2006 High School Baseball

Postby 4for4 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:59 am

I suppose we will won't we:)
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:10 am

Ming do you honestly think that minots coach voted them one no coach will vote their team high they are modest about it
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4for4 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:00 am

Well if the coaches poll is more accurate than our own, then congratulations because they still have century and dickinson both in front of St.Mary's lol, so I'm not sure what your getting at here.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby under armour » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:08 pm

4for4 wrote:Ming01, it's about 5 on 1, with the 5 agreeing that dickinson won't be as great as you think. Every single one of those names you listed for the Dickinson lineup are unheard of. And yes you are listing the teams based on experience, you had St.Mary's ranked 4th, there's no way St. Mary's even makes the top 6. They have Bohan and Earhardt, anyone else returning besides Loomis and his pitching, is nothing to ride home about. You say Century will be ranked 6 or 7, let's get serious now, Century is going to be solid all the way around besides some pitching issues, they will be ahead of St. Mary's and Dickinson, look for them to be at least in the top 4, I'm predicting them 3rd.

They may be unheard of but thats not the point, they get the job done. You don't have to have a flashy team filled with all stars, You can go very far with just alot of hard work and determination. I guess we will see when season comes but I bet that it will be those two teams battling for #2 and #3 seeds. You got to admit that they both will be great.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:38 pm

2 SPORT THREAT wrote:Ming do you honestly think that minots coach voted them one no coach will vote their team high they are modest about it

THE COACHES DON"T VOTE FOR THEIR OWN TEAM LIKE I SAID BEFORE...
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:40 pm

4for4 wrote:Well if the coaches poll is more accurate than our own, then congratulations because they still have century and dickinson both in front of St.Mary's lol, so I'm not sure what your getting at here.

Was I talking about St. Mary's in my last few posts?  I am mainly pointing out Dickinson and how you all underrated them.  I will end on that note, lets just wait for the season, its almost under way.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4for4 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Alright this is just simply getting drug out, the season starts today, good luck to all of the WDA teams and let's just see how it turns out.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby KPuck34 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:04 pm

Ming01 - I think you are the one who is overrating Dickinson and putting them up on a pedestal.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4for4 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:44 pm

Yeah I was gonna say, I thought Ming was the one overrating them.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:06 pm

Yeah my bad I wasn't paying attention I ment to put overrating...
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby gazel22 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:53 pm

century has a lot of good players coming back.   Wentz, Dustin & Chris Wenzel, Allen,Geinert,Gesellchen,and not to mention new upcoming players,Schlosser,and hausauer,( who can playanywhere you ask him and be productive at any spot on the field).  Between Chris, Schlosser and Gesellchen that is probly one the most solid outfields you can ask for, not much will be dropping in the outfield, and i can gaurentee that! We'll have a great solid defens and if we can get the bats goin we'll be a very dangerous team to watch out for.  And as far a seniors lost we only really lost 2 main players Cross and Schmidty, who cares about Betz he was a terrible outfielder and a streeky hitter.  Chris will fill in for Betz no problem and cross and schmidty are filled in for already, Wentz taking the role of schmidty's spot in hitting and Cross's spot on the field.  Schlosser takaing schmidty's spot in the field and he can play outfield just about as good as schmidty.  not to mention Schlosser is a power hitter, once he gets hot he hits the stuff out of the ball, Man you're just to washed up in the St.Mary's  pride which there is no problem in having pride in your school i respect that, but come an man lets be serious here St.Mary's isnt going to hav ethat good of a team, at least not to finsh ahead of century.

*Edited by ndfan and 1337: Keep it clean!
Last edited by gazel22 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gazel22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndsioux » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:06 am

I wouldnt start comparing Nate Schlosser to Brian Schmidt if I were you. Schmidt is a Division 2 player, and Schlosser shouldn't be starting this year. Schmidt played as a Freshman and Schlosser will be lucky to hit over .250. And Wentz played a lot of shortstop last year anyways, so he isn't exactly taking Cross's spot.
ndsioux

Postby 4for4 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:43 am

Than who should be starting in the outfield for Century NDsioux?
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:46 am

no matter what schlosser does he will be better than schmidty was his senior year he basically played the whole season with a dead arm
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsioux » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:21 am

Yeah but he was also the best hitter on the team, and schmidt with a bad arm could still throw very well from right field. Plus he had been playing there for at least 4 years, Schlosser is going to have to learn a lot of the strategies to playing right field, especially that sun at municipal
ndsioux

Postby dwenzel34 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:21 pm

Brian played first base after he hurt his arm, which was about half way through the season. He played left field also in the begining of the year not right.
Last edited by dwenzel34 on Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwenzel34

Postby Baseballfan35 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:41 pm

I think if you look at this year's class, there is no clear front-runner such as Minot 05, Dickinson 04, & Bismarck High 03.  I think it'll be very close between the three Bismarck teams, Dicky, Willy & Minot to make state.  I also think you guys are rating Minot too high.  If there's one team to watch, its Bismarck High.  They have about 11 guys who are ready to start at the varsity level.  I also think Brandon Solemsaas will dominate this year because he had a really good summer & from what I hear, has worked hard this past off-season.  Solemsaas & Lundy will be the two best pitchers from the West easily.
Baseballfan35

Postby ndsioux » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:27 am

dwenzel34 wrote:Brian played first base after he hurt his arm, which was about half way through the season. He played left field also in the begining of the year not right.

no schmidt played right, betz played left.
ndsioux

Postby ndsprtsfn14 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:58 am

This last summer I drove across the river to Mandan to watch some of the Central Plains Regional Tournament.  There were some really good teams playing.  I knew that Mandan would be playing because they hosted it, and I didn't think they would do anything.  However, Mandan did beat the team that ended up taking third in the tournament.  They are getting back the majority of players that made up that summer roster.  Why is everybody taking them so lightly?  7th?
ndsprtsfn14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsioux » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:05 am

because that was the Mandan legion team and they had kids who were back from college and kids from some surrounding small towns.
ndsioux

Postby ndsprtsfn14 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:13 am

I looked up the roster on the Internet, and there was only one kid back from college.  He didn't contribute at all, he went 0 for the tournament.  The contributions came from not only Schnell and Jungling, but the large core of now seniors at Mandan.
ndsprtsfn14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 4for4 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:37 am

Who's gonna throw for Mandan? Exactly.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:53 am

Because mandan lost a lot of people due to D U I as well as minors in possesion so it may be bad for them
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsioux » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:14 am

yeah mandan might win a few games but i dont see them getting any better than 6th
ndsioux

Postby Honus355 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:26 am

Most of the guys in mandan that did get minors got them a while ago and will be ready for the season. And just because Mandan doesn't have the star pitchers does not mean anything in HS baseball. If people can throw strikes and the defense plays well, that's what truely matters. Look at someone like Bismarck High last year. Sure they had Carr (who is doing well at the U of M I might add) but other than him no pitcher threw gas, but they pitched well...they threw strikes. I think that is a big misconception in HS baseball is that you need to throw 85 to be good, but the real deal is that throwing strikes and keeping people off balance is essential. A good change up beats a 85 mph fastball any day of the week!
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class A