top recivers and tigh ends in state?

The teams in Class AAA

top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby slapshotpro07-08yea » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:02 pm

who are some of the top recivers and tight ends in the state?
slapshotpro07-08yea
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby ndman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:02 am

Dan Pfau from Minot High is the best tight end by far
ndman
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby Number7 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Schlosser from Century is the top wideout
"Pressure makes diamonds"
User avatar
Number7
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby slapshotpro07-08yea » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:49 pm

Number7 wrote:Schlosser from Century is the top wideout

yea but i dont think that schloser would be much if he hadnt had wentz as a qb.
slapshotpro07-08yea
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby walter » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:53 pm

You could make the argument that Wentz wouldn't have been as good of a quarterback if he didn't have such an excellent group of receivers. For those that saw the Pats play this year, you would have seen plenty of badly thrown balls that were caught. Wentz had some great passes, but he also got bailed out plenty of times by his receivers. Without Schlosser, Bietz, Effertz, Vanderpan, Wiseman, Jacobs, and Jangula making catches and giving him options, his stats wouldn't have been so impressive. I'm not saying that he isn't a good quarterback, because he is - he just wouldn't have looked nearly as good if he didn't have such a talented group of receivers.
walter
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:58 pm

chicken or egg

good QB or good WR

Dropped passes that is how you determine who is the real deal. Century had very few. And Wentz had very few uncatchable balls. Both good.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 am

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby walter » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:41 am

Wild Wolves wrote:chicken or egg

good QB or good WR

Dropped passes that is how you determine who is the real deal. Century had very few. And Wentz had very few uncatchable balls. Both good.


While I agree with you with regards to ability, I do have to disagree about the dropped passes as a measuring stick for QB/WR quality. Also, I am not sure if you are just guessing about the dropped or uncatchable ball stats you are claiming. Through the first seven games of the season (the only box scores I could find) Wentz was 92 for 173 passing with 3 picks. That leaves 78 balls that were either dropped or uncatchable. Thats 45%. Based on my strictly unscientific observation watching the games, it seems that more balls were uncatchable than were dropped, but thats just my opinion.

Again, I think that Wentz and his receivers had great seasons and are skilled athletes and I am not trying to downplay that. However, I think that statements like this:

slapshotpro07-08yea wrote:yea but i dont think that schloser would be much if he hadnt had wentz as a qb.


are ridiculous.
walter
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby slapshotpro07-08yea » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:25 pm

I agree with you but does schloser have what it takes to play on a good college football team d-1,or d-2?
slapshotpro07-08yea
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby DWeigs » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Chad Kreitinger is the second best receiver in the state.
DWeigs
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby Minot Stunna » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:47 am

You cant argue against Schlosser, good routes and nice hands. But honestly, Wentz made that team. Dude tosses laser beams all over the turf, one of the better QB's to play in awhile. I would also love to throw to Pfau, he can catch and run well for a big dude. And if you didn't see him play, he completely destroys kids after the catch.
User avatar
Minot Stunna
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:03 am

walter wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:chicken or egg

good QB or good WR

Dropped passes that is how you determine who is the real deal. Century had very few. And Wentz had very few uncatchable balls. Both good.


While I agree with you with regards to ability, I do have to disagree about the dropped passes as a measuring stick for QB/WR quality. Also, I am not sure if you are just guessing about the dropped or uncatchable ball stats you are claiming. Through the first seven games of the season (the only box scores I could find) Wentz was 92 for 173 passing with 3 picks. That leaves 78 balls that were either dropped or uncatchable. Thats 45%. Based on my strictly unscientific observation watching the games, it seems that more balls were uncatchable than were dropped, but thats just my opinion.

Again, I think that Wentz and his receivers had great seasons and are skilled athletes and I am not trying to downplay that. However, I think that statements like this:

slapshotpro07-08yea wrote:yea but i dont think that schloser would be much if he hadnt had wentz as a qb.


are ridiculous.


45 % weren't caughtwould be correct, but that doesn't account for defensive play. and balls intentionally thrown away,
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 am

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby #50mandan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:57 pm

slapshotpro07-08yea wrote:I agree with you but does schloser have what it takes to play on a good college football team d-1,or d-2?

I dont know with his size but i could see schlosser playing at u-mary but not ndsu or und but then again i could be wrong
ill do it
User avatar
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:26 pm

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby squeak63 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:39 pm

one guy who got no love at tight end was kolby nordstrom.... had a couple of nice catches towards the end of the season( nothing really signifigant tho) but he was a very good blocker on the outside with kickouts and down blocking and such
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
User avatar
squeak63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Bismarck, ,

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby Number7 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:17 pm

sqeak63 wrote:one guy who got no love at tight end was kolby nordstrom.... had a couple of nice catches towards the end of the season( nothing really signifigant tho) but he was a very good blocker on the outside with kickouts and down blocking and such

Who does he play for?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
User avatar
Number7
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby squeak63 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:04 am

Number7 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:one guy who got no love at tight end was kolby nordstrom.... had a couple of nice catches towards the end of the season( nothing really signifigant tho) but he was a very good blocker on the outside with kickouts and down blocking and such

Who does he play for?

started 2 years at bismarck high
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
User avatar
squeak63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Bismarck, ,

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby Stormtrooper » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Minot Stunna wrote:You cant argue against Schlosser, good routes and nice hands. But honestly, Wentz made that team. Dude tosses laser beams all over the turf, one of the better QB's to play in awhile. I would also love to throw to Pfau, he can catch and run well for a big dude. And if you didn't see him play, he completely destroys kids after the catch.

Half the time schloss didnt even know what route to run, true story. wentz or another receiver would have to tell him the route
Stormtrooper
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby MHSfan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:37 am

Minot Stunna wrote:You cant argue against Schlosser, good routes and nice hands. But honestly, Wentz made that team. Dude tosses laser beams all over the turf, one of the better QB's to play in awhile. I would also love to throw to Pfau, he can catch and run well for a big dude. And if you didn't see him play, he completely destroys kids after the catch.


i agree Dan Pfau was by far the best tight end. If it wasn't for the neck injury he got his sophmore year, he would be getting some looks from a lot of nice colleges. He basically had to take off his junior year to heal up and that hurt his recruiting chances I believe.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
User avatar
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Minot, , USA

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby whocares? » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:54 pm

You can't forget that Wentz put up his great numbers without a running game. The opposing defenses could count on CHS passing all day almost. I am sure Zachary would have done just fine if his WR core was not as good as it was this year.
whocares?
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby MHSfan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:30 pm

whocares? wrote:You can't forget that Wentz put up his great numbers without a running game. The opposing defenses could count on CHS passing all day almost. I am sure Zachary would have done just fine if his WR core was not as good as it was this year.



So what are you saying? Without some circus catches that were brought down this season to bail him out, he won't have been as good without his recievers.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
User avatar
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Minot, , USA

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby Stormtrooper » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:57 pm

MHSfan wrote:
whocares? wrote:You can't forget that Wentz put up his great numbers without a running game. The opposing defenses could count on CHS passing all day almost. I am sure Zachary would have done just fine if his WR core was not as good as it was this year.



So what are you saying? Without some circus catches that were brought down this season to bail him out, he won't have been as good without his recievers.


Here is what youre basically saying. without randy moss to pull down some of the illest catches ever made, tom brady is just your average quarterback. without reggie wayne, peyton manning is just some average quarterback. i could do this all day.
I think not.
Stormtrooper
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby truballa4life » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:05 pm

how many circus catches did you see this year for century?
MHSfan wrote:
whocares? wrote:You can't forget that Wentz put up his great numbers without a running game. The opposing defenses could count on CHS passing all day almost. I am sure Zachary would have done just fine if his WR core was not as good as it was this year.



So what are you saying? Without some circus catches that were brought down this season to bail him out, he won't have been as good without his recievers.
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:29 am

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby sweet danny & lisa » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:36 pm

could we quit talking about "Circus Catches" please?
sweet danny & lisa
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby MHSfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 am

No, thats not even close to what i meant. Wentz is a great quarterback and he deserved his all state award but his recievers bailed him out a couple times on third down with some great catches when they played in Minot. You Century guys are always looking to say something negaive when it comes to alittle opinion.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
User avatar
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Minot, , USA

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby Stormtrooper » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 pm

MHSfan wrote:No, thats not even close to what i meant. Wentz is a great quarterback and he deserved his all state award but his recievers bailed him out a couple times on third down with some great catches when they played in Minot. You Century guys are always looking to say something negaive when it comes to alittle opinion.


were they not supposed to make those catches or what? he puts the ball where it can be caught and his receiver caught. he didnt have much time to throw in that game u know.
Stormtrooper
 

Re: top recivers and tigh ends in state?

Postby riders » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:26 am

DHS had steffan and bogner for got-to guys this year..both made some very nice plays.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am


Return to AAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest