2008 NDAPSSA Class AAA Football Poll (Week # 2)

The teams in Class AAA

2008 NDAPSSA Class AAA Football Poll (Week # 2)

Postby ND Football Guy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Released Monday, September 8, 2008

Teams, (1st-place votes), Record, Points, Last Week

T1. Fargo South (6), 1-1, 44, 2

T1. West Fargo (4) 2-0, 44, 3

3. Bismarck High 1-1, 30, 1

4. Wahpeton 2-0, 17, NR

5. Bismarck St. Mary's 2-0, 9, NR

Also receiving votes: Bismarck Century (1-1), Fargo North (1-1), Grand Forks Red River (1-1), Minot (1-1).
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2008 NDAPSSA Class AAA Football Poll (Week # 2)

Postby thejoker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:Released Monday, September 8, 2008

Teams, (1st-place votes), Record, Points, Last Week

T1. Fargo South (6), 1-1, 44, 2

T1. West Fargo (4) 2-0, 44, 3

3. Bismarck High 1-1, 30, 1

4. Wahpeton 2-0, 17, NR

5. Bismarck St. Mary's 2-0, 9, NR

Also receiving votes: Bismarck Century (1-1), Fargo North (1-1), Grand Forks Red River (1-1), Minot (1-1).

So much for the Cinderella Coyotes...

I guess there is always the Saints.
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 am

A tie for 1st place...
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby football guy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:22 am

west fargo should be rated #1 after knocking off bismarck... but who knows how good fargo south is. they got beat down by edina (a dominant team) and then beat williston (a team that only won 1 game last year)
football guy

Postby BHSgraduate » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:16 pm

I believe that WF should be solely ranked #1. FS hasn't proved anything. They have proved they can beat one of the worst teams in the state, thats about it. That is my opinion on the deal. I see WF going further in the playoffs then south will, I think they will be an average team in the EDC this year, with WF being the power house of the conference. I hope to see a BHS vs WF rematch in state game this year.
BHSgraduate

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 pm

BHSgraduate wrote:I believe that WF should be solely ranked #1. FS hasn't proved anything. They have proved they can beat one of the worst teams in the state, thats about it. That is my opinion on the deal. I see WF going further in the playoffs then south will, I think they will be an average team in the EDC this year, with WF being the power house of the conference. I hope to see a BHS vs WF rematch in state game this year.

I disagree. I think your opinion could be skewed just because of a single game where WF pulled out an upset. I still think South is the dominant team in the East, and should have the best shot at taking the title again this year.
Doubts last year were incredibly similar to the ones that people have been posting this year, and we all know how that turned out.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby BHSgraduate » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:19 pm

I would think it is safe to say South has nothing near the offensive fire power they had last year. They deffinetly don't have a Horner on that team. I believe that WF is truely going to be the better team this year when they play. South hasn't proven they can compete with any of the best teams in the state. They lost to a very good Edina team, while South themself was supposed to be really good as well according to most, and they beat not even an average team in the west. WF has beat the number one ranked team in the state and they deserve to be ranked solely number 1, not have to share it with a team that hasn't proven they should be number 1
BHSgraduate

Postby Baller » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:54 pm

BHSgraduate wrote:I would think it is safe to say South has nothing near the offensive fire power they had last year. They deffinetly don't have a Horner on that team. I believe that WF is truely going to be the better team this year when they play. South hasn't proven they can compete with any of the best teams in the state. They lost to a very good Edina team, while South themself was supposed to be really good as well according to most, and they beat not even an average team in the west. WF has beat the number one ranked team in the state and they deserve to be ranked solely number 1, not have to share it with a team that hasn't proven they should be number 1

Last year, people said they don't have Solum on this team and Horner stepped in and got the job done. I am confident someone will do that again. They are also trying to find a quarterback. The one that they had groomed to take over (Conner Bruns) moved out of state with his family. Now they have two that have never taken a varsity snap because Bruns took all the backup stuff last year in blowouts...South will be in the title game before WF.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Maybe both West Fargo and South will be in the title game!
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:44 pm

Baller wrote:
BHSgraduate wrote:I would think it is safe to say South has nothing near the offensive fire power they had last year. They deffinetly don't have a Horner on that team. I believe that WF is truely going to be the better team this year when they play. South hasn't proven they can compete with any of the best teams in the state. They lost to a very good Edina team, while South themself was supposed to be really good as well according to most, and they beat not even an average team in the west. WF has beat the number one ranked team in the state and they deserve to be ranked solely number 1, not have to share it with a team that hasn't proven they should be number 1

Last year, people said they don't have Solum on this team and Horner stepped in and got the job done. I am confident someone will do that again. They are also trying to find a quarterback. The one that they had groomed to take over (Conner Bruns) moved out of state with his family. Now they have two that have never taken a varsity snap because Bruns took all the backup stuff last year in blowouts...South will be in the title game before WF.

horner or solum would have walked up and down the feild on willistons defense last week. the only person who i could really see bein that guy is jemison and against williston he wasn't even in on offense the hole time. horner and solum were both guys who never left the feild on offence becuase even if they weren't gonne run the ball they had to be in because every one was so worried about containing them which left huges hole up the middle... i just didn't see that in the williston game untill williston lost there legs and got tired
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Return to AAA