All- State

The teams in Class AAA

All- State

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:31 am

From the Bismarck Tribune

First team

Offense

Line: Jim Green, 6-4, 230, sr., Wahpeton; Ian McGurran, 6-5, 260, sr., Fargo North; Jerome Hoffman, 5-8, 235, sr., Bismarck; Mitch Haugeberg, 6-3, 293, sr., Minot; and Mason Thorstad, 6-0, 200, sr., West Fargo.

Tight end: Dan Pfau, 6-0, 205, sr., Minot;

Wide receiver: Nate Schlosser, 5-11, 180, sr., Century.

Running back: Josh Horner, 5-9, 180, sr., Fargo South; Jared Gowan, 6-0, 195, sr., G.F. Central; Dane Towery, 5-9, 162, sr., Minot.

Quarterback: Zach Wentz, 6-2, 205, sr., Century.

At-large:Zac Elgie, 6-2, 195, sr., Minot(QB); Jeremy Braun,6-1, 185, sr., Wahpeton (RB); Mike Ingemansen, 5-11, 210, sr., Bismarck (RB).

Defense

Line: Robert Regan, 6-2, 216, sr., Jamestown; Ben Kringstad, 6-3, 240, sr., Century.

Linebacker: Alex Hooey, 6-1, 210, sr., Fargo South; Matt Dockter, 6-2, 200, sr., Fargo South; David Jones, 6-0, 220, sr., Fargo South; Brandon Jemison, 6-1, 190, jr., Fargo South; Jeff Van Rees, 5-8, 180, sr., Minot; Steven Hay, 6-1, 170, sr., West Fargo.

Secondary: Andrew Richter, 5-11, 175, sr., St. Mary's; Tyler Johnson, 5-9, 160, sr., Bismarck; Tony Gross, 6-1, 195, sr., Fargo South.

Second team

Offense

Century: Dane Vanderpan and Andrew Munson.

Dickinson:Tyler Steffan.

Jamestown:Zec Tahran, Nate Bivens and Ross Hogan.

Minot:Kalvin Larson and Brandon Goetz.

Fargo North:J.D. McDougall.

Fargo South: Adam Erickson.

G.F.Central:Chad Kreitinger.

West Fargo:Tanner Farkas and Kyler Eid.

Defense

Bismarck:John Baumgartner, Brett Farstveet.

Century:Derek Wiseman and Tyler Fleckenstein.

Dickinson:Preston Leiss.

Williston:Colby Rehak and Brent Qvale.

G.F.Central:Jake Kennedy.

G.F.Red River:Charlie Miller.

Wahpeton:Justin Pratt and Shane Ringdahl.

West Fargo:Tyler Hewson and Kirby Keller.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: All- State

Postby truballa4life » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:13 pm

cant really say anything that i would definately change, only having one wide out on the 1st team is a little different
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby whocares? » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:31 am

what i wanna know is how zach elgie got the wda senior athlete of the year over zach wentz. wentz had almost 1,000 more passing yards. wentz had a much better year.

How is jon hausauer left off all state and all wda? he led the wda in rushing.
whocares?

Postby pepsi123 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:36 am

whocares? wrote:what i wanna know is how zach elgie got the wda senior athlete of the year over zach wentz. wentz had almost 1,000 more passing yards. wentz had a much better year.

How is jon hausauer left off all state and all wda? he led the wda in rushing.

I agree. I said a long time ago that elgie was very over rated. wentz was twice the football player elgie was and defanatly got robbed out of wda senior athlete of the year. but the real question is did it even matter? was anybody going to beat horner? i doubt it but for the record wentz is much better.
pepsi123

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:43 am

Wentz is a better QB but Elgie is a better FB player. AC at four positions = SOY
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:11 am

Wild Wolves wrote:Wentz is a better QB but Elgie is a better FB player. AC at four positions = SOY

Dude kicker??? position spare me if you have 1 leg you can kick.

during dryland last year we had about 5 guys that never played soccer or football that were routeinly kicking 35 yard field goals.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:11 am

I am very happy for all the guys you had kicking 35 yarders. Did any of them do it during a game? There is a huge difference. Special teams is a third of FB, kicker and punter are very important positions. Field position in evenly matched games can be the difference.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby smsaints » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:46 pm

I thought that zach risenaur from St. Mary's deserved all region. Yes i am biased becuase i go there, but he had the most feild goals in the region. Plus he only used a one inch tee when elgie used a 2 inch "easier to kick off of" And he only missed one pat all year "holders fault". Plus he will be going to college for kicking. He has had D1 schools look at him. He made a 50 yarder at the NDSU Camp and was invited to a national scholarship camp from NDSU as one of the few juniors invited through out the whole nation.
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:25 am

Wild Wolves wrote:I am very happy for all the guys you had kicking 35 yarders. Did any of them do it during a game? There is a huge difference. Special teams is a third of FB, kicker and punter are very important positions. Field position in evenly matched games can be the difference.

i am sorry dude but kicker to start the game and 2nd half and after tds dont mean crap look at souths kicker and they dominated it seems like every kicker in the state made xps its their job did he go above and beyond probly not if you want to say he did so good at kicker compare him to bhs's kicker and than we will talk
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:05 am

Fargo south kicked off frequently and the average start for oppenents after KO was within the 35. That means teams have to go 65 yds to score. Against South that is huge.

Now take a team that is less dominant but still good, like Minot. When they force you to drive basically the length of the field it puts offenses in a bind. It also creates good field postion the Minot offense.

A bad team who gives the ball up at the 45+ gives a short field and also puts the O in coming out situation. Generally not comfortable for a poor team to start.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:33 am

Wild Wolves wrote:Fargo south kicked off frequently and the average start for oppenents after KO was within the 35. That means teams have to go 65 yds to score. Against South that is huge.

Now take a team that is less dominant but still good, like Minot. When they force you to drive basically the length of the field it puts offenses in a bind. It also creates good field postion the Minot offense.

A bad team who gives the ball up at the 45+ gives a short field and also puts the O in coming out situation. Generally not comfortable for a poor team to start.

good points. last i check special teams was 1/3 of the game.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:01 am

Yes well when you have the best qb in the state (Wentz) kicking is kind of a non existant factor
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:17 pm

Alright Sauce, we get the best QB thing.

But in century's case they may not have had a great kicker but they had a great return guy. Take away Schlossers' return yards and TD's on returns. Just take the ball at the 20. I don't care how good your QB is marching 80 yards for a score every possesion doesn't happen.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:59 am

ok ok...i want to say take away horner from south and they cant do crap but that is deffinatly not the case
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dr. Sports » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:43 pm

Does N E 1 know the All EDC team selections?
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stormtrooper » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:Wentz is a better QB but Elgie is a better FB player. AC at four positions = SOY

No way. Better football player? ive personally seen elgie shy away from contact at his free saftey position. wentz would get in there at middle linebacker and shut drives down when chs need a stop. Elgie the better football player? Please know a little about the subject before posting thank u.
Stormtrooper

Postby smart source » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:30 pm

No the only thing Wentz did better than elgie was throw the football...elgie was a better runner, he kicked, he punted, guarentee he forced more turnovers, he had a couple field goal blocks, and how can you say wentz would be better defensivly wasnt elgie all state fs twice when wentz wasnt all state defense at anyhting
smart source

Postby truballa4life » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:13 am

maybe u didnt watch century play this season but wentz was quite succesful running the football. He was the best linebacker on their team, far none, but with wentz's knee, and just the pure fact that he played QB, arguably the most important position on the field, wingenbach didnt want him playing both ways all game long. zach was only in on important 3rd downs, figure that one out. as for kicking he use to punt/kick but the whole tearing the acl thing in his kicking leg kind of ruled that out
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_99 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:11 pm

They were both really good players, but Elgie had the better overall high school football career. Elgie played three successful seasons at Minot. Wentz came back from his knee injury and was the best quarterback in the state his senior year (and played hard-nosed defense). Elgie was the WDA senior athlete of the year because he was a Quarterback/Safety/Kicker/Punter for three years.
sapp_99

Postby truballa4life » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:00 pm

player of the year however is singular, it should be for the best player THAT season, Wentz was the best QB in the state, and there is noone on here that can argue that, look at the numbers. just because Elgie started the two years before that, as did Wentz, it shouldnt even be taken into account. and if the case is that u need to play at multiple positions the entire game, we might as well take horners player of the year away from him because apart from being the best tailback in the state, he didnt play defense or kick for the bruins, and he didnt start last season either
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:05 pm

truballa4life wrote:player of the year however is singular, it should be for the best player THAT season, Wentz was the best QB in the state, and there is noone on here that can argue that, look at the numbers. just because Elgie started the two years before that, as did Wentz, it shouldnt even be taken into account. and if the case is that u need to play at multiple positions the entire game, we might as well take horners player of the year away from him because apart from being the best tailback in the state, he didnt play defense or kick for the bruins, and he didnt start last season either

but he was probably one of if not the best kick returners in the state and he did basically start last year to i dont know if he was officially a starter but he got probably 1/4 to 1/3 of the carries that year with solum getting the majority
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby truballa4life » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:44 am

solum was their starting halfback, horner was his backup. its hard to find a good high school football team that runs primarily with one back, so of course with horners skill he was gonna get carries, but solem was arguably the best football player on that team, and the starting positions was his. i said what i said to make a point. there was talk wentz was going to move to safety this year, easier on the body than MLB, but dane vanderpan(1st team allstate football player) did just fine there, obviously minot had to play elgie there, so because zach didnt start on defense or kick for century, it shouldnt matter. He dominated at his position, the most important position on the field.
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:55 pm

truballa4life wrote:solum was their starting halfback, horner was his backup. its hard to find a good high school football team that runs primarily with one back, so of course with horners skill he was gonna get carries, but solem was arguably the best football player on that team, and the starting positions was his. i said what i said to make a point. there was talk wentz was going to move to safety this year, easier on the body than MLB, but dane vanderpan(1st team allstate football player) did just fine there, obviously minot had to play elgie there, so because zach didnt start on defense or kick for century, it shouldnt matter. He dominated at his position, the most important position on the field.

very good point i see what you are trying to say now
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Return to AAA