Bismarck: 48-20
Dickinson: 28-13
Century: 35-21
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2014 Week 7 Schedule

Postby Sniper » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Friday, October 10th
GF Central (0-4; 1-5) @ Fargo South (4-0; 6-0)
West Fargo (4-0; 4-2) @ Fargo Davies (3-1; 5-1)
GF Red River (2-2; 3-3) @ Devils Lake (1-3; 2-4)
WF Sheyenne (0-4; 1-5) @ Fargo North (2-2; 2-4)

Bismarck (3-0; 5-0) @ Minot (2-1; 4-2*)
Dickinson (2-2; 2-4) @ Williston (0-3; 1-4)
Century (2-1; 2-3) @ Jamestown (2-2; 4-2)
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby go maji » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:#1 Bismarck 50 @ #5 Minot 14

This game had penalties and dropped passes galore by Minot.
I should have been alot closer. Bismarck was only up 21-14 at half. A few of Bismarcks touchdowns were a couple blown coverages and a kick return. There was also a pick six a the end of the game.

There is a theme for Minot's losses this year, every single one of them, Minot was plagued with mistakes.

One more thing. Ben Bolinske has absolutely no control over the offense. The play that he gets from the sideline, is the play that they will run. If he saw 9 guys in the box theres nothing he can do about it. You can't be predictable against Bismarck.

Thus ends my rant
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby TheTruthHurts » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:40 am

go maji wrote:

I should have been alot closer. Bismarck was only up 21-14 at half. A few of Bismarcks touchdowns were a couple blown coverages and a kick return. There was also a pick six a the end of the game.

There is a theme for Minot's losses this year, every single one of them, Minot was plagued with mistakes.

One more thing. Ben Bolinske has absolutely no control over the offense. The play that he gets from the sideline, is the play that they will run. If he saw 9 guys in the box theres nothing he can do about it. You can't be predictable against Bismarck.

Thus ends my rant

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt after your ridiculous theory of saying a dynasty was over because you beat their freshmen and JV. Clearly after hanging 50 on your team at home, it's not close from over but it's good that you enjoyed the sub-varsity wins last week. I watched the webcast..and you're right it should have been closer but Bismarck also had a ton of mental penalties as well so don't act like that's why you lost. You were out coached and out played by a more physical team. According to the Minot Daily news you dropped 5 passes, 2 for TD's. That would still put you at 50-28, not close and no, this dynasty isn't over with their 8th straight win over Minot.

You guys are a very good team but should be much better but clearly aren't getting the coaching they'll need. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it out of the 1st round game traveling to the East's 2nd seed, which is most likely Davies but they will need some huge adjustments.
TheTruthHurts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:14 pm

TheTruthHurts wrote:
go maji wrote:

Thus ends my rant

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt after your ridiculous theory of saying a dynasty was over because you beat their freshmen and JV. Clearly after hanging 50 on your team at home, it's not close from over but it's good that you enjoyed the sub-varsity wins last week. I watched the webcast..and you're right it should have been closer but Bismarck also had a ton of mental penalties as well so don't act like that's why you lost. You were out coached and out played by a more physical team. According to the Minot Daily news you dropped 5 passes, 2 for TD's. That would still put you at 50-28, not close and no, this dynasty isn't over with their 8th straight win over Minot.

You guys are a very good team but should be much better but clearly aren't getting the coaching they'll need. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it out of the 1st round game traveling to the East's 2nd seed, which is most likely Davies but they will need some huge adjustments.

I 100% agree with the coaching aspect. Minot doesn't have the urgency to win as other teams. Coach Holmen is a nice guy. I had him as a youth baseball coach. But he is not capable of running a football team. Minot has been out of the first round 3 times since he has been there ( I think). With the talent in that school, they're better than 1 champ. app. in the last 10 years.

There are a couple of big plays that could have been prevented if players were in position. (passes to Ford)
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSFan50 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:48 pm

There is definitely something to the fact that Minot's sub-varsity teams are going virtually unbeaten in more than just football, but then at the varsity level are not competing at the level they should. Doesn't take a doctorate to figure out what the issue is. I can almost guarantee you that a number of the kids on these winning teams won't see much, if any, playing time at the varsity level....no matter how much they deserve to be out there due to being more than capable.
MHSFan50
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:37 am

MHSFan50 wrote:There is definitely something to the fact that Minot's sub-varsity teams are going virtually unbeaten in more than just football, but then at the varsity level are not competing at the level they should. Doesn't take a doctorate to figure out what the issue is. I can almost guarantee you that a number of the kids on these winning teams won't see much, if any, playing time at the varsity level....no matter how much they deserve to be out there due to being more than capable.

It makes me sick to see kids dominate JV, and not see a minute at varsity. The Minot high coaches have the lineup set before workouts even start.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSFan50 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Agree 100%. There are kids walking the halls that aren't playing because they know this.
MHSFan50
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gvmearees » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:11 am

BS There are not all these great football players walking the halls of Minot High. There are some good players that choose to not play because their focus is basketball or they don't like football, but typically, your better players/athletes are starting varsity as juniors and don't play JV. If coaches find a good player, they will find a spot for them. Also, if an average player works hard and commits to the weightroom the coaches will find a place for them. If a guy sits around eating donuts and doesnt put the time in to get better, they don't deserve to play. These lame excuse is very tiresome. End rant
gvmearees
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:17 pm

I was listening to ESPN a few weeks back and heard a commentator make some pretty salient observations as to why the Dodgers would NOT win the World Series. In a nutshell, it was that they had too much talent; and that over-talented teams have difficulty playing as a cohesive group because the superstars want to be "the man" to make "the" play rather than just doing their job. In retrospect, the commentator looks pretty smart.

Maybe that's Minot's problem, they have too much talent! :shock: Since grade-school, these kids have been groomed to be the "stars" of their teams. Now, when they all have to come together as ONE team, they have difficulty forming a cohesive unit. Or not. I'm wrong a lot. :?

Now, maybe MHSFan50 can round up some of the alleged kids "walking the halls" and send them over to Bishop Ryan so that school doesn't have to drop to 9-man next year. Haha.

(yes I know Ryan isn't going 9-man, just sarcastically pointing out that there are opportunities out there if kids really want to play football).
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby go maji » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 pm

gvmearees wrote:BS There are not all these great football players walking the halls of Minot High. There are some good players that choose to not play because their focus is basketball or they don't like football, but typically, your better players/athletes are starting varsity as juniors and don't play JV. If coaches find a good player, they will find a spot for them. Also, if an average player works hard and commits to the weightroom the coaches will find a place for them. If a guy sits around eating donuts and doesnt put the time in to get better, they don't deserve to play. These lame excuse is very tiresome. End rant

gvmearees- If you're not from Minot or never went to Minot High, you have no right to make that comment. I graduated from that school a few years ago. I think I have a better perspective than you do. There were kids in my gym classes that actually outperformed the kids in sports. But they knew they couldn't make the team.

For example- Last year, some girls on the girls basketball team were told to not try-out, because they would'nt make the team anyway. Everyone deserves a chance.

As for the football team, if you have a 6' 4" TE Lund, you don't throw screens to him all game.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:40 pm

go maji wrote:
gvmearees wrote:BS There are not all these great football players walking the halls of Minot High. There are some good players that choose to not play because their focus is basketball or they don't like football, but typically, your better players/athletes are starting varsity as juniors and don't play JV. If coaches find a good player, they will find a spot for them. Also, if an average player works hard and commits to the weightroom the coaches will find a place for them. If a guy sits around eating donuts and doesnt put the time in to get better, they don't deserve to play. These lame excuse is very tiresome. End rant

gvmearees- If you're not from Minot or never went to Minot High, you have no right to make that comment. I graduated from that school a few years ago. I think I have a better perspective than you do. There were kids in my gym classes that actually outperformed the kids in sports. But they knew they couldn't make the team.

For example- Last year, some girls on the girls basketball team were told to not try-out, because they would'nt make the team anyway. Everyone deserves a chance.

As for the football team, if you have a 6' 4" TE Lund, you don't throw screens to him all game.

The girls basketball team played caps the state championship game. Pretty sure the right girls were on the floor. Coaches don't tell kids to not come out. They might tell them that their chances of making the team are slim but that's being realistic and giving kids false a expectations...
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby go maji » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Like I said, it's fine if you cut them, but everyone deserves a chance.

I think those girls have been having it easy for too long. I have a feeling that this new coach will turn that program around.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby NorthShore » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Minot won't compete with the Bismarck schools until they can put some size, strength, and speed into their line play. Looks to me like the weight room and not the coaching staff is the difference. Remember Minot has been within a couple of plays of making the state championship game in two of the last three years, any maybe they will again this year!
NorthShore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gvmearees » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:04 am

Unfortunately your only perspective is "Gym class"!! Are you not aware that these athletes go about half speed in Gym class unless its a major sport like pickle ball. I would love to be on The Voice, unfortunately I can't sing very well outside of the shower and my parents were kind enough to let me know that. It still doesnt keep me from singing!!!! As for girls basketball, I agree with you, although only one would have played any minutes and that would have been limited. Lund? No idea, maybe its because he went to Ramstad and the coaches only like Jim Hill kids
gvmearees
NDPreps Reserve

Return to AAA