First Round Playoffs!

The teams in Class AAA

Postby GFC_12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:17 pm

2007 North Dakota AAA State Playoffs......

Tuesday Play-in games:

Fargo North @ Whapeton (East)

Jamestown @ Dickinson (West)

Saturday Quarter-Finals-

Bismarck High @ Grand Forks Central

West Fargo @ Bismarck Century

(Winner of East P.I.G) @ Fargo South

(Winner of West P.I.G) @ Minot

Does This Bracket Look Right And If So What Are The Predictions?

GFC_12

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:43 pm

north- whap strugged with shanley, and north played with south for the first half and was leading for almost half the game..kind of interesting

jamestown

bis high

century- ive heard a lot of good things about this team and would not be surprised if they beat south in the 2nd round. wf has been looking weak lately and could easily get blown out if they dont come to play

south

minot
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby huskers » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:07 pm

Is the BHS-GFC game gonna be played at Cushman or the Alerus, I know when I played at St. Mary's, we played the regular season game at Cushman and the playoff game in the Alerus.
huskers
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackbbfan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:32 am

Doesn't the winner of the play-in game in the West play the #1 seed in the East? (and vice versa) 

Anyway...

North

Jamestown

BHS

CHS

South

Minot

trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFC_12 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:44 am

Yeah sorry my bad
GFC_12

Postby GFC_12 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:47 am

GFRR99 wrote:north- whap strugged with shanley, and north played with south for the first half and was leading for almost half the game..kind of interesting

jamestown

bis high

century- ive heard a lot of good things about this team and would not be surprised if they beat south in the 2nd round. wf has been looking weak lately and could easily get blown out if they dont come to play

south

minot

wow.. thats a big upset Century beats South!

i guess its possible since its the year of the upsets it seems!
GFC_12

Postby Sportshound » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:11 am

Whoa, slow down.

North stayed with South the first half?? well I heard it was close for a while.

then how does the game just go-- Blow-up to the final?

South is to dominant to get upset in the 2nd round.

south isn't going to be out coached like two yrs. ago vs. GFCentral....

plus that yr Central had-- hmmmm    Landry? awesome QB. and a few other studs.

those guys had a chip on their shoulder and came to play in that Champ game. South was stunned to be in a dog fight that year.

that my friends will not happen again.

Feeney has the south team playing like a small college team. Execution on both sides of the ball. Slow start vs. north(I presume) was justa  hick-up in a game that meant nothing except for a perfect record for South.

I predict--   South (not going on a limb here) Wins State.

Even Elgie from Minot can not do it all to beat a solid lineup like South. And Plus on Turf-- Team speed for South will kill the opponents.

south Vs. maybe--  minot? WF?(who is still a good team)--  the West will again need some Divine intervention to win the Title in this sport(like hockey).

Sorry Minot people, sorry-- Bis. High , sorry Dickinson and Century and Jamestown.

maybe all east final. now wait til' next yr in FBall--   West could come up the ladder again.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:38 pm

Sportshound wrote:Whoa, slow down.

those guys had a chip on their shoulder and came to play in that Champ game. South was stunned to be in a dog fight that year.

Feeney has the south team playing like a small college team. Execution on both sides of the ball. Slow start vs. north(I presume) was justa  hick-up in a game that meant nothing except for a perfect record for South.

Even Elgie from Minot can not do it all to beat a solid lineup like South. And Plus on Turf-- Team speed for South will kill the opponents.

south Vs. maybe--  minot? WF?(who is still a good team)--  the West will again need some Divine intervention to win the Title in this sport(like hockey).

Sorry Minot people, sorry-- Bis. High , sorry Dickinson and Century and Jamestown.

maybe all east final. now wait til' next yr in FBall--   West could come up the ladder again.

Hold on a second.....South may be the best team in the state in the last two years but that has nothing to do on the west region.....3 of the top 4 teams in the state are from the west.....West Fargo got beat by BHS who is 3rd best in the west.
ndfootball

Postby King James » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:18 pm

are these gunna be night games or afternoon?
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:49 pm

South's gonna walk through it.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:33 pm

Century could give South a run for their money but I dont think their defense will be able to stop South's potent offense.  That's if they beat WF...
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:17 pm

i think WF will beat century i dont think they can match the intensity they had that they played with against bhs and they acted as if they'd won the state championship already and the fans rushed the field at the end
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:47 am

King James wrote:i think WF will beat century i dont think they can match the intensity they had that they played with against bhs and they acted as if they'd won the state championship already and the fans rushed the field at the end

That is good because i get a feeling tha boils your blood upsets happen, heck miracles happen dont count anyone out no matter how good teams look on paper
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:48 pm

King James wrote:i think WF will beat century i dont think they can match the intensity they had that they played with against bhs and they acted as if they'd won the state championship already and the fans rushed the field at the end

is it me or are you anti-century cuz whenever century is brought up you bring them down
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby allstar23 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Ming01 wrote:

is it me or are you anti-century cuz whenever century is brought up you bring them down

no kidding... in every topic when ever century is brought up you do always bring them... are you from BHS or something??
allstar23

Postby King James » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:37 pm

allstar ur a buddy.. and yeah im anti-century untill they prove something.. ok they beat bhs.. that must be the best thing they've done in 10 years cuz they rushed the field after the game
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby mc696 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:07 am

Jamestown is home also

Jamestown

Waph

Would hate to have to play Waph in first round not because of the threat but their style is rough on teams health, if you have seen their offense you would understand.

Minot

GFC

Century

South

Believe both 2/3 matchups will be good matchups to watch, and could easily go either way travel time probably effects both games.  Century vs WF could be very interesting on defense as they run similar offenses and have seen it a lot in practices, and have only seen each play once but I would judge talent as fairly close as well.  GFC and Bis High  probably more decided on mistakes and penalties.  Can both play great games but also seems as if both can play just so so.
mc696

Postby squeak63 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:26 am

Sportshound wrote:Whoa, slow down.

its impossible for south to play west fargo in the state title game they are in the same braket...i also dont see either gfc or whap. beating both bismarck high and minot because in order to get to the state title game they would have to beat both of those teams... the east is not dominant over the west.... fargo south is dominant over the hole state...... i also would really like to know if the [url=mailto:bhs@gfc]bhs@gfc[/url] game is going to be at the alurus center or cushman?
Last edited by squeak63 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:50 am

Jamestown

Wahpeton- they will run over north who in my eyes has a QB controversy next year because what i have seen baasch sp? a soph has looked much better at times than schnobel who is missing easy throws  and with that style of "O" they always have the chance to pull an upset since they control the ball

Minot- too good

Grand Forks Central-  When they are on they are a great team but the only problem is if they show up to play or if they can do it or 4 quarters will win this one and if they play as they did against WF or for the first half or so of the south game THEY WILL BEAT MINOT

South- too good

West Fargo-  but it all depends on what team shows up and if they can establish the running game if they become one dimensional they will be in trouble but dont worry about the travel time here they will be fine

"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:56 am

I also just want to bring something up that West Fargo lost their starting RB and SS from last season Tyler Swanson who is playing for the F-M Jets and was an all-state caliber player.  Its pretty hard for a team to lose its best player but Eid has done a good job filling in on offense and Schmidt on offense. Im not making excuses but i would love to take the Elgie's and Horner's of every team off of them and see what happens.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:23 pm

Number7 wrote:Jamestown

Wahpeton- they will run over north who in my eyes has a QB controversy next year because what i have seen baasch sp? a soph has looked much better at times than schnobel who is missing easy throws  and with that style of "O" they always have the chance to pull an upset since they control the ball

Minot- too good

Grand Forks Central-  When they are on they are a great team but the only problem is if they show up to play or if they can do it or 4 quarters will win this one and if they play as they did against WF or for the first half or so of the south game THEY WILL BEAT MINOT

South- too good

West Fargo-  but it all depends on what team shows up and if they can establish the running game if they become one dimensional they will be in trouble but dont worry about the travel time here they will be fine

BHS has one of the best run defenses in the state and i've heard that GFC relies heavily on the run so im gunna take bhs
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:59 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:
I also just want to bring something up that West Fargo lost their starting RB and SS from last season Tyler Swanson who is playing for the F-M Jets and was an all-state caliber player.  Its pretty hard for a team to lose its best player but Eid has done a good job filling in on offense and Schmidt on offense. Im not making excuses but i would love to take the Elgie's and Horner's of every team off of them and see what happens.
</span>

I don't think swanson or elgie deserve to be in the same conversation as Horner. Especially with the senior year he has put together.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 7 Stretch » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:07 pm

ya king james, the only reason your picking bhs to win is because you go to that school. century beat you guys handily and so will central
7 Stretch
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cdub1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:38 pm

7 Stretch wrote:ya king james, the only reason your picking bhs to win is because you go to that school. century beat you guys handily and so will central

one touchdown isnt handily and i will pick bhs to beat central and im not from bhs but then i guess i am from the west but  i am still gon wit bhs

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pepsi123 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:21 pm

Last edited by pepsi123 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pepsi123

Next

Return to AAA