(#5) Bismarck Century - 20, at Jamestown - 6

Bismarck St. Mary's - 21, at (RV) Minot - 42

Dickinson - 7, at Williston - 35

Fargo Shanley - 16, at Detroit Lakes, MN - 23

(#1) Fargo South - 42, at Grand Forks Red River - 20

Grand Forks Central - 14, at (#4) West Fargo - 28

Mandan - 0, at (#2) Bismarck High - 41

(#3) Wahpeton - 7, at Fargo North - 14
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: AAA - Week # 6 Schedule (2008)

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:45 am

First prediction?
It'd be an honor. :D
ND Football Guy wrote:Friday, October 3

Bismarck Century at Jamestown

Bismarck St. Mary's at Minot

Dickinson at Williston

Fargo Shanley at Detroit Lakes, MN

Fargo South at Grand Forks Red River

Grand Forks Central at West Fargo

Mandan at Bismarck High

Wahpeton at Fargo North

I'm a self-proclaimed terrible football predictor.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby BHSgraduate » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:22 am

CHS-Jamestown has a decent team, but the CHS is starting to put together a good offense.
STM-Not sure if they can pull it off, but I dont know if Minot will be able to bounce back from getting worked up and down the feild by BHS on their homecoming night.
WIL-They have a pretty good offense, their defense could maybe use some work though.
SHAN-Just going with the ND team.
FS-As much as I would like to see an upset here, it wont happen.
WF-They bounce back from their lose, and work over GFC
BHS-Its their homecoming night aganist Mandan, one of the biggest cross rival game ever. I got BHS scoring at least 40+. While Mandan scores 0
WAHP-They are coming off a good win over WF, I think they might be on a roll now and they just keep rolling.
BHSgraduate

Postby body-by-budig » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:49 am

id like to know how a team like mandan can get pumped up before a game like bhs's homecoming. they know theyre going to get pumped like the pistons on an old iron train. i wish i could get an all access pass into mandans locker room. my best guess would be a priest possibly be handing out last rights. :D
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:15 pm

body-by-budig wrote:id like to know how a team like mandan can get pumped up before a game like bhs's homecoming. they know theyre going to get pumped like the pistons on an old iron train. i wish i could get an all access pass into mandans locker room. my best guess would be a priest possibly be handing out last rights. :D

This in my opinion is one of classless posts I have read on North Dakota Preps and I have read them all. How would you feel if you are one of those kids who work their tail off in the offseason and during practice. Those kids probably bust their butt just as hard as anyone because they love the game of football. Most kids only get four years to play the game they love. Football is probably the most demanding sport to get ready for and to prepare for. Some of those kids probably didn't put in the time that they needed to be at their personal best. I can guarantee that their is a handful who put in the time to reap the rewards but football is the ultimate team sport. It is those kids who that don't deserve to read or hear about the crap the you just wrote.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:11 pm

Welcome to anonymity, cubsfan.
It shouldn't be allowed to bash players on this forum, but if they're reading these forums, they should take every response with a grain of salt, and assume the worst on the other side of the spectrum.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jarudy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:12 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:Friday, October 3

(#5) Bismarck Century at Jamestown

Bismarck St. Mary's at (RV) Minot

Dickinson at Williston

Fargo Shanley at Detroit Lakes, MN

(#1) Fargo South at Grand Forks Red River

Grand Forks Central at (#4) West Fargo

Mandan at (#2) Bismarck High

(#3) Wahpeton at Fargo North

Cent
BSM
Williston
DL
FS - a decent game I think, not a blowout
WF
BHS
WAHP- will run over north's *smaller* sized team but they do have good team speed. We will see
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby body-by-budig » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:56 pm

cubsfan wrote:
body-by-budig wrote:id like to know how a team like mandan can get pumped up before a game like bhs's homecoming. they know theyre going to get pumped like the pistons on an old iron train. i wish i could get an all access pass into mandans locker room. my best guess would be a priest possibly be handing out last rights. :D

This in my opinion is one of classless posts I have read on North Dakota Preps and I have read them all. How would you feel if you are one of those kids who work their tail off in the offseason and during practice.
Those kids probably bust their butt just as hard as anyone because they love the game of football
. Most kids only get four years to play the game they love. Football is probably the most demanding sport to get ready for and to prepare for. Some of those kids probably didn't put in the time that they needed to be at their personal best. I can guarantee that their is a handful who put in the time to reap the rewards but football is the ultimate team sport. It is those kids who that don't deserve to read or hear about the crap the you just wrote.

Highly doubted my friend. If a team busts their butts during the offseason, then my guess is they probably wouldnt get drubbed week after week when it counts. You look at teams like Fargo South, West Fargo, Bismarck, and Century to name a few, actually have kids that "care" enough to go to strenuous workouts during the offseason so they can be ready to take on whatever comes their way. When they stop with the 30-40 point losses is when Ill givem credit. Now my question hasnt been answered on how Mandan can get excited when they know that this loss wont be something theyll even wanna wipe their feet on after they see it first hand. If you cant play with the big dogs, then stay on the porch, plain and simple.
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:50 am

I wouldn't put Century in the same class as WF, FS and BHS and even BHS is a distant third when talking about the Fargo teams. Just 2 short years ago Century was getting their tails handed to them on a 2 or 3 win season. Even the Grand Forks schools have been to the 'ship and won lately. So I'd say the east is pretty dominant with 9 championships to 1 the last decade and 15 of the last 20.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:06 am

Body-by-Budig, I think you need to get some class. Quit putting down teams. It is fine to know that Mandan probably will get beat, however, downgrading players for not working hard enough, not classy, my friend.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby body-by-budig » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:42 am

Deuce wrote:I wouldn't put Century in the same class as WF, FS and BHS and even BHS is a distant third when talking about the Fargo teams. Just 2 short years ago Century was getting their tails handed to them on a 2 or 3 win season. Even the Grand Forks schools have been to the 'ship and won lately. So I'd say the east is pretty dominant with 9 championships to 1 the last decade and 15 of the last 20.

Haha, way to get DEFENSIVE when all I said was "to name a few", which are teams that I thought of off the top of my head that have been solid in the past. But if it makes everyone feel better, I said a few prayers for the Braves last night. The truth hurts sometimes.
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:51 am

I'm not defensive. I just think you were grouping the wrong schools as the "Big Dogs". :lol: and actually the wrong state. ND football is the Chihuahua of the big dog world. We get man handled by other states which is evident by the MonDak bowl.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:01 pm

And by no means am I trying to offend any of the ND kids. There are many fine football players and many fine young men that play the game as a life experience. Its about having perspective. So many of the posters here are living in the microcosm of their highschool years. Just keep in mind that while you may think you're a big dog there's actually someone else looking at you like a milkbone.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby body-by-budig » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Deuce wrote:And by no means am I trying to offend any of the ND kids. There are many fine football players and many fine young men that play the game as a life experience. Its about having perspective. So many of the posters here are living in the microcosm of their highschool years. Just keep in mind that while you may think you're a big dog there's actually someone else looking at you like a milkbone.

Touche. But we're talkin about MANDAN here.
If Im not mistaken, ND has had more players go on to have more success in their college football careers within the last decade than Montana has ever dreamed of. Look at Weston Dressler and Tyler Roehl for instance. They were on the same Mondak Team and got trounced by Montana by about the same amount that this years team lost. Brian McNeal is a year younger and he is now a preseaon All-American at D2 Nebraska Omaha. The list goes on and on, but I wouldnt go so far as to judge ND football on how well a few spattered all stars come to play on that Saturday afternoon in July.
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:17 pm

body-by-budig wrote:
Deuce wrote:And by no means am I trying to offend any of the ND kids. There are many fine football players and many fine young men that play the game as a life experience. Its about having perspective. So many of the posters here are living in the microcosm of their highschool years. Just keep in mind that while you may think you're a big dog there's actually someone else looking at you like a milkbone.

Touche. But we're talkin about MANDAN here.
If Im not mistaken, ND has had more players go on to have more success in their college football careers within the last decade than Montana has ever dreamed of. Look at Weston Dressler and Tyler Roehl for instance. They were on the same Mondak Team and got trounced by Montana by about the same amount that this years team lost. Brian McNeal is a year younger and he is now a preseaon All-American at D2 Nebraska Omaha. The list goes on and on, but I wouldnt go so far as to judge ND football on how well a few spattered all stars come to play on that Saturday afternoon in July.

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. It's pretty naive to think that just because you name 3 players that are pretty good in college that no one from the MT teams that trounced us went on to college. I know absolutely nothing about MT football but in 10 minutes of searching I found 6 players from MT currently in the NFL and I'm sure there's probably more.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Please name for me five guys who have come out of Montana and accomplished success at the D-2 and D-1AA level. I bet you cant name any without looking aorund on the internet. I fully admit that I cant. Montana has muich more talent than North Dakota which is why the state gets killed. Some of those guys are Aaron Pflugrad from Missoula who plays WR at Oregon, Pernnell Booth from Billings who plays DL at Oregon State, Tanyon Booth from Bozeman who plays WR at Boise State, Andy Desin from Billings who is a punter at Wyoming, andChris Sundberg from Columbus (MT) who plays TE at Wyoming. Those are just the guys a could find who all play at a higher level that Roehl at NDSU and doesnt even get into 1AA and D2. Montana football is far better and before Qvale this year who was the last ND guy to go to a big time D1 football program? Darin Erstad as the punter at Nebraska?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby pepsi123 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:52 pm

I think that body by Butt dig makes some very god points. When you work you man off you show results and nowere in the past years i can remember has mandan had a quad that can run with anyone. A homecoming game is normally one that is a garuntee win, so until you can prove that your not that team, dont come on here whinning about how their feelings might get hurt. You need to nut up and take it how it is. Trash talk is apart of football so get used to it. If you wana call someone classless for posting something on emotion you obviously werent much of a player yourself. So body by butt dig i applaud you on your winning attitude and your emotion for the game. bismark 42 mandan 6
pepsi123

Postby Deuce » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:15 pm

pepsi123 wrote:I think that body by Butt dig makes some very god points. When you work you man off you show results and nowere in the past years i can remember has mandan had a quad that can run with anyone. A homecoming game is normally one that is a garuntee win, so until you can prove that your not that team, dont come on here whinning about how their feelings might get hurt. You need to nut up and take it how it is. Trash talk is apart of football so get used to it. If you wana call someone classless for posting something on emotion you obviously werent much of a player yourself. So body by butt dig i applaud you on your winning attitude and your emotion for the game. bismark 42 mandan 6

This is the TO and Ocho Cinco generation. Never once did I say that players shouldn't work hard or dedicate themselves but there's also something to be said for being graceful in victory as well as defeat. This might be something that bismarck kids miss but others don't. After the Edina MN team smoked Fargo South who is probably our most dominant fb program in the state along with WF there was a player from that team that logged on and made a comment. He could have come on here and trash talked, said how ND football stinks etc but he didn't. That my friend garners respect. Because in order to gain respect you must give it.
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Number7 wrote:Please name for me five guys who have come out of Montana and accomplished success at the D-2 and D-1AA level. I bet you cant name any without looking aorund on the internet. I fully admit that I cant. Montana has muich more talent than North Dakota which is why the state gets killed. Some of those guys are Aaron Pflugrad from Missoula who plays WR at Oregon, Pernnell Booth from Billings who plays DL at Oregon State, Tanyon Booth from Bozeman who plays WR at Boise State, Andy Desin from Billings who is a punter at Wyoming, andChris Sundberg from Columbus (MT) who plays TE at Wyoming. Those are just the guys a could find who all play at a higher level that Roehl at NDSU and doesnt even get into 1AA and D2. Montana football is far better and before Qvale this year who was the last ND guy to go to a big time D1 football program? Darin Erstad as the punter at Nebraska?

Eslinger?
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:42 pm

pepsi123 wrote:I think that body by Butt dig makes some very god points. When you work you man off you show results and nowere in the past years i can remember has mandan had a quad that can run with anyone. A homecoming game is normally one that is a garuntee win, so until you can prove that your not that team, dont come on here whinning about how their feelings might get hurt. You need to nut up and take it how it is. Trash talk is apart of football so get used to it. If you wana call someone classless for posting something on emotion you obviously werent much of a player yourself. So body by butt dig i applaud you on your winning attitude and your emotion for the game. bismark 42 mandan 6

The 06 football team was decent. Belohlavek, Kraft, Arneson, Schmidt, Reidenger, Johnson, Hoff, and many others who I just don't remember. I am pretty sure they had a winning record and made play offs.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:09 pm

body-by-budig wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

This in my opinion is one of classless posts I have read on North Dakota Preps and I have read them all. How would you feel if you are one of those kids who work their tail off in the offseason and during practice.
Those kids probably bust their butt just as hard as anyone because they love the game of football
. Most kids only get four years to play the game they love. Football is probably the most demanding sport to get ready for and to prepare for. Some of those kids probably didn't put in the time that they needed to be at their personal best. I can guarantee that their is a handful who put in the time to reap the rewards but football is the ultimate team sport. It is those kids who that don't deserve to read or hear about the crap the you just wrote.

Highly doubted my friend. If a team busts their butts during the offseason, then my guess is they probably wouldnt get drubbed week after week when it counts. You look at teams like Fargo South, West Fargo, Bismarck, and Century to name a few, actually have kids that "care" enough to go to strenuous workouts during the offseason so they can be ready to take on whatever comes their way. When they stop with the 30-40 point losses is when Ill givem credit. Now my question hasnt been answered on how Mandan can get excited when they know that this loss wont be something theyll even wanna wipe their feet on after they see it first hand. If you cant play with the big dogs, then stay on the porch, plain and simple.

I have to agree with bodybybudig.. yeah mandan doesnt have the talent but if they put it some effort in the offseason i think you would be able to tell.. they may think there working hard but they really have no idea what hard work is
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby body-by-budig » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanx 8)
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:33 am

COACHWEST wrote:
Number7 wrote:Please name for me five guys who have come out of Montana and accomplished success at the D-2 and D-1AA level. I bet you cant name any without looking aorund on the internet. I fully admit that I cant. Montana has muich more talent than North Dakota which is why the state gets killed. Some of those guys are Aaron Pflugrad from Missoula who plays WR at Oregon, Pernnell Booth from Billings who plays DL at Oregon State, Tanyon Booth from Bozeman who plays WR at Boise State, Andy Desin from Billings who is a punter at Wyoming, andChris Sundberg from Columbus (MT) who plays TE at Wyoming. Those are just the guys a could find who all play at a higher level that Roehl at NDSU and doesnt even get into 1AA and D2. Montana football is far better and before Qvale this year who was the last ND guy to go to a big time D1 football program? Darin Erstad as the punter at Nebraska?

Eslinger?

Of course... my bad on that one dont know how i missed that. I agree with your points on hard word, but something also needs to be said about talent. I dont know much about Mandan's football team but sometimes no matter how hard you work, you just dont have the talent it takes to win and this could be one of those cases.

But budig im curious to your response to this MT-ND topic you started?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby body-by-budig » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:11 am

Considering the fact that I lived in near Billngs for still the majority of my life, and was extremely involved in MT sports, I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on the subject. When you look at Montana over North Dakota talent wise, honestly there isn't that much of a difference. Granted MT takes ND much of the time, but ND has its days too and you know that. I can think of 2 players from MT off the top of my head that were born and raised in MT, and are now, or had stints in the NFL, and I'm sure there's more. I also know of 2 from ND off the top of my head from ND in Kleinsasser and Eslinger that each get time, although Eslinger was cut from the Texans. My point is, the talent drop off from MT to ND is really nothing extraordinary. But I wasn't the one who brought up the whole MT, ND thing. Deuce was. :?
body-by-budig
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:52 pm

Comparing us to states with almost 10 times the population (MN) or even 320K more (MT) is rather pointless.

Enjoy the competition and cheer on the athletes. I'll always be proud of being from North Dakota and relish the role of the underdog when we play against the others.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to AAA