Class AAA Championship Game - November 10th

The teams in Class AAA

Class AAA Championship Game - November 10th

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:47 pm

(Championship Game)

PPG = Average Points Per Game; PPGA = Average Points Per Game Against

Saturday, November 10th - 7:45 PM (Fargodome)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East # 1 - Fargo South Bruins (11-0), PPG - 44.1, PPGA - 11.2

West # 3 - Bismarck High Demons (9-2), PPG - 30.8, PPGA - 9.5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: Class AAA Championship Game - November 10th

Postby ndman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:10 pm

i dont see bismarck high playing fargo south as tough as century did. i think south will have no problem repeating as state champions.
ndman

Postby randymcdandy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:49 pm

South only needs 28 more points to break their record of most points scored in a single season
randymcdandy

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:37 pm

As long as South plays anywhere near their game, I expect it to be a blowout, in the sense that South has a pretty decent lead and isn't in too much trouble.
South - 35
BHS - 14
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:05 pm

With or without Horner my speculation remains the same. South has way more in their arsenal than just horner, and they have proved it over and over. Horner is a huge addition to South, but he's only a small portion of the entire team.
EDIT: This providing your information is correct. I didn't hear word of Horner getting hurt.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby randymcdandy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:07 pm

omg i heard about something of this going on? was it seriously that bad that not cool for south i guess we wil see how good their team really is..(that is if this information is correct)
does anyone kno who would be replacing his position in the game..either mathews or dobber i would think but its to early to tell from now...
randymcdandy

Postby squeak63 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:30 pm

bhs is also playing the best football of their season right now when it counts.... no matter what happends its going to be an awesome game
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby statechamp07 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:37 pm

idk i was at the game and from what it looked like south is a one man show and very one dimensional, bhs is a on a roll right now, with one of the best run stopping defenses in the state
statechamp07

Postby DWeigs » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:03 am

I am going to go with Bismarck High 24-14...
DWeigs

Postby Football4ever » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:49 am

horner being hurt....coming from the same person who posted about Brian Mathews, a south reserve at best, being one of the top players in the state....wouldn't believe much of that.

bismarck winning this football game is as much garbage as any of that.
Football4ever

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:26 am

Didnt South have a kid named Gackle or somthing playin for horner i wasnt really listining to the game at work but i thought i continuasly heard his name on the the carry is there a kid named Gackle and if so where does he play all in all looks like a good game i am excited to watch it in person i havnt been to a state aaa game scince like 95 or somthin with SMCHS when i was like 7, does the fargo dome still have dippin dots those are the best
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 am

Don't take any information from Heuser for truth, he called a person that's likely below 170lbs 210 and squating a LOT more than South's all-time record, which is complete BS.
Gackle is a great athlete, not far behind Horner's athletiscism, I believe. South is more than deep enough to continue to dominate and pound BHS in the finals. I'll stick with a 2-3 TD win by South, though it may be close for the first half, until South pulls away like they inevitably will.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Football4ever » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:18 pm

hockeyhigh knows what he is talking about. gackle is a fullback for south. he's not a giant, but very strong. runs inside the tackles very well, and can run outside too. he can add up yards very quickly. he's had a few 100+ yd. games already this year as well as scored the first TD of last years finals if you don't remember. for those of you who think south is one-dimensional and a one-man show, watch closely this game. Ames has been a threat on the deep pass as well as brady meyers. They are far from 1D. No team can keep up with South's level of play for the whole game. Century was lucky to do it for 3 quarters. It might be a close game for awhile, but the score will look otherwise.
Football4ever

Postby randymcdandy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:48 pm

ames #36 is a beast and will be a huge threat in this game, also watch for little michael he will be running around wearing #1
randymcdandy

Postby rature68 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:55 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:With or without Horner my speculation remains the same. South has way more in their arsenal than just horner, and they have proved it over and over. Horner is a huge addition to South, but he's only a small portion of the entire team.
EDIT: This providing your information is correct. I didn't hear word of Horner getting hurt.

on saturday he was having to get stretched out every time he came off the field. don't know if he actually got hurt but your right, it probably wont matter.
rature68

Postby UND-scout » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:09 pm

South has too many weapons in their arsenal. Josh Gackle has loads of potential along with Brandon Jemison, Ames, and Felch. Growing up Gackle and Horner were pretty much equal. About the same speed, strength, and skill. Granted Horner has acceled more than Gackle. Gackle has put up a few 100+ games even when Horner plays which is a deadly combo between the two. If Horner doesn't play, Gackle and the rest will easily pick up the slack, if there even is any.
UND-scout

Postby Ming01 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:38 pm

South is the favorite obviously but I dont see why some of you are saying BHS doesn't have a chance... Minot was supposed to beat BHS but Bismarck ran them off their own field. Should be a good game, and I never thought I'd say this but I hope BHS wins.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:12 pm

Gibson has those boys playin right now.. thorton was as good as hes been last week.. the O line was much better and they got the best run defense in the state.. and south doesnt throw the ball well
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Football4ever » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:59 pm

they don't throw the ball well? they haven't had to. with the rushing attack they have, why would you? horner ran for over 200 yds. and 2 td's last game. I'm sure he will be good to go for this week. but anybody remember the game against north when he ran for only like 40 yds. or something. Oh ya, Gackle ended up putting in 2 TD's along with like 100 yards. Eric Ames had just under 100 yards receiving plus 2 TD's. They will walk over Bismarck.
Football4ever

Postby trackbbfan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:48 am

I never thought I would say this either....but, I really hope BHS plays South tough and comes out with the win.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigBlue62 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:52 pm

South's offense is spoken for. Their defense is relentless especially with #11 at safety. He's a Monster!!! Not a chance BHS comes out on top.
BigBlue62

Postby randymcdandy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:20 pm

BigBlue you must watch a lot of south ball, #11 is a monster for sure. except he has to make up for the slack of his slow.weak corners such as felch
randymcdandy

Postby carramrod02 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:30 pm

mike felch is much better than tony gross
carramrod02

Postby BigBlue62 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:37 pm

randymcdandy wrote:BigBlue you must watch a lot of south ball, #11 is a monster for sure. except he has to make up for the slack of his slow.weak corners such as felch

Yeah im associated with scouting players for Colleges around the Fargo-Moorhead area and South has loads of potential so they're my main focus this year. #11 sure is a Monster though. Last game i went to he close lined a Century player on the kickoff and gave him a concussion. He should definately get some good looks if he can bring his A game against BHS.
Last edited by BigBlue62 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigBlue62

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:18 pm

carramrod02 wrote:mike felch is much better than tony gross

Nice try
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to AAA