2007 freshmen and sophomores

Postby shs01240 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:57 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2471]brownbomber[/user] wrote:
i think their are better sophs then walker in the state
</span>

I was just talking in general with the changing of speeds. I've never actually seen him pitch. I will now take this time to plug "my boy" Eric Jagim as the best Sophomore (Junior to be) pitcher in the state.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:54 am

as guys like smart source and sauce said, the topic was who are the best sophs in the state and its really no contest.  i almost fell off my chair laughing when i saw the rest of the names in there. 

therefore as my name states, "i see it all" and Mr. Frenzel hits the ball better than any player in the state of north dakota (especially with wood) and honestly might be the best player in the state right now. (zach elgie maybe, but i'd take  frenzel with 2 outs in the 9th)

bollinger is a very nice player and i always keep an eye on him. he throws the ball well and hits for a high average. put it this way, if he could run, he'd be a complete player. 

i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby nationals21 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 am

That kid doesnt even start for Minot's 14 year old travel team.
nationals21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:33 am

thats because its illegal to play on a 14 year old team when your 17.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby King23 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:08 pm

frenzel if you count him cuz he is old enough to be a junior

bollinger will become one of the top players in the state and maybe the top pitcher

laylock from dickinson....hits spots and mixes pitches real well and the kid can accually hit pretty well too
King James 23...you better reconize
King23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ..... » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:00 pm

has anyone seen this alex hanson from williston play. i heard he did a fairly decent job at legion. in the 3 innings he pitched against minot even tho it was already 15-1 when he came in. and hes only 15 i heard
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brownbomber » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:06 pm

..... wrote:has anyone seen this alex hanson from williston play. i heard he did a fairly decent job at legion. in the 3 innings he pitched against minot even tho it was already 15-1 when he came in. and hes only 15 i heard

you should see when he pitches 15 year olds, he would pitch in both games of a double header im surprised his arm is heathly,hes pretty good though
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby riders » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:07 am

highheat wrote:Who are the freshmen and sophomores, more so the sophomores, that will be contributing for their schools this year on varsity? lets try not to turn this into a battle over who had the best babe ruth team last summer or any other crap like that.

Cole Frenzel from dickinson along with tom peters(Freshman). peters pitches well and will be pulled up from jv to play some varsity.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Re:

Postby Olgrz » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:44 pm

riders wrote:
highheat wrote:Who are the freshmen and sophomores, more so the sophomores, that will be contributing for their schools this year on varsity? lets try not to turn this into a battle over who had the best babe ruth team last summer or any other crap like that.

Cole Frenzel from dickinson along with tom peters(Freshman). peters pitches well and will be pulled up from jv to play some varsity.

How did Dickinsons jv do last year? Did they do well in the west last year?
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Re:

Postby riders » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Olgrz wrote:
riders wrote:

How did Dickinsons jv do last year? Did they do well in the west last year?

Dickinson had a very young JV roster. all freshmen with only 3 sophmores. they are a pretty solid team that can play ball. some good hitters and kovacs and peters pitch well. should be one of the better teams in the west for jv this year.(coaching is sometimes an issue)
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 2007 freshmen and sophomores

Postby goodstuff » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:04 pm

sophmores for north have a big group coming up and they will be unstoppable there senior year
goodstuff

Postby riders » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 am

DHS jv is pretty much a soph team this year. they should be tough to beat in the wda and have a bit of a chip on their shoulder after winning the consolation championship last year.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:26 pm

Reid Jungling is going to be a sophmore this year at mandan....solid pitcher
demon_fan14

Postby baseball18 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:59 am

demon_fan14 wrote:Reid Jungling is going to be a sophmore this year at mandan....solid pitcher

if you consider 40 mph good...
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:56 am

baseball18 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:Reid Jungling is going to be a sophmore this year at mandan....solid pitcher

yeah exactly hes nothing that impressive hes average if that
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:20 pm

brownbomber wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

yeah exactly hes nothing that impressive hes average if that

he doesnt throw that hard thats true but if im not mistaken he beat minot last year and i really doubt hes average for a sophmore pitcher
demon_fan14

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:54 pm

ok i just dont think hes that good even for a sophmore
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Z Scout » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Jungling, what does he have that would make him a good pitcher. He doesn't throw hard, not exactly much of a dominating curveball or any special offspeed that would make him good. They only thing to his advantage this season will be wood bats, which will be to every pitchers advantage so count him out of being a top or even good pitcher in the WDA.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demon_fan14 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:39 pm

ND Z Scout wrote:Jungling, what does he have that would make him a good pitcher. He doesn't throw hard, not exactly much of a dominating curveball or any special offspeed that would make him good. They only thing to his advantage this season will be wood bats, which will be to every pitchers advantage so count him out of being a top or even good pitcher in the WDA.

i didnt know this topic was about top pitchers in the WDA.........i thought it was about 2007 Freshman and Sopmores
demon_fan14

Previous

Return to Class A