High School Ballparks

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

High School Ballparks

Postby GJF85 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 pm

When you think about it, in the Major Leagues, pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training very soon. However, in our climate, our high school baseball season tends to begin on varying days each year. In some of my spare time, I've been working on building a North Dakota High School Baseball history website. Since there's a football one made already, and most people are familiar with ND HS Basketball, thought why not do baseball? It's the national pastime. Many schools co-op to form teams. Given that most of the cities in a co-op have a ballpark, I was curious as to where the "home ballpark" for some of the co-op teams are. And for some schools on their own, I'm unaware as to where they play their home games. And if possible, the name of the ballpark would be appreciated too. Here's a list of what I'm looking for. Greatly appreciated.
TURTLE MOUNTAIN BRAVES (field in Belcourt or Dunseith)
DRAYTON/ST. THOMAS/VALLEY-EDINBURG BLUE KNIGHTS (no clue where they do home games)
HANKINSON/FAIRMOUNT/CAMPBELL-TINTAH/LIDGERWOOD/ROSHOLT (Hankinson? or do they use the fields in Lidgerwood and Fairmount?)
KIDDER COUNTY/NAPOLEON/GACKLE-STREETER WOLVES (I think they play in Steele?)
MAX/GARRISON/WHITE SHIELD COSSACKS (either Max or Garrison but not sure)
MEDINA/PINGREE-BUCHANAN THUNDER (I'm guessing Medina but not sure)
MOHALL-LANSFORD-SHERWOOD/GLENBURN MUSKRATS (I think they play in Lansford?)
PEMBINA COUNTY NORTH GRIZZLIES (have no idea if they play in Pembina, Walhalla, or Cavalier)
MIDKOTA/DAKOTA PRAIRIE/LAKOTA/GRIGGS COUNTY CENTRAL MUSTANGS (I think they play in Tolna?)
NORTHERN LIGHTS COMETS (no idea if they play in Rolette, Rolla, or St. John)
CENTRAL McLEAN COUGARS (no idea in they play in Turtle Lake, McClusky, or Underwood)
WASHBURN/WILTON/CENTER-STANTON CARDINALS (I'm guessing Washburn, but not sure)
Last edited by GJF85 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GJF85
Joshua 1:9
ND High School Baseball & Softball Website in Progress
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve

Re: High School Ballparks

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 pm

GJF85 wrote:When you think about it, in the Major Leagues, pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training very soon. However, in our climate, our high school baseball season tends to begin on varying days each year. In some of my spare time, I've been working on building a North Dakota High School Baseball history website. Since there's a football one made already, and most people are familiar with ND HS Basketball, thought why not do baseball? It's the national pastime. Many schools co-op to form teams. Given that most of the cities in a co-op have a ballpark, I was curious as to where the "home ballpark" for some of the co-op teams are. And for some schools on their own, I'm unaware as to where they play their home games. And if possible, the name of the ballpark would be appreciated too. Here's a list of what I'm looking for. Greatly appreciated.
DRAYTON/ST. THOMAS/VALLEY-EDINBURG BLUE KNIGHTS (no clue where they do home games)
PEMBINA COUNTY NORTH GRIZZLIES (have no idea if they play in Pembina, Walhalla, or Cavalier)
MIDKOTA/DAKOTA PRAIRIE/LAKOTA/GRIGGS COUNTY CENTRAL MUSTANGS (I think they play in Tolna?)
CENTRAL McLEAN COUGARS (no idea in they play in Turtle Lake, McClusky, or Underwood)

Medina would be MPB's home park, Washburn is the WWCS park.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby GJF85 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks Schwab I appreciate it.
GJF85
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:21 am

GJF85 wrote:When you think about it, in the Major Leagues, pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training very soon. However, in our climate, our high school baseball season tends to begin on varying days each year. In some of my spare time, I've been working on building a North Dakota High School Baseball history website. Since there's a football one made already, and most people are familiar with ND HS Basketball, thought why not do baseball? It's the national pastime. Many schools co-op to form teams. Given that most of the cities in a co-op have a ballpark, I was curious as to where the "home ballpark" for some of the co-op teams are. And for some schools on their own, I'm unaware as to where they play their home games. And if possible, the name of the ballpark would be appreciated too. Here's a list of what I'm looking for. Greatly appreciated.
HANKINSON/FAIRMOUNT/CAMPBELL-TINTAH/LIDGERWOOD/ROSHOLT (Hankinson? or do they use the fields in Lidgerwood and Fairmount?)

I'm not 100% on any of these....

Turtle Mtn plays in Belcourt
I think the DP coop plays in Tolna. Not sure if full time, tho. I know McVille, Lakota, Cooperstown, and Glenfield all have fields.
I'm pretty sure Northern Lights splits games between Rolette and Rolla. Rolette has a pretty nice field and I wouldn't be suprised if they play all home game there.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GJF85 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks lions! Greatly appreciated!
GJF85
GJF85
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hook » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Drayton/st. Thomas./ valley/ edinburg plays in St. Thomas
Pembina county north has played in all 3 at times... mostly depends on witch field is under water/playable
hook
NDPreps Starter

Return to Baseball