Dalton Feeney options

Dalton Feeney options

Postby NDhockey18 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:06 pm

little question for those who know more: if Dalton doesn't sign w/ the Tigers and goes to Missouri, can he re enter the Draft after next year and every year after until he signs w/ a team?
You can catch flies with honey, but you catch more hunnies being fly.
NDhockey18
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Dalton Feeney options

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Rules on drafted players is below...taken from: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/draftday/rules.jsp

"he Major League Rules govern which players are eligible for selection in the Draft. These Rules are detailed, but the basic eligibility criteria can be described as follows: Generally, a player is eligible for selection if the player is a resident of the United States or Canada and the player has never before signed a Major League or Minor League contract. Residents of Puerto Rico and other territories of the United States are eligible for the Draft. Also considered residents are players who enroll in a high school or college in the United States, regardless of where they are from originally.

Certain groups of players are ineligible for selection, generally because they are still in school. The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are:

High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college;
College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and
Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed
A Club generally retains the rights to sign a selected player until 11:59 PM (EDT) August 15, or until the player enters, or returns to, a four-year college on a full-time basis. A player who is drafted and does not sign with the Club that selected him may be drafted again at a future year's Draft, so long as the player is eligible for that year's Draft. A Club may not select a player again in a subsequent year, unless the player has consented to the re-selection.

A player who is eligible to be selected and is passed over by every Club becomes a free agent and may sign with any Club until the player enters, or returns to, a four-year college full-time or enters, or returns to, a junior college."
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:03 pm

NDhockey18 wrote:little question for those who know more: if Dalton doesn't sign w/ the Tigers and goes to Missouri, can he re enter the Draft after next year and every year after until he signs w/ a team?

I don't think you ever enter the draft. If he doesn't sign he'll next be eligible after his junior year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:41 pm

I know 0 about baseball, but he should be eligible after his sophomore year if you just need to be 21.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDhockey18 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:43 pm

hope he has a solid career at Missouri and is a 1st round pick 3 years from now
You can catch flies with honey, but you catch more hunnies being fly.
NDhockey18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NodakQ2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Did I just see he is going to NC State and not Missouri?
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:55 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:Did I just see he is going to NC State and not Missouri?

You are correct...Missouri's coach resigned or something so he de-committed from Missouri and chose NC State.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Class A