2009 Babe Ruth Regional

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2009 Babe Ruth Regional

Postby bismarck8 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:42 pm

What are thoughts about the 2009 regional tournement?
bismarck8
NDPreps Rookie

Re: 2009 Babe Ruth Regional

Postby theman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:50 pm

I think the best part of the whole tournament was West Fargo losing to Minnetonka. West Fargo did not take the state tournament seriously because they were automatically in the regional anyway. Their first couple they got lucky that Nebraska and Iowa did not come to play. They made too many errors to compete with West Fargo. They fact that Minnetonka beat them was a big slap in the face. After that they played solidly and ten-runned every team (including Minnetonka in the championship). They were able to show that Tanner Dahl was the best pitcher in the region, and that Chance Bitzer is the best hitter in the region. The fact that Bismark also won a game is good, too, because it was their first regional ever. The group from West Fargo lost their first state tournament EVER this year. Starting with 10 year olds (the youngest for traveling teams at the time, I don't know about now), they won every year by beating Bismark. I think that it was great that they not only got to go in their final year, but win a game, too. With LaMoure taking second in regionals, Dickinson taking third, and West Fargo winning, North Dakota is showing to be a powerhouse in the midwest. I really hope that West Fargo can end their streak of choking at the world series and put together a really good showing.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:09 pm

I will agree that West Fargo did not take the state tournament seriously but disagree on many other points. They flat out rocked Nebraska and Iowa in the first two games. It was not that the teams did not come to play they just got beat. In the loss to Minnetonka that where they lost to the best pitcher in the region. Matt Behounek from Minnetonka is the best pitcher not Tanner Dahl, and I believe Connor Albeurhasky from Iowa City is the best hitter in the region not Chance Bitzer. They did not beat Bismarck in the state championship every year. In 10-12, they beat fargo once and grand forks twice. And you must be and idiot if you think West Fargo has choked at the World Series and clearly dont know how good the teams there are. It is a fantastic accomplishment alone for an ND team to make it and those teams are phenomenol including to some extent the host teams as well. Every host team I have seen there so far has a stud pitcher or two who can beat nearly any other team in the tournament. So going 1-3 with some close loses where you just got beat two years in a row is not a choke.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby theman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Number7 wrote:I will agree that West Fargo did not take the state tournament seriously but disagree on many other points. They flat out rocked Nebraska and Iowa in the first two games. It was not that the teams did not come to play they just got beat. In the loss to Minnetonka that where they lost to the best pitcher in the region. Matt Behounek from Minnetonka is the best pitcher not Tanner Dahl, and I believe Connor Albeurhasky from Iowa City is the best hitter in the region not Chance Bitzer. They did not beat Bismarck in the state championship every year. In 10-12, they beat fargo once and grand forks twice. And you must be and idiot if you think West Fargo has choked at the World Series and clearly dont know how good the teams there are. It is a fantastic accomplishment alone for an ND team to make it and those teams are phenomenol including to some extent the host teams as well. Every host team I have seen there so far has a stud pitcher or two who can beat nearly any other team in the tournament. So going 1-3 with some close loses where you just got beat two years in a row is not a choke.
\
If you think Matt Behounek is the best pitcher, you obviously didn't see either of the championship games. Not a single pitcher from Minnetonka could stop WF let alone throw a strike. Tanner Dahl handled the pressure and mowed 'em down. About the best hitter, I agree Connor is a great hitter, but Bitzer tore it up in the last 4 games that West Fargo played. He was almost impossible to get out. My bad on the teams WF beat in the championships. It's been Bismark ever since they switched to regulation fields. About me being an idiot, I honenstly think you're wrong. If you see any of their world series games, look at their box scores, or even talk to the players (which I have at extent), you would realize that the close games came down to stupid errors that they normally do not commit. They even admit to that. They have made it their goal not to choke this year and go for the gold.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Baseball