2017 North Dakota's Best Team's

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2017 North Dakota's Best Team's

Postby Rivershark » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm hoping this thread will strike up some good conversation. Who are the best teams in the state and how would they stack up against each other? I know there are many teams that play outside their own division. How did they do and who are North Dakota's top teams?

I'll start by saying that Park River's Post 147 can play with any of the AA teams in the state. They showed it in Fargo earlier this summer by loosing 1 run games against Fargo Post 2 and Moorhead. In both games they out hit the opposing team. PR had no problem hitting against Fargo's Luke Sandy and would have won the game if it weren't for water sitting in the outfield. I know that their schedule isn't as challenging as Fargo's, and their skill level more than likely goes deeper than PR, but you put each team's best players on the mound and you have a really good game. PR is also a team with really great speed and they can hit the long ball. 23 homers on the season between 6 players. Double elimination tournaments sometimes kills teams because they lack pitching depth. PR has 7 good pitchers they can use any night. I would be surprised if they weren't playing in the championship game in a couple weeks.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 2017 North Dakota's Best Team's

Postby Flip » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:18 pm

loosing ≠ losing
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby hockeynut » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Bismarcks 15 year old team won state once again. They were national champs as 12 year olds I believe and have been 2nd and third. Now they are off to Kansas next week for regionals. My nephew Luke Domres is on the team. He's half brother to Carson Wentz. Team is full of multi sport athletes including another Feeney.
Last edited by hockeynut on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Bismarck 15 year olds won their first game at regionals in Kansas 16-2 over Colorado.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Barfly » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Good luck! Make North Dakota proud !
Barfly
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeynut » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:48 pm

They beat the host city today, Junction City,KS 12-2. Tomorrow should be their biggest test in Missouri who is also 2-0 so far.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:24 pm

So much for having a tough game today. Bismarck wins 26-3 over Missouri. Not sure who they have tomorrow yet. Still some pool games to be played yet today.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:27 am

Bismarck plays Columbus, KS at 2:30 today. Win that they play for the ship at 5.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Back to the Nationals for the 4th year in a row. Start August 10 in Tennessee.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:03 am

Rivershark wrote:I'm hoping this thread will strike up some good conversation. Who are the best teams in the state and how would they stack up against each other? I know there are many teams that play outside their own division. How did they do and who are North Dakota's top teams?

I'll start by saying that Park River's Post 147 can play with any of the AA teams in the state. They showed it in Fargo earlier this summer by loosing 1 run games against Fargo Post 2 and Moorhead. In both games they out hit the opposing team. PR had no problem hitting against Fargo's Luke Sandy and would have won the game if it weren't for water sitting in the outfield. I know that their schedule isn't as challenging as Fargo's, and their skill level more than likely goes deeper than PR, but you put each team's best players on the mound and you have a really good game. PR is also a team with really great speed and they can hit the long ball. 23 homers on the season between 6 players. Double elimination tournaments sometimes kills teams because they lack pitching depth. PR has 7 good pitchers they can use any night. I would be surprised if they weren't playing in the championship game in a couple weeks.

Good call on Park River. :wink:
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Bismarck lost first 2 games at WS in Tennessee but came back and win next 2. Ended up 2nd seed in their bracket. Play tomorrow at 8am. Loser goes home.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am

Bismarcks season has come to and end after losing to Florida in the quarterfinals last night 5-3. They could not get the big hit as they had many chances to win this game. With that said another great season by a team that has been to the Nationals 4 years in a row winning one and taking second and third in 2 others.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:12 pm

hockeynut wrote:Bismarcks season has come to and end after losing to Florida in the quarterfinals last night 5-3. They could not get the big hit as they had many chances to win this game. With that said another great season by a team that has been to the Nationals 4 years in a row winning one and taking second and third in 2 others.

So, where do these players end up next year in the Bismarck programs?
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:34 pm

I thought Bismarck 13 year olds made it to the World Series too. I think they beat the host team and then lost to New Jersey(?). Then I never heard anything more.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby hockeynut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Rivershark wrote:
hockeynut wrote:Bismarcks season has come to and end after losing to Florida in the quarterfinals last night 5-3. They could not get the big hit as they had many chances to win this game. With that said another great season by a team that has been to the Nationals 4 years in a row winning one and taking second and third in 2 others.

So, where do these players end up next year in the Bismarck programs?

They all move up to Legion ball. One or two of them should make the top squad. The rest will play for the Reps.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spins » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:48 am

hockeynut wrote:Bismarcks 15 year old team won state once again. They were national champs as 12 year olds I believe and have been 2nd and third. Now they are off to Kansas next week for regionals. My nephew Luke Domres is on the team. He's half brother to Carson Wentz. Team is full of multi sport athletes including another Feeney.

Watched them play in the Williston Tournament this year. Good team---terrible sportsmanship and fans.
spins
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:13 pm

spins wrote:
hockeynut wrote:Bismarcks 15 year old team won state once again. They were national champs as 12 year olds I believe and have been 2nd and third. Now they are off to Kansas next week for regionals. My nephew Luke Domres is on the team. He's half brother to Carson Wentz. Team is full of multi sport athletes including another Feeney.

Watched them play in the Williston Tournament this year. Good team---terrible sportsmanship and fans.

Funny you mentioned that. The Reps team that played in the A tournament in Grand Forks was similar. Coaches yelling at the Umpires, fans yelling at the umpires. I didn't notice anything from the players.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spins » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Too bad- if a team like that would show some class, they would get much respect.
Coaches and/or players almost got tossed.
spins
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeynut » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Rivershark wrote:
spins wrote:

Funny you mentioned that. The Reps team that played in the A tournament in Grand Forks was similar. Coaches yelling at the Umpires, fans yelling at the umpires. I didn't notice anything from the players.

Watched them play a half dozen games this summer and saw none of that. I know my nephew has a laid back attitude and would never show disrespect to a team or the game. Very respectful kid.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Baseball