Class AAA Championship Game - November 10th

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Class AAA Championship Game - November 10th

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:57 pm

yeah ok. but come championship time they do know how it plays and they other team doesn't and don't say again that bismarck plays on turf becuase since one is inside and one's oustide they do play differently. If souths bleachers are too small the should build more, that cost way less over time then having to paying rent to play in the dome.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:13 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:yeah ok. but come championship time they do know how it plays and they other team doesn't and don't say again that bismarck plays on turf becuase since one is inside and one's oustide they do play differently. If souths bleachers are too small the should build more, that cost way less over time then having to paying rent to play in the dome.

i agree, they should build more - that fiasco has been in the works for years now. for some reason, the powers in the fargo public schools offices dont want to finish the job there. gotta save for the new $50 million unneccessary high school i guess!! i'm not saying south doesn't have an advantage this year but its not because they were trying to do it that way - north, wf, shanley would all have the same advantage - its no different in basketball if century plays bismarck at the civic and thats where the state tourney is.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby carramrod02 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:53 pm

all i no is that if south wins its not cause they are good its cause they are bad and have to be babies and play in the dome lol MARKWALD23 is very right..smart man
carramrod02

Postby Number7 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:54 pm

There is one main reason the games are inside = Money

More fans will come to the dome to watch the game in a nice cozy environment than 30 degrees and snowy outside. The dedicated ones will always be there but they make all the money off everybody grandmas and grandpas drivin from everywhere to come watch instead of watching it on NBC. Which is the other reason, the AA and AAA games are back-to-back for television and they need the common venue for televising purposes. Thats why it will also be places like the Fargodome and Alerus Center.

More fans = More tickets = More $
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:07 pm

i never said the championship game should be outside.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:08 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:i never said the championship game should be outside.

lets get this all straitened out.... its not an advantage to either team... bismarck high is practicing at the golf dome all week so they are going to know how the turf plays. what i hate about this is either way whoever wins someone is going to try to put on anserisk (sp?) beside it.... just let the teams go out and play
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:47 pm

I agree that the east teams do have an advantage in the Championship games. Less travel sleeping in their own beds, eating a routine diet v. fast food. The turf, no a factor. And if it was comparing the golf dome to the Fago Dome is like comparing apples and grapples, they look the same but they are very different.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Football4ever » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:41 am

carramrod02 wrote:all i no is that if south wins its not cause they are good its cause they are bad and have to be babies and play in the dome lol MARKWALD23 is very right..smart man

that has got to be the most ignorant comment i've ever heard. if they win its not because the're good??? right... 23 games straight is a fluke... they have every advantage in the book.

and also...bismarck doesn't know what its like to play on turf in a WARM environment. thats what some of you are saying right??? i didn't know it was below freezing in bismarck the entire football season.
Football4ever

Postby carramrod02 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:08 am

i was being sarcastic buddy
carramrod02

Postby Baller » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:10 am

Wild Wolves wrote:I agree that the east teams do have an advantage in the Championship games. Less travel sleeping in their own beds, eating a routine diet v. fast food. The turf, no a factor. And if it was comparing the golf dome to the Fago Dome is like comparing apples and grapples, they look the same but they are very different.

I agree...It is an advantage, but until the west has a dome....that is the way it is so they are going to have to deal rather than whine.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HeisAlive » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:38 am

What we need on the west side is a "Dome" ourselves. Either in Bismarck or Minot could handle the amount of people that will come to town for the event. I believe this will level the field of play for everyone. We on the west side just need to put our money where our mouths are, and give up a few duckies for the dome.
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MHSfan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:34 am

HeisAlive wrote:What we need on the west side is a "Dome" ourselves. Either in Bismarck or Minot could handle the amount of people that will come to town for the event. I believe this will level the field of play for everyone. We on the west side just need to put our money where our mouths are, and give up a few duckies for the dome.

A few duckies for the dome? Anyways Minot is trying to put up a community bowl, and the plans had a retracable bubble for the roof, but Minot is too cheap to ever build something like that and I don't see it coming to Minot.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:38 am

We generally don't need a Dome. The first snow today and it is still great FB weather. If the Vikings can move back outside i think ND is ready to move the games outside at least every third year.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:34 pm

carramrod02 wrote:all i no is that if south wins its not cause they are good its cause they are bad and have to be babies and play in the dome lol MARKWALD23 is very right..smart man

hahahahaha...you are right about the south being babies part, and yes there is a distinct unfair advantage over playing some games inside on turf over outside but that is irrelevent, and chs would have still passes all over your guys butts outside just like they did ALL year outside so there is no argument there. i am excited to watch this game though good luck to both teams

scince no one wants bhs to win i will take the underdog 35-32 via 3 south missed pats.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Football4ever » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:52 pm

roesler has only missed one or two kicks all year....out of a lot
Football4ever

Postby squeak63 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:17 pm

bismarck demons right now are on a role....i no they just brought in a new o lineman last week and hes lookin pretty good. but the real story is their defense their run game is on fire right now and south isnt a passin team i hear and tyler johnson bhs freee safety may not have shown it but he be ready oplay on saturday, so if south decides to pass tj will be on his game.
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:01 pm

The west will never get a dome until Minot St. or the University of Mary go big time. They are both NAIA or brand new D-II schools, while UND and NDSU were D-II powers when they got their domes. That and all of the booster support from alumni is a big reason plus probably a larger metro population is the main reason they build the dome and alerus.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby DWeigs » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:53 pm

Number7 wrote:The west will never get a dome until Minot St. or the University of Mary go big time. They are both NAIA or brand new D-II schools, while UND and NDSU were D-II powers when they got their domes. That and all of the booster support from alumni is a big reason plus probably a larger metro population is the main reason they build the dome and alerus.

I am not posotive but the Alerus Center and the Fargodome are both owned by the citys of Grand Forks and Fargo. Both the Bison and the Sioux rent the facilitys from the citys. In order for Bismarck or Minot to get a dome it would have to be provided by either one of the citys. The colleges really doesnt have a lot to do with it because they wouldnt be able to fund a dome like the Alerus Center or the Fargodome by themselves anyways. It would mean a team effort by a cooperating city (85% control over if the dome goes up) and the college(15% control over if the dome goes up).
DWeigs

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:12 pm

Either way, I find the shameless babbling about South being 'babies' because they are playing at the Dome pretty immature. No matter what sport you play, or no matter how you set it up, someone is going to have a slight home field advantage. With some of the top-notch facilities in North Dakota, I would rather be playing in them than outside in some crappy beat up field at 30 degrees worrying that I'm going to get snowed on. It's the same complaints every year with Hockey too, that the tournement is played in Grand Forks at the Engelstad. Yes, it is a slight (and by that I mean VERY slight) advantage to one of the teams, but the experience is worth more than that slight advantage.
The better team will come out with the win, whether it is BHS or FS, the better team WILL win. Stop being babies yourselves, and crying about the 'home field advantage'. Btw, did I mention the better team WILL win? /End Rant
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Football4ever wrote:roesler has only missed one or two kicks all year....out of a lot

didnt he miss 2 or 3 aginst CHS in the semis???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:16 am

Saucesauer wrote:
Football4ever wrote:roesler has only missed one or two kicks all year....out of a lot

didnt he miss 2 or 3 aginst CHS in the semis???

yeah the game was 19-19 at half time so that 2 missed... i dont know if that were his only 2 all year tho
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:09 am

Last time I checked he was 31 for 33, so if he was 2/4 at the Century game (estimate) he'd be at 33/37
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby champs0607 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:30 am

I'll take bismarck high in this one. they've been playin good ball lately.

bismarck high-28
fargo south-22
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:19 pm

DWeigs wrote:
Number7 wrote:The west will never get a dome until Minot St. or the University of Mary go big time. They are both NAIA or brand new D-II schools, while UND and NDSU were D-II powers when they got their domes. That and all of the booster support from alumni is a big reason plus probably a larger metro population is the main reason they build the dome and alerus.

I am not posotive but the Alerus Center and the Fargodome are both owned by the citys of Grand Forks and Fargo. Both the Bison and the Sioux rent the facilitys from the citys. In order for Bismarck or Minot to get a dome it would have to be provided by either one of the citys. The colleges really doesnt have a lot to do with it because they wouldnt be able to fund a dome like the Alerus Center or the Fargodome by themselves anyways. It would mean a team effort by a cooperating city (85% control over if the dome goes up) and the college(15% control over if the dome goes up).

If UND and NDSU didnt have upper echelon college football teams to play there, there wouldnt be a dome in either city just a large civic center to be used by the cities (exhibit A-Bismarck). They are city owned but the colleges playing there have alot to do with it.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:24 pm

Exactly, why have an Alerus or a Dome if there's not going to be a large fan base and a team that will repeatedly use it?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AAA