they will shock some of the CHS or St. Mary's maybe even give BHS a run for there money

Beulah doesn't lose a lot but they wont finish better than 6th, they usually upset a few teams at the end of the season, but i see them finishing 7th or 8th possibly 6th.

My darkhorse picks are:
West: Mandan & Dickinson
East: West Fargo
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby x west player » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:46 pm

need i remind you that beulah lost a state qualifing game last year to williston they have 95% of the same kids they did last year
x west player
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:50 pm

x west player wrote:need i remind you that beulah lost a state qualifing game last year to williston they have 95% of the same kids they did last year

you dont have to remind me; minot, st. mary's, century, bhs, and dickinson have just about all of their talent back maybe not 95% but it's still more overall talent than beulah
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:39 pm

x west player wrote:need i remind you that beulah lost a state qualifing game last year to williston they have 95% of the same kids they did last year

let me guess tanner you are going to step it up big and lead beulah to state

and what happened that you are no longer going to class B its cool and all that you are staying but what is the story behind that
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby x west player » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:15 pm

no this isn't tanner and to answer the class a/ class b thing there was talk about Hazen getting there own team and if that happened there would be 2 class b teams one form Hazen and one form Beulah both towns decided that they would be better off just having one class A co-op so Beulah (Hazen) will be swinging some lumber this spring

x west player
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:36 am

x west player wrote:no this isn't tanner and to answer the class a/ class b thing there was talk about Hazen getting there own team and if that happened there would be 2 class b teams one form Hazen and one form Beulah both towns decided that they would be better off just having one class A co-op so Beulah (Hazen) will be swinging some lumber this spring

they pretty much we're co-oping already, alex hermes was from hazen same with a few others... so that makes no sense
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 am

x west player wrote:no this isn't tanner and to answer the class a/ class b thing there was talk about Hazen getting there own team and if that happened there would be 2 class b teams one form Hazen and one form Beulah both towns decided that they would be better off just having one class A co-op so Beulah (Hazen) will be swinging some lumber this spring

anyone can swing it the hard part is hitting it and nobody knows how people will respond to the wood bats
smart source

Postby x west player » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:35 pm

i really dont think it will make that big of a difference when i would play wood bat tourneys in legion ball ya the ball wasnt getting jacked out of the park all the time but i didnt feel that it made a HUGE difference, but on the other hand i am not a pitcher so i cant talk from that point of view
x west player
NDPreps Rookie

Postby purple haze » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:54 am

highheat wrote:
shs01240 wrote:What's so special about Red River this year?

sadler and meland. nuff said

i hope that is a joke.  can sadler catch and pitch at the same time?  they dont have pitching
purple haze
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Class A