NEW 2019 Legion Baseball Breakdown

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

NEW 2019 Legion Baseball Breakdown

Postby Rivershark » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:13 pm

Class AA will consist of 9 teams playing a state wide schedule.

Class AA teams are Bismarck Govs, Dickinson Roughriders, Fargo Post 2, Fargo Post 400, Grand Forks Royals, Mandan Chiefs, West Fargo Patriots, and Williston Keybirds.

State tournament will be hosted in by Grand Forks Royal 26-30 July 2019 with the winner advancing to the Central Plains Tournament in Sioux Falls, SD

The Class A will go to 2 regions from 4 regions.

The West Division-Bismarck Reps, Bismarck Capitals, Beulah, Minot Metros, Surrey, Jamestown, Mandan, & Watford City.

The East Division-Devils Lake, Grand Forks Blues, Casselton, Fargo Bombers, Kindred, Wahpeton, Valley City and West Fargo Aces

Divisional Tournament will be held 23-27 July with the State A Tournament being hosted by the Bismarck Capitals in Bismarck on July 31-4 August.

North Dakota American Legion Baseball Class B will go from four districts to seven districts.

District#1-Dickinson Vol, Belfield, Hazen, Hettinger and New Salem

District#2-Ray, Burlington, Crosby, Scobey, MT, Stanley and Tioga.

District#3-Bottineau, Garrison, Makoti, Renville County, and Velva.

District#4-Cando, Carrington, New Rockford, Harvey, Washburn and Kidder County.

District#5-Thompson, Larimore, Park River, Grafton, Hatton, Minto, and Langdon.

District#6-Gardner, Nelson County, Hope, Mayville, Hillsboro, West Fargo Vets.

District#7-Farimount, Ellendale, Lamoure, Enderlin, Oakes, and Fargo Jets.

District Tournaments(Double Elimination) will be held 23-27 July, with the completion date being the 27th.
State Tournament will be held in Hazen, ND 31 July-August 4
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: NEW 2019 Legion Baseball Breakdown

Postby go maji » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:15 pm

I think you forgot the Minot Vistas.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby kedock » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Need to add Harwood to District 6 in Class B as they weren't on the original post.

Changes to B are great. Not sure why Hatton and Nelson County aren't switched, but I'd be very happy with these changes overall. This also addresses the challenges having a host team presents. 7 districts plus 1 host team makes it easy to figure out who's going to state.

The next step is somehow addressing the 3 class system.
- There has to be a way to get a 16 team AA league right? Make Fargo have 3 teams, Bismarck, Dickinson, Grand Forks, Mandan, and West Fargo 2 teams each, and Williston, Minot, and Jamestown 1 team. I understand this waters down some of the teams as they try to progress further on than just ND play, so it's not perfect, but a 9 team class is crazy!
- Put the remaining 50 teams in Class B. 6 districts with 7 and one with 8.
- If 3 classes have to be, having some junior legions from your Class AA teams in A and some in B just seems out of place. Get them all in the same class.
kedock
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDPREP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Yea I just don't see Beulah, Casselton, Kindred, and Surrey that much better and bigger that they are in a division with all the class A school towns/teams. AA I think should be 16 and have 2 regions.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 am

It's to bad that four of the top teams in the state are all in the same district.

District#5-Thompson, Larimore, Park River, Grafton, Hatton, Minto, and Langdon.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm

someone mentioned it, but why aren't Hatton and Nelson County switched?

Pretty sure it's Hatton-Northwood too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:43 am

Flip wrote:someone mentioned it, but why aren't Hatton and Nelson County switched?

Well I am not saying I don't disagree with you. One thing to consider is Nelson County is the Midkota-Dakota Prairie-Griggs County-Lakota co-op. So half of the kids are from Midkota and Griggs County. This puts them very close to Hope and other towns to the south.

Also you put NC with Thompson, Grafton, Langdon, and Park River. Think of the state tournament appearances or championships with between these 5 teams if they are all in one.

Nelson County is the team you could put in about 4 different sections.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 am

scc wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
Flip wrote:someone mentioned it, but why aren't Hatton and Nelson County switched?

Well I am not saying I don't disagree with you. One thing to consider is Nelson County is the Midkota-Dakota Prairie-Griggs County-Lakota co-op. So half of the kids are from Midkota and Griggs County. This puts them very close to Hope and other towns to the south.

Also you put NC with Thompson, Grafton, Langdon, and Park River. Think of the state tournament appearances or championships with between these 5 teams if they are all in one.

Nelson County is the team you could put in about 4 different sections.

This should not have any bearing.

I never said it should. I was just stating look at the state tournament appearances.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:56 pm

I agree district 5 is loaded region with Thompson, Grafton, Park River, Langdon, and Hatton its not just this year but has been for at least last 20 years all these towns have good baseball programs. This coming year all them should have above average teams and with only one them reaching the state it will make for very competitive district tournament. I could see two of the five reaching the high school state tournament next year and both would be one of the favorites to win the state high school tournament.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:02 am

B-oldtimer wrote:I agree district 5 is loaded region with Thompson, Grafton, Park River, Langdon, and Hatton its not just this year but has been for at least last 20 years all these towns have good baseball programs. This coming year all them should have above average teams and with only one them reaching the state it will make for very competitive district tournament. I could see two of the five reaching the high school state tournament next year and both would be one of the favorites to win the state high school tournament.

Let District #5 host the state tournament so at least one more of these will advance.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:20 am

go maji wrote:I think you forgot the Minot Vistas.

Does Minot have a AA team or no?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:13 am

I'm trying to follow the region tournaments and it's confusing. I'm trying to figure out why some Fargo teams are AA, A, and B. How is it determined who goes where? How are the teams split? The Bismarck teams are confusing too. Some districts have 4 teams, others have 8, heck there is even a team from Montana.

Kind of an off topic question too, is senior Babe Ruth still a thing? 20 years ago there were some good 18 year old Babe Ruth teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:31 am

Flip wrote:I'm trying to follow the region tournaments and it's confusing. I'm trying to figure out why some Fargo teams are AA, A, and B. How is it determined who goes where? How are the teams split? The Bismarck teams are confusing too. Some districts have 4 teams, others have 8, heck there is even a team from Montana.

Kind of an off topic question too, is senior Babe Ruth still a thing? 20 years ago there were some good 18 year old Babe Ruth teams.

I know the Jets are what you would call Fargo Post 2’s Sophomore team (16U) and the Bombers are 18U but are considered to be their JV team

Attached below is the Policy Manual:

https://www.ndlegion.org/wp-content/upl ... nuel-1.pdf
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Baseball