Saturday scrimmages

The teams in Class AAA

Saturday scrimmages

Postby MinotBison » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Just got back from a huge scrimmage held at Minot State. There were teams from Beulah, Hazen, Rugby, Velva, Bottineau, Des Lacs, Harvey, Stanley, Minot Ryan and Minot High. Apologies if I omitted anyone.

I only watched Minot High's sessions against Ryan, Hazen and Velva, and yes I know that scrimmages are just that, scrimmages. But if today was any indication, Minot High is going to have a very long year. They didn't appear to be able to stop anyone, and their offense had only marginal success running the ball.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who attended any scrimmages elsewhere in the state.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Re: Saturday scrimmages

Postby squeak63 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:26 pm

there was also a scrimmage in bismarck between bismarck high, st.marys, century, and mandan... i also heard that west fargo and north were scrimmaging does anyone know how that went?
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby smsaints » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:33 pm

squeak63 wrote:there was also a scrimmage in bismarck between bismarck high, st.marys, century, and mandan... i also heard that west fargo and north were scrimmaging does anyone know how that went?

does anyone know how the scrimmage looked up at the bowl did anyone have some kids who were playing well or did any team stick out
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stoaxc2004 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:52 pm

There was a scrimmage on Thursday night at Fargo Shanley. Shanley struggled to get anything working against Fargo Oak Grove (AA; defending Champs), and OG will have a decent year; but nothing compared to last years RUN!!

My PREDICTION is that Fargo Shanley will have another LONG year in AAA (their last year before moving to AA)!!
stoaxc2004

Postby trackbbfan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:12 pm

It was hard to tell at the bowl as far as who stood out. As far as teams go, BHS obviously looked better than the others....they had one kid break out for a couple of TD's. But, there wasn't a roster and all 4 teams were playing at the same time so it was hard to tell how individual players were doing.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:14 pm

trackbbfan wrote:It was hard to tell at the bowl as far as who stood out. As far as teams go, BHS obviously looked better than the others....they had one kid break out for a couple of TD's. But, there wasn't a roster and all 4 teams were playing at the same time so it was hard to tell how individual players were doing.

that was jake miller
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:43 pm

Its gunna be a big year for Jake if he stays healthy. With how much Gibson likes to run they ball and how solid BHS O line is i think hes going to be the top running back in the west
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:05 pm

There will probly be alot of running the 1st couple of games without Esley. After that, they might put it in the air...until they start drilling all the WDA teams. THen they will go back to their running game.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:00 pm

trackbbfan wrote:There will probly be alot of running the 1st couple of games without Esley. After that, they might put it in the air...until they start drilling all the WDA teams. THen they will go back to their running game.

its going to be a balanced attack for bhs... they have all the skill guys you can ask for especially when elsey comes back jolliffe will be able to split out at wide out and also the new guys on the o-line for bhs are really starting to come around and figure out the blocking schemes coach gibson has in place
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Its esley not elsey squeak. and i think esley is gunna come back for conference play with a chip on his shoulder and is going to have a great season
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:10 pm

King James wrote:Its esley not elsey squeak. and i think esley is gunna come back for conference play with a chip on his shoulder and is going to have a great season

sorry king james its called a typo deal with it
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:18 pm

trackbbfan wrote:There will probly be alot of running the 1st couple of games without Esley. After that, they might put it in the air...until they start drilling all the WDA teams. THen they will go back to their running game.

what happened to esley thorton?
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:22 pm

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:

what happened to esley thorton?

He is out for 2 games, Jolliffe will be starting for him. Specifics of whatever happened are not known to the general public, but I believe it was something involving playing in a basketball tournament and not going to a camp. Nothing really that bad.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby FBguy17 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:54 pm

does anyone know how the west fargo vs north fargo scrimmage went?
FBguy17

Return to AAA