Bismarck 7
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2014 Postseason

Postby Gdolp65 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:57 pm

go maji wrote:Final
Minot 22
Bismarck 7

Listened to it on the radio! Sounded like a great game! Wish I could have seen it live
Gdolp65
NDPreps Rookie

Postby go maji » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Gdolp65 wrote:
go maji wrote:Final
Minot 22
Bismarck 7

Listened to it on the radio! Sounded like a great game! Wish I could have seen it live

I listened to it too. Sounded like a great atmosphere.
Been a long time since they beat Bismarck.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:19 pm

Bismarck's offensive line struggled, and BHS's coaches couldn't adjust. The play calling was awful. They had a chance to attempt a field goal before the half with 20 seconds left from around the 25 yard line to go ahead (with the wind), and they threw it into coverage in the end zone. Minot deserved that win.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby TheSportTruth » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Scobby I whole heartily agree with...horrible play calling on Demons part. I know it is run run run with the Demons, but to contnue to run into a eight man front over and over makes no sense. Demons were out coached and out played. Magi are tough. Good luck to Minot next weekend.
Shawn Sanford
Demon fan since 1982
TheSportTruth
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeynut » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Nice to see Minot beat Bismarck. New blood at the state title game.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Fargo Davies over Minot 27-21
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfootball4444 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:19 pm

Fargo Davies 28 - Minot 20
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby impartialFBfan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:03 pm

MHS defense was outstanding as a unit. Danelson,Mack,Bloms were all outstanding. Danelson needs to get more carries at FB. HES A TANK. He should also be leading Gorney through holes. Mack had a dandy game on both sides of the ball. He too needs more touches. Good things happen when he has the ball. Offense was solid. They took care of the ball and held some drives together and put up some points.
BHS never got In a rhythm after the half. Credit to minot.
Should be a good FB game in GF.
impartialFBfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NorthShore » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Minot 27 Davies 21 overtime
NorthShore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheTruthHurts » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:49 am

TheSportTruth wrote:Scobby I whole heartily agree with...horrible play calling on Demons part. I know it is run run run with the Demons, but to contnue to run into a eight man front over and over makes no sense. Demons were out coached and out played. Magi are tough. Good luck to Minot next weekend.

I don't know that the play calling was horrible, they threw the ball 26 times and had a All State receiver from last season drop 6-8 balls thrown right on the money. The line also played poorly and Ford earned all of his yards on his own. Minot (mostly Danelson) dominated the line of scrimmage like the 4th and 1 play where Bismarck was in power I and got stuffed for a 5 yard loss and Danelson said in the paper he wasn't touched. In my opinion Bismarck's defense also dominated and Minot's 22 points weren't indicative of them but how poor Bismarck's offense was after that first drive...
TheTruthHurts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gvmearees » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Very good game. Minot just wanted it more. There was 1 dropped ball by that player that I recall and it was at the end of the game when game had been decided. I'm pretty sure The AllState receiver has caught way more than he has dropped throughout his career. Minot had one dropped in the endzone also. As far as Bismarcks D dominating I beg to differ. Minot ran 8 less plays than Bismarck for the game and won 22-7. Minot played a very good game against a very good Bismarck team and won. Sometimes the Truth does hurt.
gvmearees
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheTruthHurts » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:30 pm

lol dude...relax,It was a very good game and Minot did want it more and I'm not slighting Minot like I think you assume. They outplayed Bismarck and deserved to win. And I'm also not bashing that receiver but no, he dropped more than 1 ball. Watch the film. I was pointing out why Bismarck's offense struggled (dropped balls and no run blocking) besides the fact that Minot's defense dominating, Danelson truly is the real deal and was unstoppable in the backfield, I hope he's getting recruited heavily and doesn't end up at Minot State. And I thought both defenses were impressive even though you're going to disagree. Minot had their last 2 TD's in short field because of the INT and TOD and the last TD was on a 4th down. Neither offense really moved the ball with much success after those first two touchdowns. The last I checked, plays ran don't determine a good defense or offense or apparently you don't watch college football or the NFL being as teams like Oregon and the Eagles want to run less plays the the others?

Good luck to both teams at state. Hopefully both come out healthy, with that being said I think the #BirdGang wins their first state football championship in school history with the Hartness brothers running off with their beautiful locks of hair flowing and THE BIGGEST SCHOOL in the state fails again to win another major championship. But I wouldn't be surprised to them keep their "Magic" rolling...see what I did right there?
TheTruthHurts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gvmearees » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:23 pm

LOL yourself DUDE or excuse me" Keyboard Coach" I did watch the film and he did drop 1 not 5or6 (big difference) I think you may watch too much college football. Last I checked, comparing Bismarck or Minots offensive philosophies to Oregon is a bit of a stretch. I'm sure Mr Danelson will be successful wherever he ends up. Im not an expert but rushing for over 200 yards on the ground is a pretty good night against a good defense so Id say there was some good run blocking(probably not on Madden but for a high school football playoff game, not so bad). Does time of possession mean anything to you?(probably not since by the sounds of it your're usually Oregon or the Eagles on Madden. I did see what you did there. Do they give purple ribbons in Madden? See what I did there?
gvmearees
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheTruthHurts » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 pm

gvmearees wrote:LOL yourself DUDE or excuse me" Keyboard Coach" I did watch the film and he did drop 1 not 5or6 (big difference) I think you may watch too much college football. Last I checked, comparing Bismarck or Minots offensive philosophies to Oregon is a bit of a stretch. I'm sure Mr Danelson will be successful wherever he ends up. Im not an expert but rushing for over 200 yards on the ground is a pretty good night against a good defense so Id say there was some good run blocking(probably not on Madden but for a high school football playoff game, not so bad). Does time of possession mean anything to you?(probably not since by the sounds of it your're usually Oregon or the Eagles on Madden. I did see what you did there. Do they give purple ribbons in Madden? See what I did there?

This will be my last post in regards to you because I'm so lost which team you even like, nor did you initiation of talking to me have to do with anything I said in my first post.

1)You got involved with me because I defended the play calling to who I think is a Bismarck fan and said it wasn't the play calling as much as poor blocking and dropped balls, which for some reason you want to argue.
2)I've said about 10 times how Minot dominated Bismarck, which you also now want to seem to argue?
3)I wasn't comparing either of these teams to those teams...I just said how many plays a team runs usually doesn't have a baring on the game and didn't in this case. It's safe to say both of these teams throttled teams all year offensively and probably ran much less offensive plays than their opponents, right? I'll give you an example since you won't believe this magic potion, but Bismarck beat Williston 77-0, Bismarck probably ran a quarter of the plays Williston did, so then you're saying they should have lost based on a dumb statistic like that?
4)I didn't think one can watch way TOO MUCH college football, maybe you play WAY TOO much Madden.
5)I'm not sure where you're going with the 200 yards rushing thing...this is where I get confused of which team you were supporting because Bismarck High did this but you already said their offense wasn't very successful, but Minot's was?

Good day sir, hopefully you get that purple ribbon you've been striving for!
TheTruthHurts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Davies - 35
Minot - 26
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby go maji » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Minot- 24 West Fargo- 8
Minot- 22 Bismarck - 7

Minot- 23 Davies 7 1/2

Math
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:09 pm

For the sake of discussion, the play calling for BHS was not good. Only looking at the stats AFTER the game would anyone think otherwise. They may have run or passed it a "certain" number of times, but throughout the game, their play calling was very predictable. There were 2 crucial mistakes that were made that was very confusing. They should have kicked the ball at the end of the 2nd quarter with 20 seconds left, from about 25 yards into the wind, with a kicker who has not missed a PAT all year. The kicker was warming up the whole time. Minot went into the half feeling pretty good at stopping them from scoring. Then in the 3rd, BHS's offensive line finally was winning as they trekked down the field, and they call a pass to the strong side which was intercepted. Even the student section was screaming that they should go left. Minot did a great job, but most of the stops occurred behind the line of scrimmage, and I am curious as to how many runs if any went to the left side. Minot deserved the win, but the play calling was pretty poor.

Davies 24
Minot 7
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:22 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:For the sake of discussion, the play calling for BHS was not good. Only looking at the stats AFTER the game would anyone think otherwise. They may have run or passed it a "certain" number of times, but throughout the game, their play calling was very predictable. There were 2 crucial mistakes that were made that was very confusing. They should have kicked the ball at the end of the 2nd quarter with 20 seconds left, from about 25 yards into the wind, with a kicker who has not missed a PAT all year. The kicker was warming up the whole time. Minot went into the half feeling pretty good at stopping them from scoring. Then in the 3rd, BHS's offensive line finally was winning as they trekked down the field, and they call a pass to the strong side which was intercepted. Even the student section was screaming that they should go left. Minot did a great job, but most of the stops occurred behind the line of scrimmage, and I am curious as to how many runs if any went to the left side. Minot deserved the win, but the play calling was pretty poor.

Davies 24
Minot 7

Yes its always the coaches fault!! String them up and flog them!!! Because the players on the field never make mistakes. You know they never miss a block or maybe throw a bad pass. Minot earned the win Bismarck did not lose it. And as far as the FG that's a 50/50 at best in a wind like that.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:48 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:For the sake of discussion, the play calling for BHS was not good. Only looking at the stats AFTER the game would anyone think otherwise. They may have run or passed it a "certain" number of times, but throughout the game, their play calling was very predictable. There were 2 crucial mistakes that were made that was very confusing. They should have kicked the ball at the end of the 2nd quarter with 20 seconds left, from about 25 yards into the wind, with a kicker who has not missed a PAT all year. The kicker was warming up the whole time. Minot went into the half feeling pretty good at stopping them from scoring. Then in the 3rd, BHS's offensive line finally was winning as they trekked down the field, and they call a pass to the strong side which was intercepted. Even the student section was screaming that they should go left. Minot did a great job, but most of the stops occurred behind the line of scrimmage, and I am curious as to how many runs if any went to the left side. Minot deserved the win, but the play calling was pretty poor.

Davies 24
Minot 7

Yes its always the coaches fault!! String them up and flog them!!! Because the players on the field never make mistakes. You know they never miss a block or maybe throw a bad pass. Minot earned the win Bismarck did not lose it. And as far as the FG that's a 50/50 at best in a wind like that.

I didn't say that it's always the coaches fault, I just pointed that mistakes were made on play calling. We have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight which, in a good discussion, would agree that those situations were mistakes. I would think the talented experienced coach would also agree. In big games, both teams are usually talented, and it comes down to turnovers and missed opportunities. I didn't think 1 team wanted it more than the other. Both played very hard. It came down to mistakes, and who capitalized on them.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:35 pm

In a good discussion you would agree that when the ball is on the 25 it equates to about a 40 yard field goal. And even in hind sight with the wind very few would make the kick attempt and playing calling isn't determined by the execution after the play is over it is determined by the scenarios leading up to the call
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby DaU » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:23 am

As much as I would like to be wrong

Davies-35
Minot-14
DaU
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to AAA