2007 freshmen and sophomores

Postby highheat » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:46 am

Who are the freshmen and sophomores, more so the sophomores, that will be contributing for their schools this year on varsity? lets try not to turn this into a battle over who had the best babe ruth team last summer or any other crap like that.
highheat

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:58 am

sophomores- cole frenzel of dickinson, jared hocchalter of bhs, matt chuppe of st. marys, ryan bollinger of Minot.  thats all i know for now
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby jkaiz » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:59 pm

haha frenzel was contributing when he was an 8th grader, hochalter should do all right too.  I heard there was a decent freshman/sophomore from williston, i forget his name though
Last edited by jkaiz on Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkaiz

Postby Saas25 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:00 pm

Look the freshmen Esley Thornton to get some varisty action.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball2 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Ethan Kleinknecht will get some playing time.
baseball2

Postby Strike3? » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:38 pm

Where are all these guys from?
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:30 am

I Know that SHS is full of them this year.  Eric Jagim and Andy Schweigert are sophomores that started in the OF as Freshman.  Jagim should be a stud on the mound and Schweigert will start in RF.  Freshman Mike Jones will probably be the starting SS, after an 8th grade season of varsity.  These three may not turn heads this year, but should defenitely be a force to be reckoned with in a year or two.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Fargo314 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:04 pm

shs01240 wrote:I Know that SHS is full of them this year.  Eric Jagim and Andy Schweigert are sophomores that started in the OF as Freshman.  Jagim should be a stud on the mound and Schweigert will start in RF.  Freshman Mike Jones will probably be the starting SS, after an 8th grade season of varsity.  These three may not turn heads this year, but should defenitely be a force to be reckoned with in a year or two.
okay lets not get ahead of ourselves, jagim being a stud? not to sure about that, now i know the pitching is down and there is only a couple good ones coming back their senior year but lets not get carried away, and never have heard of mike jones before... what numbers did he have?
Fargo314

Postby shs01240 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:12 am

Jagim throws around 80, so with the wood bats i think he has a pretty good chance of being successfulm just like anyone else who throws that hard.  i'm working on the Jones numbers, but keep in mind he was only an 8th grader....In no way am I saying they will be unanimous all conference selections or anything.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:20 pm

there are 2 players that are sophomores that are head and shoulders above every other sophomore

1. cole frenzel-dikinson

2. ryan bollinger-minot
Last edited by smart source on Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby allstar23 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:22 pm

are you positive that Jogim throws 80???
allstar23

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:29 pm

smart source wrote:there are 2 players that are sophomores that are head and shoulders above every other sophomore

1. cole frenzel-dikinson

2. ryan bollinger-minot

AGREED
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby highheat » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:22 pm

frenzel and bollinger are studs. jagim is pretty good too, he just doesnt stand out as much as frenzel and bollinger because he never did anything outstanding for his team like the other two did.

i did some searching and found a kid by the name of kyle kingsley pitched for south against red river at edc last year as a freshman. he shut red river down for a couple innings until losing the game by two runs in extra innings.
highheat

Postby MHSfan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:53 pm

I am pretty sure that we played Kingsley in a tournament in Bemiji for Babe Ruth, He wasn't anything special from what I saw.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:55 am

Jagim flat out brings the heat but hasn't developed much of anything else.  I have not seen an official gun of him in a game situation, but just by basing him against other competition, hes gotta be at the 80 mark

-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:53 pm

so 80 is heat now? people catch up to that after an inning or two, so if he doesnt have anything else, he's not going to last more than an inning or two without giving up runs.
highheat

Postby Fargo314 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:57 am

shs01240 wrote:Jagim flat out brings the heat but hasn't developed much of anything else.  I have not seen an official gun of him in a game situation, but just by basing him against other competition, hes gotta be at the 80 mark

first off, jagim mabey hits 80 5 times throughout a game, mostly around 75 to 78 is what i would give him.  and when you have absolutely nothing to go with that 78 MPH heat, you better be praying to the baseball gods that you don't get lit up everytime you step on that mound.  one more thing... why is that when somebody says you throw 80 or have it 80 before, everybody thinks that is heat.  you better be throwing 88-90 before you can say anything bout that
Fargo314

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:40 pm

Matt Chuppe has to be up near the top. He batted leadoff and played shortstop for St. Marys. He came up with some big hits for them this past year.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:42 pm

baller01 wrote:Matt Chuppe has to be up near the top. He batted leadoff and played shortstop for St. Marys. He came up with some big hits for them this past year.

He played OF and batted 2nd.  But yes, he did come up with some big hits.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dackdude » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:51 pm

[font=comic sans ms]Both Jagim and Schweigert are all around athletes. But I think that Schweigert is a more promising baseball player. Ive played with both of them, they are usually both consistent hitters. Jagim was a star back in 13 year old traveling team ball, but in the past few years his fielding at shortstop has only been average. But now with the wooden bats the ball will go slower so it should be easier for everyone to field ground balls. I hate to say it, but when he pitches heThrows instead of Pitching. He also has different mechanics, but I know that his dad was working on that with him.
As for Schweigert, he has been a very dependable catcher for Shanley (he started most of last year due to injury of their starter). He has a strong and accurate arm (I know that I don't like to steal bases against him :))  [/font]
coolstufftodo.googlepages.com

Dackdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Ming01 wrote:
baller01 wrote:Matt Chuppe has to be up near the top. He batted leadoff and played shortstop for St. Marys. He came up with some big hits for them this past year.

He played OF and batted 2nd.  But yes, he did come up with some big hits.

Sorry, you are correct, for the most part he played outfield and batted second but he did also bat leadoff a few times. He only started SS once, sorry. But where ever he batted or played in the field. He still came up with big hits.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Willy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:09 pm

Look for the names Nelson and Johnson to contribute big at Central.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:15 am

FYI: Jagim won't be the premier SS on Shanley's team this spring.  They will probably rely on him to be the CF, his arm and mechanics are better suited there.  He'll still play SS but not every game.  As for Schweigert, look for him to be the startng RF, with Nygaard behind the plate.  Both have very good upsides, its just a matter of time until they reach their full potential.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:31 am

i dont see what everyone is even discussing this topic the fact is bollinger and frenzel are easily the best 2 sophomores in the state no ifs or buts about it
smart source

Postby Willy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:00 am

Did everyone hear that?  Only Frenzel and Bollinger need be dicussed.  No point in mentioning  anyone else!  Thanks for bringing that to our attention Smart Source.
Last edited by Willy on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class A