2020 Legion season cancelled

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2020 Legion season cancelled

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:02 pm

https://twitter.com/NDLegion/status/1245868314238144512

@NDLegion
As we continue to monitor updates and recommendations regarding #COVID19, our DEC has decided that it’s best to cancel upcoming events. ND @legionbaseball, @ndboysstate and our annual convention will not take place this year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: 2020 Legion season cancelled

Postby NDPREP » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:41 am

Crazy times, but not totally unexpected, with colleges cancelling summer session #1 and college summer leagues canceling already seems proactive. Now I worry about football...
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:50 pm

I know a lot of Legion programs are going ahead and scheduling games and plan on playing games this summer only they won't be under the American Legion banner. So my question is - will they still follow the age rules for American Legion or will it basically be amateur baseball with no age limits, no innings rules for pitchers, etc.... I would like to think they would follow the American Legion rules but I wonder. I also wonder about funding for travel, equipment etc... If anyone has some insight or knowledge about this I would appreciate it if you would share it.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDPREP » Tue May 05, 2020 9:00 am

I know a lot of schools the park district's and boosters fund baseball and the local legions just help. So I would guess funding isn't going to be a huge issue but will still probably need to charge normal playing fee's. Sounds like a lot are talking Sr. Babe Ruth now?
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sun May 17, 2020 10:43 pm

I don't know how it is going to work, but I've heard some programs are going to try and make an independent league. I have no idea how that will work.

My question is about summer rec leagues (like 12 and younger)? seems like some are just going like normal.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Baseball