Dressler to the pros?

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Dressler to the pros?

Postby Dr. Sports » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:23 am

Please stop comparing Dressler to made guys like Phil, Bollinger,Kliensasser,Roehl, and Rob Hunt. Their is 0% Chance of him getting drafted and don't compare his puny little body to guys like Welker and Sproles. All he has in common with Welker and Sproles is speed, agility, and height, but not muscle. Dressler can break arm tackles at the D-2 level but not in the NFL where Shawnee Merriman, Patrick Willis, and Demarcus Ware will flat out close line him. I mean that in a horrific way.
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smart source » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Dr. Sports wrote:Please stop comparing Dressler to made guys like Phil, Bollinger,Kliensasser,Roehl, and Rob Hunt. Their is 0% Chance of him getting drafted and don't compare his puny little body to guys like Welker and Sproles. All he has in common with Welker and Sproles is speed, agility, and height, but not muscle. Dressler can break arm tackles at the D-2 level but not in the NFL where Shawnee Merriman, Patrick Willis, and Demarcus Ware will flat out close line him. I mean that in a horrific way.

no strength? im pretty sure he broke kleinsassers lifting records per body weight (power index) at und didnt he?
smart source

Postby Dr. Sports » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:54 pm

smart source wrote:
Dr. Sports wrote:Please stop comparing Dressler to made guys like Phil, Bollinger,Kliensasser,Roehl, and Rob Hunt. Their is 0% Chance of him getting drafted and don't compare his puny little body to guys like Welker and Sproles. All he has in common with Welker and Sproles is speed, agility, and height, but not muscle. Dressler can break arm tackles at the D-2 level but not in the NFL where Shawnee Merriman, Patrick Willis, and Demarcus Ware will flat out close line him. I mean that in a horrific way.

no strength? im pretty sure he broke kleinsassers lifting records per body weight (power index) at und didnt he?

That's what talking about per pound how much did kleinsasser weight 265? Dressler 165? He's gonna get hurt i'm not kidding. You guys keep putting up weird stats. Do you even know what football looks like?
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Riders00 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:06 pm

165 pounds is still 165 pounds no matter how strong he is. There are 230 pound safeties in the NFL that can move almost as fast as he can and when/if they collide with him it will be ugly. I agree with everyone who said CFL, the CFL is perfect for his game and he could have a good career there.
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby truballa4life » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm

they do move as fast as he does. these guys in the nfl are the best athletes in the world, itd be tough to try and put weston dressler in there. and why are you trying to compare the strength/power of jim kleinsasser, nfl fullback and tightend, and dressler. please use some common sense
Riders00 wrote:165 pounds is still 165 pounds no matter how strong he is. There are 230 pound safeties in the NFL that can move almost as fast as he can and when/if they collide with him it will be ugly. I agree with everyone who said CFL, the CFL is perfect for his game and he could have a good career there.
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby thenatural » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:39 pm

165 pounds doesnt cut it? tell that to marvin harrison. tell that to mugsy bogues. tell that to barry sanders. tell that to allen iverson. the point is ,if you havent got it yet, that weight means nothing, it's more about coordination and desire. im pretty sure dressler happens to have both.
thenatural
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Riders00 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Marvin Harrison is 6'0 185
Barry Sanders was 5'8 200
Dressler is 5'8 165
Not really very similar, and the others don't matter since they didn't play football
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 pm

The closest comparison would be Dante Hall, but even he was 185 or better. He also played at Texas A&M and spent a year in NFL Europe, which no longer exists.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Number7 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:09 pm

thenatural wrote:165 pounds doesnt cut it? tell that to marvin harrison. tell that to mugsy bogues. tell that to barry sanders. tell that to allen iverson. the point is ,if you havent got it yet, that weight means nothing, it's more about coordination and desire. im pretty sure dressler happens to have both.

That is an absolutely terrible comparison... somebody else already proved how much heavier sanders and harrison are, plus AI and mugsy bogues did have Shaq or Lebron tackling them into the 13th row after a jump shot. Weston is a phenomenal player, im taking nothing away from him. But NDSportsFan said Dante Hall is 185 thats 20 pounds heavier and he is plenty faster than weston too. Dressler is fast, but most people dont realize how fast the faster in the NFL truely are. Its freakish.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:28 pm

I heard that people told Dressler he couldn't play football at that level. Not only did he prove them wrong, he broke quite a few records along the way. Let's just wait and see what he does at the combines.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:32 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:I heard that people told Dressler he couldn't play football at that level. Not only did he prove them wrong, he broke quite a few records along the way. Let's just wait and see what he does at the combines.

Did he actually get an invite to the NFL combine in Indianapolis?? Or does he have to wait for UND's pro day?? More then likely he didn't get an invite to the NFL Combine, because there is a strong group of wide recievers in this years draft class that would be invited over him. He will most likely work out at the UND's pro day some time in March and then get a chance as an undrafted free agent.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby I'm Me » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:45 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:I heard that people told Dressler he couldn't play football at that level. Not only did he prove them wrong, he broke quite a few records along the way. Let's just wait and see what he does at the combines.

who told him he couldnt play football at a DII level? thats absolutely, totally false. he obviously could since he started as a true freshmen, anyone with a mind knew that. enough about him "breaking quite a few record along the way." we all know he is a good football player. sadly he just doesnt have what it takes to be an NFL!!!! receiver.
I'm Me

Postby truballa4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:07 pm

sorry to break this to u but marvin harrison and barry sanders skill levels compared to weston dresslers is like comparing a allstate senior to a 6th grader, thats what set them apart from weston, size doesnt matter in their cases.
thenatural wrote:165 pounds doesnt cut it? tell that to marvin harrison. tell that to mugsy bogues. tell that to barry sanders. tell that to allen iverson. the point is ,if you havent got it yet, that weight means nothing, it's more about coordination and desire. im pretty sure dressler happens to have both.
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:14 pm

Where else was Dressler actually recruited to play at?? was he recruited by small D-1s or or D-1AA's but chose UND?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dr. Sports » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:53 pm

Maybe one or two people said that. I knew he would do good at the D-2 level and did exceed my expectations a lil bit. The NFL, come on you guys u can't be serious!!! He is not gonna get drafted.
Every website I go to does not even give him an honerable mention and he is nothing like the guys you are comparing him to, so stop it please. :lol:
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:28 am

so nobody can even see him be a special teams player in the NFL
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby truballa4life » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 pm

look at the kick returners on nfl teams, they are all still bigger, stronger, and faster. and add in that 95% of them played at big time D1 schools
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby thenatural » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:11 pm

saying that marvin harrison is 185 is like saying jared lorenzen weighs less than 280 just look at a picture and you know
besides the size matters more in basketball than in football so the examples of small basketball players only further proves the point that weight does not matter
everyone in so enfatuated with stats, what did stats get the patriots this year a loss to a team that got spanked by the vikings. hmm imagne that
thenatural
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dr. Sports » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:41 pm

QUIT making a case for Dressler going to the pros and were talking about size overall not just height. there's a 100 other football players in this nation better than him at any position just because he tore it up at the D-2 level doesn't mean he's going to the nfl. I guarantee you the only talk of dressler to the pros is happening in this chat room, not on ANY NFL TEAM DRAFT BOARD. Besides Marvin Harrison, Darren Sproles, and Welker are the extremes of small size. Hey, if weston can do it then maybe I should go the NFL to. :lol:
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:22 pm

Dr. Sports wrote:QUIT making a case for Dressler going to the pros and were talking about size overall not just height. there's a 100 other football players in this nation better than him at any position just because he tore it up at the D-2 level doesn't mean he's going to the nfl. I guarantee you the only talk of dressler to the pros is happening in this chat room, not on ANY NFL TEAM DRAFT BOARD. Besides Marvin Harrison, Darren Sproles, and Welker are the extremes of small size. Hey, if weston can do it then maybe I should go the NFL to. :lol:

personally i don't think he will ever play in the nfl but you cant rule out the possibilities... i mean he did have a number of nfl scouts at und to watch him during practice so obviously it crossed a couple of teams minds... i know san francisco and tampa bay were 2 teams that sent scouts to grandforks to watch there practice
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby thenatural » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:33 pm

Say, Dr. Sports do you run a 4.4 sec 40? Were you an all american that holds almost every receiving record at UND? I'll answer that for you. No, you don't. He's got the tools. I can remember Jim Kleinsasser as a rookie getting pancaked continuously, now hes one of the best blocking tight ends in the league.
thenatural
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smart source » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:13 pm

didnt jerry rice come form a d-2 school? or was is a small d-1...well anyways he turned out pretty good
smart source

Postby Stormtrooper » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:11 pm

smart source wrote:didnt jerry rice come form a d-2 school? or was is a small d-1...well anyways he turned out pretty good

small d1, but Jon Kitna came from an NAIA school- Central Washington, and Patrick Crayton, also NAIA dude came from Northwestern Okalhoma State.
Rice came out of Mississippi Valley State, Terrell Owens out of U-Tennessee Chattanooga to name a few
Stormtrooper

Postby Number7 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:48 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
smart source wrote:didnt jerry rice come form a d-2 school? or was is a small d-1...well anyways he turned out pretty good

small d1, but Jon Kitna came from an NAIA school- Central Washington, and Patrick Crayton, also NAIA dude came from Northwestern Okalhoma State.
Rice came out of Mississippi Valley State, Terrell Owens out of U-Tennessee Chattanooga to name a few

Im pretty sure Central Washington is D-2. they played the last few seasons in the NCC with the Sioux, Uni. of SD, Minn-Duluth, MSU-Mankato, etc
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Dressler is listed as the 75 WR on a couple of draft sites.
He is listed as between teh 95 and 100th small school athlete.
Danny Woodhead of Chadron is between 80-85.

Also central Washington played for the NAIA championship the year Kitna was a senior.
They moved up a few years after he graduated.
Mary played them in the play-offs out in Washington and got thumped, 97' was the year I think maybe 98.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AAA