Qvale's Future

The teams in Class AAA

Qvale's Future

Postby BuckyFootball08 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:33 pm

So according to Scout and Rivals.com Qvale took a 2 week roadtrip that included Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Iowa State. It's reported that he has already received offers from Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Iowa. I suppose you can't count out NDSU or Montana either. I can understand if no one wants to disclose any info, but any WIllistoner's have any info on where he's leaning towards?

If not, Congrats to him. Here's the article...

http://hsnorthdakota.scout.com/a.z?s=405&p=2&c=758619

Profile...

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/vi ... 25&sport=1
BuckyFootball08

Re: Qvale's Future

Postby HeisAlive » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:04 pm

All I got to say is "GO BIG TEN..." The future is bright for Brent
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spiritof76 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:50 pm

Go Brent

I can never understand why people, especially peers, don't "pull" for the players they play with and against over all the years to do well.

I have even heard coaches say "he's not that good, he's slow"...well that maybe explains why these guys are coaching high school football in North Dakota. Obviously Nebraska and Iowa State have seen something in him.

I hope he does well and is the next "big thing" in ND
Spiritof76
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trackbbfan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:30 pm

well said Spirit of 76!
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Qvale commits to Nebraska.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Nodak Guy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:39 pm

tellmeaboutit wrote:Qvale commits to Nebraska.

Congrats to him. Hopefully he can win a title there like Erstad did!
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football guy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:50 pm

Qvale picks Cornhuskers
Brent Qvale said his decision of where to play college football was made as soon as the University of Nebraska made an offer.

“It felt like the perfect school for me,” said Qvale, a senior at Williston High School. “… When that popped up, I was pretty well set.”

On Saturday night, the 6-foot-7, 300-pound offensive tackle verbally committed to play for the Cornhuskers in 2009. Qvale can’t sign his national letter of intent until national signing day, Feb. 4 2009.

Qvale, a two-time Class AAA first team all-state selection, said his decision came down to Nebraska and Wisconsin.

Iowa, North Dakota State and Montana were also in the mix.

Qvale said he felt comfortable with the Nebraska coaching staff, especially associate head coach and offensive line coach Barney Cotton.

“I felt I fit in well down there (at Nebraska) and all the coaches and the program they’ve got set up, I really liked it all,” Qvale said.

He made his official visit to Lincoln, Neb., this week but attended Nebraska’s camp in early June.

Qvale said making a decision before the upcoming football season kicked off was a priority.

“It felt really good to get it over with,” Qvale said. “Now I can focus.”
football guy

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:49 pm

obviously he has the size and strength to play. lets see how he does though, i personally thhink austin richard is better than brent qvale
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 am

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:obviously he has the size and strength to play. lets see how he does though, i personally thhink austin richard is better than brent qvale

qvale has more upside though being that he is 6'7" a lot of times big colleges will go after kids with big time potential not always kids who have a great high school career. i also think richard is in a great place for him the excell at ndsu.. there style of play fits him really well
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:58 am

well if he is not having a great high school career in north dakota, im curious to see how he does in the Big 12 at University of Nebraska
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:04 pm

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:well if he is not having a great high school career in north dakota, im curious to see how he does in the Big 12 at University of Nebraska

Maybe Brent playing with other guys his size will heighten the intensity and help him get better....
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:09 pm

I was talking to one of the assistant coaches for Williston and he pointed out that Qvale runs a forty in the 4.8-4.9 range and has exceptional feet. I wish Brent the best of luck at Nebraska next year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:43 pm

cubsfan wrote:I was talking to one of the assistant coaches for Williston and he pointed out that Qvale runs a forty in the 4.8-4.9 range and has exceptional feet. I wish Brent the best of luck at Nebraska next year.

whatever he needs work with thats what they will help him with what they dont need to do is wait for him to grow, with the right coaching which he will they will be able to put everything together, some ppl are looking at what he is now and the neb coaches are looking at what he will be with some help kinda like a rusty old car that gets remodeled into a new flashy one
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 am

brownbomber wrote:
cubsfan wrote:I was talking to one of the assistant coaches for Williston and he pointed out that Qvale runs a forty in the 4.8-4.9 range and has exceptional feet. I wish Brent the best of luck at Nebraska next year.

whatever he needs work with thats what they will help him with what they dont need to do is wait for him to grow, with the right coaching which he will they will be able to put everything together, some ppl are looking at what he is now and the neb coaches are looking at what he will be with some help kinda like a rusty old car that gets remodeled into a new flashy one

no doubt about it he has tremendious upside .... i cant make someone 6'7" 300+ ... you can teach and make all the other things but when there is someone that big out there someone is going to take a shot at him
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballernation » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:24 pm

congrats to brent, maybe we will see him in the pros one day also
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:37 pm

ballernation wrote:congrats to brent, maybe we will see him in the pros one day also

doubt it
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Biggame » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:12 pm

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:
ballernation wrote:congrats to brent, maybe we will see him in the pros one day also

doubt it

Somebody seems very jealous!
Biggame

Postby Orr4 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:18 pm

doubt it

Do you have something against some from NORTH DAKOTA doing something that doesn't happen very often?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 am

No, its just what i think, i still like seeing north dakota kids do well in big time colleges, but its just what i think, sorry im not making everyone happy with my opinion in these posts but if we wanted to make everyone happy lets all just meet somewhere and sing koom-by-yah around a campfire.
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:18 pm

doubt it

ok, dukebluedevils, since you are so jealous can you tell me why he wont make it in the pros, please enlighten me with your football knowledge. but the only reason i am guessing you are saying he wont is because you probably play against him in football and he probably pushes you up and down the field like a rag doll, but please tell me what is wrong with him that he will not make the pros!!
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:07 pm

sportsking09 wrote:

doubt it

ok, dukebluedevils, since you are so jealous can you tell me why he wont make it in the pros, please enlighten me with your football knowledge. but the only reason i am guessing you are saying he wont is because you probably play against him in football and he probably pushes you up and down the field like a rag doll, but please tell me what is wrong with him that he will not make the pros!!

My two cents. I have been saying I think Qvale will go to a big school and go pro for awhile now, and it seems like no one ever agrees with me. I won't pretend to know a lot about football, but will someone with a lot of knowledge enlighten me on why he will or won't.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:22 pm

balla45 wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:

doubt it

My two cents. I have been saying I think Qvale will go to a big school and go pro for awhile now, and it seems like no one ever agrees with me. I won't pretend to know a lot about football, but will someone with a lot of knowledge enlighten me on why he will or won't.

there is not reason he can't make the pro's... he has the size he will become strong enough and if what people say about his 40 is true he is fast enough.His potential is limitless its just how he goes about himself in college
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:48 pm

He obviously has the size to play in the big 12 and the pros but i just dont think he dominates the high school level enough to make it that big.
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby KyleJRM » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Dominating at the HS level has little to do with success later on. Just like guys who put up big numbers in college don't always turn into great pros.

The big schools, and the NFL, are looking at projectability. A 6'1", 240lb kid with great technique and footwork will dominate at offensive line in high school and have no chance at success later on.

The odds are against any high school kid when thinking about the pros. But when you are already the physical size and speed the pros are looking for, your chances go from "none" to "slim."
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby 14>35 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:37 pm

well put. and since im sure there is a 99% chance of a redshirt...his skills will only improve even more. its not like nebraska is throwing him in fresh out of high school.
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AAA