Postby Baller » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:11 pm

carramrod02 wrote:nice try on what?

Felch does not even compare with Gross
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Class AAA Championship Game - November 10th

Postby Football4ever » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:21 pm

tony gross is a two year starter at safety for a reason. if felch was better than him he would have been playing last year right? felch is too short and doesn't hit nearly as hard as tony. He leaves it all out on the field. either way, south's D is stacked. they have Hooey and Jones returning at LB too. Those guys are a couple of class act players. Incredible size, strength, and speed.
Football4ever

Postby carramrod02 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:31 pm

i dont think tony even knows hes playing football when hes on the field so idk what you guys are talking about...he just runs around
carramrod02

Postby Football4ever » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:44 pm

carramrod02 wrote:i dont think tony even knows hes playing football when hes on the field so idk what you guys are talking about...he just runs around

thats just a dumb thing to say. You can't play FS on South's team and just run around. He's the leader of the DB's and calls all the check coverages.
Football4ever

Postby MARKWALD23 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:45 pm

Why doesn't South play their playoff games outside?
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:22 pm

Prolly something to do with it's freaking cold, and the Dome is much more Fan-Friendly. I'm sure playing on turf is a huge change for almost all the players though.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Football4ever » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:38 am

they usually do...last year they played the quarterfinal against williston at south outside, but if they can get the dome to play in, its just easier and nicer to play inside
Football4ever

Postby mc696 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:45 am

If a team has the opportunity to get used to a playoff environment I would definately say do it, in addition as stated very fan friendly.

BHS I believe has avoided turnovers in both playoff games, a late punt block at central but in a time that didn't matter. If that continues they can stay in the game. They have played with a strong defense all year and as explosive as south is they really do not have a stong passing game at this time. BHS matches up fairly well I think against the run.

Still believe South will come out on top but doubt unless nerves hits BHS hard will be a good game.
mc696

Postby und52 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:12 am

century passed all over south's secondary
south's offense had trouble passing against shanley
south has to rely on the run and run stopping
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Football4ever » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:54 am

bismarck doesn't have the passing game century did

and souths offense had a load of trouble against shanley...i mean only 56 points? c'mon
Football4ever

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Pretty much all the other games were outside so don't say it's too cold to play outside. I heard they play 4-5 times including the playoffs inside the dome, i think that's a unfair advantage come playoff time. I'm also going to say this regarding my last sentance, their playoff FAKES, yes i just said that.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carramrod02 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:06 pm

unfair to who? they are both playing on the same thing, does it even matter souths gonna win either way, they should just ff and save them self the gas so we can just party and start earlier than 930
carramrod02

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:42 pm

When you play in the dome 2-3 times before the playoffs you know, the team already knows how it's going to play and whatnot and i really do think south knows if they played century outside in the cold they would have lost. Bunch of fakes if you tell me.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Football4ever » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:47 pm

first off...bismarck plays all their home games at the community bowl, which is just as fast as the dome turf.
second...in both 2004 and 2005, south played century OUTSIDE at fargo south in the quarterfinals and crushed them both times. south would have done it again this year. trust me, century was glad to lose all nice and warm in the dome instead of cold and beaten up outside. :)
Football4ever

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:54 pm

yeah it's the same turf but bismarck plays outside in the cold. I hope bismarck high stomps all over those fakes.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:39 pm

You don't know that south would have won becuase they haven't played outside in the cold.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fballfan45 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:55 pm

Irrelevant. Wouldn't matter where the game was played. Fargo South would have won and they will win again Saturday.
fballfan45
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:42 pm

Doesn't South practice outside? Pretty sure they'd be just fine outside.
The true reason that it's inside would be fan-friendly sporting events imo. The fan turnout would be 1/2 of what it will/should be if it were outside in the 30 degree weather instead of in a nice heated building. The area the game is played in will not change the outcome.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby carramrod02 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:57 pm

Football4ever ur absolutely right, south is scared of bismarck thats why we are playing in the dome becasue your guys will easily win if we dont. lol
carramrod02

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:08 pm

carramrod02 wrote:Football4ever ur absolutely right, south is scared of bismarck thats why we are playing in the dome becasue your guys will easily win if we dont. lol

Wait, I think you misinterpretted his post if you've named the right guy. Pretty sure Football4ever was supporting that South isn't just doing it because they're scared, more of just convenience of the players/fans. I myself don't want to stand in 30 degrees and snow, and I'm sure the players don't want to play with frozen hands. Football4ever's post:
Football4ever wrote:first off...bismarck plays all their home games at the community bowl, which is just as fast as the dome turf.
second...in both 2004 and 2005, south played century OUTSIDE at fargo south in the quarterfinals and crushed them both times. south would have done it again this year. trust me, century was glad to lose all nice and warm in the dome instead of cold and beaten up outside. :)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:41 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:When you play in the dome 2-3 times before the playoffs you know, the team already knows how it's going to play and whatnot and i really do think south knows if they played century outside in the cold they would have lost. Bunch of fakes if you tell me.

Yeah, the Bruins are definitely fakes, I mean, they've obviously faked their way to 3 total losses in the past 4 seasons, how fakey can you get?! Has nothing to do with their coaching staff, dedicated athletes, school pride, amazing weight/training program, etc. Its all smoke and mirrors. Ask every kid who's had to tackle josh horner this year and ended up on his backside how "fake" South is.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:07 pm

So you say that if south played outside no one would be there shut up. If only south had played their games outside in the cold like all the other teams did i wouldn't be talking about this would i.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carramrod02 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:26 pm

lol zomg
Last edited by carramrod02 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carramrod02

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:49 pm

The reason isn't that South doesn't want to play outside/inside. Their field is just too small. There's no way with the crowd that came down from CHS and the south crowd that they would have all fit in south's tiny bleacher section. thats the reason they play the south/north game and every other year the shanley or west fargo game at the dome - the crowds would not fit in the "stadium" south has top notch facilities in everything with the exception of their football field - its terrible. it doesn't have anything to do with gaining an advantage over other teams
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to AAA