First Round Playoffs!

The teams in Class AAA

Postby allstar23 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:31 pm

king james is not just choosing BHS to win because he might be from there, he's choosing them because they're the better team and like he said they have a good run defense so i'm gonna take BHS also... O and one touchdown isn't really handily
allstar23

Postby pepsi123 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:35 pm

thats a valid point. but one player does not make a team. the reason minot and south are in a league of their own is beacuse they have many threats. So had Swanson have played it wouldnt have made that much of a differance because wf doesnt have that much talent. take away horner from south, they still have a great team who would contend, take away elgie minot is still good. so one player doesnt make or break a team.
pepsi123

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:34 am

CHS already won their championship when they beat BHS.  I see WF coming in and beating them by 2 touchdowns. BHS will beat GFC.....the Century loss will fuel that win. Minot and South will roll in the 1st round.

Does anybody know times of the games on Saturday? Where are they being played?
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:10 am

Here's the real predictions:

BHS over GFC...Remember '04?

Minot over Wahpeton... similar to last years playoff game.

Century over WF... WF can't stop the Wentz to Schlosser connection.

South over Jamestown... Josh Horner... enough said
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:44 pm

7 Stretch wrote:ya king james, the only reason your picking bhs to win is because you go to that school. century beat you guys handily and so will central

great century beat us happens once every 7 years way to go.. all it did was put a chip on bhs shoulder goin into the playoff, and its no big deal we lost i'd rather go through minot and GFC then west and south.. and if bhs picks up that extra half yard on the 20 with like 3 minutes to go bhs probly ends up scoring, so like cdub and allstar said that not winning the game handily
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby 7 Stretch » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:51 pm

but century had so much more chances to score during the game than bhs did and they made a great defensive play at the end 
7 Stretch
NDPreps Rookie

Postby King James » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:23 pm

it was still 7 points and you guys will probably beat WF but dont stand a chance against south so we got the better deal anyway
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby twolves21 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:52 pm

alright king james, just cuz u cant actually play football u gotta talk bad about teams u dont like. idk what century needs to do to get some respect, go 8-1, beat bhs and controlled the game the entire time, went to minot, on their homecoming and only lost by a td and were inside the 10 3 times but killed themselves with penalties.  i guess the fact is ppl will never give century respect, even when they beat west fargo and go to the dome to play south
Last edited by twolves21 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twolves21

Postby balla45 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:08 pm

twolves21 wrote:alright king james, just cuz u cant actually play football u gotta talk poopoo about teams u dont like. idk what century needs to do to get some respect, go 8-1, beat bhs and controlled the game the entire time, went to minot, on their homecoming and only lost by a td and were inside the 10 3 times but killed themselves with penalties.  i guess the fact is ppl will never give century respect, even when they beat west fargo and go to the dome to play south

Century has some respect, but he can still say that BHS barely lost.  Out of curiosity, are you a Century football player?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:18 pm

GFC_12 wrote:2007 North Dakota AAA State Playoffs......

Tuesday Play-in games:

Fargo North @ Whapeton (East)

Jamestown @ Dickinson (West)

Saturday Quarter-Finals-

Bismarck High @ Grand Forks Central

West Fargo @ Bismarck Century

(Winner of East P.I.G) @ Fargo South

(Winner of West P.I.G) @ Minot

Bolded is who I expect to win. Funny, all the ones I highlighted were the first teams listed on the gamelist. :cool: WF vs. Bis. Century is the one I think could go either way, moreso than the others.
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby twolves21 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:19 pm

the score didnt really show how the game went, their second and final score was on a fake reverse pass by hruby, i mean it worked i'll give them that, but big bad tough guy gibson kind of went away from what bhs says their gonna do. they had one drive the entire game and scored on it, besides that they did nothing on offense. and i understand it was a 8 point game, he can go ahead and say that, but my response was in part to the things said before that
twolves21

Postby trackbbfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:06 am

balla45 wrote:
twolves21 wrote:alright king james, just cuz u cant actually play football u gotta talk poopoo about teams u dont like. idk what century needs to do to get some respect, go 8-1, beat bhs and controlled the game the entire time, went to minot, on their homecoming and only lost by a td and were inside the 10 3 times but killed themselves with penalties.  i guess the fact is ppl will never give century respect, even when they beat west fargo and go to the dome to play south

Century has some respect, but he can still say that BHS barely lost.  Out of curiosity, are you a Century football player?

notice he didn't answer you......yeah, you can bet he is one of those oversensitive Century athletes...
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby twolves21 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:57 am

well if century would have pick off that pass in the 3rd, that would have went for 6 and they also had 4 chances to score on the bhs 4 late in the game.  century easily couldve blown out bhs had they taken advantage of those oppotunities.  BHS had to score on a trick play reverse, thats the only offense that they had.
twolves21

Postby twolves21 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:00 am

trackbbfan wrote:
balla45 wrote:

notice he didn't answer you......yeah, you can bet he is one of those oversensitive Century athletes...

no i do not play for century but im sick and tired of everyone bashin them all time...they deserve respect cuz they beat bhs in soccer and football now...they outplayed bhs the whole game
twolves21

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:49 pm

twolves21 wrote:
trackbbfan wrote:
balla45 wrote:

no i do not play for century but im sick and tired of everyone bashin them all time...they deserve respect cuz they beat bhs in soccer and football now...they outplayed bhs the whole game
HAHA they bent them over in soccer, i wasnt at the football game but according to some people that i talked to (not just chs students) i did hear chs out played them It's just that these BHS alumni and players cant admidt it that chs IS better than them this year but i am guessing CHS is #3 in the state poll on 8 flukey wins and a loss to minot in minot where you have to win by at least 2 td's or they will find a way for you to lose.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:16 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
twolves21 wrote:
trackbbfan wrote:
balla45 wrote:

HAHA they bent them over in soccer, i wasnt at the football game but according to some people that i talked to (not just chs students) i did hear chs out played them It's just that these BHS alumni and players cant admidt it that chs IS better than them this year but i am guessing CHS is #3 in the state poll on 8 flukey wins and a loss to minot in minot where you have to win by at least 2 td's or they will find a way for you to lose.

Since this is a football topic, soccer does not matter at all.  I am going to guess that Century is #3 in the poll because they are getting respect, so what are you people honestly complaining about?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:19 pm

twolves21 wrote:alright king james, just cuz u cant actually play football u gotta talk bad about teams u dont like. idk what century needs to do to get some respect, go 8-1, beat bhs and controlled the game the entire time, went to minot, on their homecoming and only lost by a td and were inside the 10 3 times but killed themselves with penalties.  i guess the fact is ppl will never give century respect, even when they beat west fargo and go to the dome to play south

I played football and i can play i can have people back me up on that i just never had a passion for playin the sport.. and i just cant wait for this weekend and if u dont go to century ur an almuni or somethin
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby allstar23 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:33 pm

no kidding... you get really defensive when ever somebody talks about century, i think you just need to chill.... lol, anyways the only time that matters is playoff time and we'll see who does better this weekend... and i cant wait for more BHS vs CHS games in any sport cause there always seems to be tension
allstar23

Postby Ming01 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:13 am

Well, I guess we can say Century-BHS is a real rivalry again, cuz Century finally can beat them in something...
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Number7 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:21 am

pepsi123 wrote:thats a valid point. but one player does not make a team. the reason minot and south are in a league of their own is beacuse they have many threats. So had Swanson have played it wouldnt have made that much of a differance because wf doesnt have that much talent. take away horner from south, they still have a great team who would contend, take away elgie minot is still good. so one player doesnt make or break a team.

If you take Elgie and Horner off of their respective teams, I guarantee Bismarck, Century, or WF would win the state championship.  And Swanson would have been huge for WF who has a great passing offense but defenses center around that now,  Eid is good on the outside but Swanson could pound up the middle and run outside the tackles.  But its all a mood point and doesnt matter, but without South or Minot's top player, those teams arent nearly as successful.   Both #2 & #3 games should be really good, I think GF beats Bismarck and WF upsets Century in a battle of two teams will very similar styles.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:31 am

Number7 wrote:
pepsi123 wrote:thats a valid point. but one player does not make a team. the reason minot and south are in a league of their own is beacuse they have many threats. So had Swanson have played it wouldnt have made that much of a differance because wf doesnt have that much talent. take away horner from south, they still have a great team who would contend, take away elgie minot is still good. so one player doesnt make or break a team.

If you take Elgie and Horner off of their respective teams, I guarantee Bismarck, Century, or WF would win the state championship.  And Swanson would have been huge for WF who has a great passing offense but defenses center around that now,  Eid is good on the outside but Swanson could pound up the middle and run outside the tackles.  But its all a mood point and doesnt matter, but without South or Minot's top player, those teams arent nearly as successful.   Both #2 & #3 games should be really good, I think GF beats Bismarck and WF upsets Century in a battle of two teams will very similar styles.

I have a feeling that if minot didnt have elgie they would be pretty bad like 3-4 seed bad
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:36 am

Saucesauer wrote:
Number7 wrote:

I have a feeling that if minot didnt have elgie they would be pretty bad like 3-4 seed bad

I have a feeling that South would just insert someone else and still be very good.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:06 pm

What if all starters for Century and Bismarck went to St. Mary's?  Now they would be good... lol.  This argument is pointless...
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:20 pm

Ming01 wrote:What if all starters for Century and Bismarck went to St. Mary's?  Now they would be good... lol.  This argument is pointless...

haha i was so close to going there and according to my cuz if i went there he would have that would have been fantastic
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:19 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:What if all starters for Century and Bismarck went to St. Mary's?  Now they would be good... lol.  This argument is pointless...

haha i was so close to going there and according to my cuz if i went there he would have that would have been fantastic

would it really matter if you went there..no. dont think anyone cares
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AAA