Who are the top running backs/tailbacks in the state

The teams in Class AAA

Postby sioux04 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:16 pm

Just wondering what people's thoughts are about who the top running backs/tailbacks in the state are? 
sioux04

Postby GFC_12 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:30 am

Josh Horner and Jared Gowan
GFC_12

Postby Baller » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:38 am

Hausauer, Eid??
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:52 pm

hoerner nuff said
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BuckyFootball08 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:24 pm

Horner, Gowen, McDougall, Hausauer
BuckyFootball08

Re: Who are the top running backs/tailbacks in the state

Postby sioux04 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:20 pm

What about Towery from Minot. Isn't he like 1st or 2nd in the West for rushing this year??
sioux04

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:30 pm

sioux04 wrote:What about Towery from Minot. Isn't he like 1st or 2nd in the West for rushing this year??

Towery does have good vision as a tailback. I've seen him make some great cuts back against the grain. I don't think he's in the same category as Horner, Hausauer and Gowen though.

What did Towery do against BHS earlier this year?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby squeak63 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:55 pm

even though he doesn't have the yards this year you have to put ingmenson as one of the top backs.... maybe not in horners league but if he would get some carries at the tailback if bismarck high would have more depth at full back he would be good.... also he has been hampered most of the season with a bad ankle sprain and during the regular season it seemed like the coaches were reluctant to give him carries
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby magichoops » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:19 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:
sioux04 wrote:What about Towery from Minot. Isn't he like 1st or 2nd in the West for rushing this year??

Towery does have good vision as a tailback. I've seen him make some great cuts back against the grain. I don't think he's in the same category as Horner, Hausauer and Gowen though.

What did Towery do against BHS earlier this year?

119 yards on 19 carries
magichoops

Postby Riotmaker#9 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:56 am

Horner is good. Easily the best in the state. It would have been cool to see what he could have done not sitting behind Catlin Solum for his Junior year.
"They call me Birdman Jr. I'm flyer than the rest. I'm trying to get a couple cool pigeons to the nest."
Riotmaker#9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:52 am

Your information is so skewed, you've lost all credibility.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby und52 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:37 am

Heusen19 wrote:Brian Matthews - Fargo South
6ft 210
40 time-4.53 Bench-315 Squat-560(school record)
He's restrained from getting any carries because of Horner. Much like Horner was of Catlin Solum last year except he gets even less carries. Coach Feeny refuses to give him an opportunity because Horner is getting offers from Big 10 schools(mainly Michigan) and wants him to get as many carries as possible to maximize his chances. It's mindblowing given all the talent Matthews shows in practice. He's better in almost all aspects.

Brain Matthews is 5'6'' 150lbs and as slow as a chubby second grader but man u should see him throw a baseball wow please get it from second to first without a crow hop
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Riotmaker#9 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:38 am

Who wrote that. It had to be you mathews. you are 5 6 maybe and 170 you might run a 520 40 mathews isn't any better than an elementary school kid. Lets just remember mathews baseball season where he showed off his athletisicm with an error every other chance at 2nd.
"They call me Birdman Jr. I'm flyer than the rest. I'm trying to get a couple cool pigeons to the nest."
Riotmaker#9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby und52 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:39 am

If Hushka wouldn't have gotten injured he would have dominated this season and probably will next season
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Heusen19 wrote:
Riotmaker#9 wrote:Who wrote that. It had to be you mathews. you are 5 6 maybe and 170 you might run a 520 40 mathews isn't any better than an elementary school kid. Lets just remember mathews baseball season where he showed off his athletisicm with an error every other chance at 2nd.

Oh okay why don't you ask my legion coach there bud. Guarantee I didn't make as many errors as you say. The errors i did make were irrelevant and rarely had an effect on the game results.

And the fact that you post crap about yourself gives you NO credibility
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby randymcdandy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:29 pm

mathews you didnt even play legion, you were on bombers and you guys lost to the senior babe team i believe you were like the worst player on your team and i think fiske even started over you you didnt even play..
randymcdandy

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:01 pm

His account was deleted.

Please the the "report post to moderator" function so we can eliminate people who want to post stuff like that right away.

Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BigBlue62 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:27 pm

haha why was his account deleted?
BigBlue62

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Beyond posting completely false information and spreading word of his or anothers 'Elite athletiscism' that was nonexistant, I'd suppose nothing. :shock:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseballislife » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:11 am

you gotta admit the kid has heart tho
baseballislife

Postby Gman1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:51 pm

from watching some games this year i would put horner a the top of the running back class but i watched the McDougall kid play for north and he seems like a strong runner good feet physical and pretty quick to the only thing that would ever hold him back would be his height only about 5'9 but a good looking player at his position
Gman1

Postby ndman » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:28 am

I think people think too much about the height factor. Being 5'9" wouldn't be a stretch for being a great running back at the next level. Look at the nfl, Frank Gore is 5'9" or Maurice Jones-Drew what is he about 5'7" and those are just a few to name that dominate even though they are short.
ndman

Postby Gman1 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:19 pm

the only reason that i say that is because everyone now days is getting so big with all these strength program that are around these days but he is a good runner but like i said that would be the only thing that would hold him back
Gman1

Return to AAA