2018 Best Players

2018 Best Players

Postby Hammer126 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 am

Spring 2018 best players??? Best hitter? Best pitcher?
Hammer126
NDPreps Rookie

Re: 2018 Best Players

Postby dtrain21 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Just off the top of my head for the EDC...

Fargo North:
Cameron Blazek
Chandler Ibach

West Fargo Packers:
Andy Gravdahl
Jake Faircloth
dtrain21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Hammer126 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Gatorade Player of the Year Finalists?
Hammer126
NDPreps Rookie

Postby nomogprhokee » Wed May 30, 2018 1:23 am

Adam Zavalney. Hands down. Let’s start looking at good players for this award with big topside. Put the state back on the baseball map. A 16 year old jr. Who will play major college at the next level. Not a ND small college. Or maybe it looks better if the award goes to a small ND college commit. He’ll be the 2nd player from Park River Baseball in 2 years to play for a major D1 school. I’m not sure what they are doing there, but I’d mirror their program.
nomogprhokee
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hook » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Got to watch Zavalny play in the state tournament and noone could run on him. only one attempt at sb in the tournament and hosed a thompson kid in the championship game. Watching him run the bases he can fly and hit a bomb off Leapaldt from carrington who is a darn good pitcher. No doubt he will be a great baseball player at the next level no matter where he goes.
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 pm

We'll find out on June 30th how Zavalney stacks up against Faircloth. Park River will be playing West Fargo at 7:00pm on June 30th in the Fargo/Moorhead Tournament. It's not to often that we see the class B teams playing the class A teams. As for Zavalney, if it's any indication of his ability, word is that he has already received 2 offers from out of state programs and he still has a year of high school left.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LILchump » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:50 am

Which Zavalney are we talking about? I've seen both play and both are very good baseball players. I was at the Montgomery Tournament in Grand Forks last weekend and one of them was shelved with what looked like an ankle issue? The one I did see was catching and I thought was very impressive behind the plate. Do you know where he as offers to?

I was able to watch Park River play both of their first round games of that tournament. They played a Canadian team (St John's A's I think it was) who had a kid who threw some heat. Game went to extras and Park River came out on top by 1. Second game I watched them was against the Minot Metros (JV team) who threw a kid who changed speeds, pounded the zone but didn't seem to throw very hard. Minot had them down 3-0 in the 7th and blew it with errors.

Curious to see how this West Fargo vs. Park River game goes.

Rivershark wrote:We'll find out on June 30th how Zavalney stacks up against Faircloth. Park River will be playing West Fargo at 7:00pm on June 30th in the Fargo/Moorhead Tournament. It's not to often that we see the class B teams playing the class A teams. As for Zavalney, if it's any indication of his ability, word is that he has already received 2 offers from out of state programs and he still has a year of high school left.
LILchump
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rivershark » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:20 am

Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:18 pm

Rivershark wrote:We'll find out on June 30th how Zavalney stacks up against Faircloth. Park River will be playing West Fargo at 7:00pm on June 30th in the Fargo/Moorhead Tournament. It's not to often that we see the class B teams playing the class A teams. As for Zavalney, if it's any indication of his ability, word is that he has already received 2 offers from out of state programs and he still has a year of high school left.

West Fargo won the game 6-1, but probably not the most impressive game by either team. WF out hit PR 5-4. What hurt PR were the walks and errors. I feel the PR players were a little on edge playing the AA team. The two star players did okay, but obviously not their best games. Zavalney hit a solo HR in their first game. No idea how Faircloth did against Manitoba. Both players made the USA Today All ND Team (1st team).
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Class A