College Commitments

The teams in Class AAA

College Commitments

Postby FootballCoach » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Just wondering which guys have committed to which colleges. Signing day is not unitl Feburary, but there has to be guys giving verbal commitments.
FootballCoach
NDPreps Reserve

Re: College Commitments

Postby lucky7 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Horner verballed to NDSU. Whistoff, Nichols, Sorenson, McGurran to UND.
lucky7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lucky7 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:45 pm

Vetter to NDSU. The players listed above, with the exception of Horner and McGurran, are either from 9 man, A or AA .
lucky7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:43 pm

mitch haugeberg to und
ndman

Postby NoDakSports » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:31 am

the word on the street is that Lennon will be gone from UND very soon... do you think this will have any affect on any of the recruits?
NoDakSports

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:31 pm

Sigl goes to UND

Bismarck native Jamie Sigl has always dreamed about playing football for the University of North Dakota.

But when Sigl graduated from Bismarck in 2006, he wanted to try something different, so he enrolled at Minnesota-Duluth.

Sigl made his childhood dream a reality when he transferred to UND at semester break.

"UND is a special place to play," said Sigl, a social studies and physical education major. "It's something you can't explain."

Sigl redshirted his freshman season at Duluth. He originally intended on playing wide receiver, but made the switch to free safety.

The 6-foot-1, 190-pounder made eight tackles this past season, with two being for a loss. He also had a fumble recovery.

"If (UND) needs me to play wideout, I'll play it," Sigl said. "If they need me at defense, I'll play there, too."

Sigl wanted to attend UND, despite former coach Dale Lennon resigning recently. The school's athletic director and president's positions are unknown.

"I didn't come here for coach Lennon," Sigl said. "UND has a strong program. They're going to get through it. They are giving me an opportunity to prove myself over next spring."

- Bismarck Tribune
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND Fan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:24 pm

What can anyone tell us UND fans about Sigl? Strengths, weaknesses, speed, etc.?
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:45 pm

is it just me or does this years class for und way below average so far? i think sorenson will be the only recruit to be a future starter for und
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby lucky7 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:11 am

It is just you. UND picked up some great ND talent this year.
lucky7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball18 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:27 pm

GFRR99 wrote:is it just me or does this years class for und way below average so far? i think sorenson will be the only recruit to be a future starter for und

actually und has a pretty good clas thus far. they havent lost any even after Lennon left.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby NoDakSports » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:17 pm

GFRR99 wrote:is it just me or does this years class for und way below average so far? i think sorenson will be the only recruit to be a future starter for und

I think it's quite the opposite... even though UND is beginning a tough transition, they have landed some huge ND talent, plus recently they got a commitment from 6'5" 315lb offensive lineman Ian Rosario from Alaska (he was getting looks from Washington and Washington St.), and a RB Mitch Sutton from Wisconsin who was the Gatorade POY this year
NoDakSports

Postby Number7 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:01 pm

NoDakSports wrote:

I think it's quite the opposite... even though UND is beginning a tough transition, they have landed some huge ND talent, plus recently they got a commitment from 6'5" 315lb offensive lineman Ian Rosario from Alaska (he was getting looks from Washington and Washington St.), and a RB Mitch Sutton from Wisconsin who was the Gatorade POY this year

Sounds like a very strong class for the Fighting Sioux indeed.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:28 am

it's just way to early to tell. Lennons staff recruited well, I'm sure they will continue that way. Alot of it is developing the players you get in the weight room and keeping them around for 5 years.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 pm

NoDakSports wrote:

ian rosario from alaska looks like he has real potential. http://alaskapreps.rivals.com/viewprosp ... _key=63271

the mitch sutton recruit was a big addition for the sioux too. these 2 improved this class significantly.
although im not convinced on the "huge ND talent". i thought all the nd players they recruited were overrated besides sorenson.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby lucky7 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:53 am

Calling the ND recruits overrated is not only ignorant, but mean spirited. I see that your location is Fargo. How many times have you seen Haugeberg (Minot), Whistoff (Glenburn), or Nichols (Dakota Prairie) play? Let's leave the judging of talent up to the UND coaches, their opinion is the only one that counts. Let's support the high school players who are able to play at the next level.
lucky7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:26 pm

lucky7 wrote:Calling the ND recruits overrated is not only ignorant, but mean spirited. I see that your location is Fargo. How many times have you seen Haugeberg (Minot), Whistoff (Glenburn), or Nichols (Dakota Prairie) play? Let's leave the judging of talent up to the UND coaches, their opinion is the only one that counts. Let's support the high school players who are able to play at the next level.

this site is all about opinons. i have mine and you can have yours.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big#75 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Trust me in Rosario UND is getting a Big Strong Kid with a Huge Frame. He is now 6'6" and when his upper body catches up to his lower body will easily be able to handle 320lbs. His high school coach also was Chris Kuper's high school coach. No one in Alaska can handle him and he held his own against D1 talent at Notre Dame and Washington Camps this past summer.
Big#75

Postby sweet danny & lisa » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:36 pm

From CHS Kringstad and Schlosser to Umary, Vanderpan to Northern State, Wentz is still being tossed around from football to baseball.
sweet danny & lisa

Postby ndman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:21 pm

UND did lose one recruit to Minot State as Haugeberg has changed his college choice to Minot State
ndman

Postby Number7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:42 pm

sweet danny & lisa wrote:From CHS Kringstad and Schlosser to Umary, Vanderpan to Northern State, Wentz is still being tossed around from football to baseball.

Northern State should have a very solid freshman class then next year... 1st-team all-state selections Mason Thorstad, West Fargo-DE; Jim Green, Wahpeton-OT; Alex Hooey, Fargo South-LB; and David Jones, Fargo South-LB all commited over the weekend.

The future looks bright after locking up 5 ND all-state recruits, especially since nobody on their roster from last year was from ND.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby truballa4life » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:30 pm

dont understand why a guy would turn down UND for minot state, must be the probation or just wanting to play sooner
ndman wrote:UND did lose one recruit to Minot State as Haugeberg has changed his college choice to Minot State
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02 pm

truballa4life wrote:dont understand why a guy would turn down UND for minot state, must be the probation or just wanting to play sooner
ndman wrote:UND did lose one recruit to Minot State as Haugeberg has changed his college choice to Minot State

my guess is playing time i mean if you can play at home and maybe play your freshmen year why not... i am guessing he would be getting more scholorship money from minot to
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Probation? Why would you say such a stupid comment? Why not go to Minot State and actually play for 3 years rather than another former Minot standout lineman in Zach Keller who is currently going to UND and hasn't even touched the field after redshirting, then being on the practice squad for 2+ years. There were also other reasons involved but that is for Mitch to know and they don't have to be disclosed.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND_9296 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:37 pm

MHSfan wrote:Probation? Why would you say such a stupid comment? Why not go to Minot State and actually play for 3 years rather than another former Minot standout lineman in Zach Keller who is currently going to UND and hasn't even touched the field after redshirting, then being on the practice squad for 2+ years. There were also other reasons involved but that is for Mitch to know and they don't have to be disclosed.

I'm guessing that by "probation," the poster was intending to refer to UND's impending period of playoff ineligibility. :?:
UND_9296

Postby truballa4life » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:09 pm

i would say such a stupid comment because there happen to be some really weird athletes out there that like to play in the playoffs during their 4-5 seasons in college. its a crazy concept to understand.
MHSfan wrote:Probation? Why would you say such a stupid comment? Why not go to Minot State and actually play for 3 years rather than another former Minot standout lineman in Zach Keller who is currently going to UND and hasn't even touched the field after redshirting, then being on the practice squad for 2+ years. There were also other reasons involved but that is for Mitch to know and they don't have to be disclosed.
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AAA