Preseason AAA Player of the Year

The teams in Class AAA

Preseason AAA Player of the Year

Postby Hero24 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Last year everyone knew who was going to be AAA Player of the Year before the season started. This year its up for grabs, who do you think has the best chance winning it coming into the 2008 season?
Hero24

Re: Preseason AAA Player of the Year

Postby D-Pain » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Hero24 wrote:Last year everyone knew who was going to be AAA Player of the Year before the season started. This year its up for grabs, who do you think has the best chance winning it coming into the 2008 season?

Haha, this ones easy. Hes going DI, hes about 6'7'', over 300 pounds, benches 360, and theres noone that will move him, let alone attempt to pancake'em. He big, hes mean, he'll tear your heart out and eat your children....BRENT QVALE! if anyone wants to argue, theyre wasting their time becuase its like a man, (a big man) against boys out there.
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby Riders00 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Richard didn't win it so I doubt Qvale will win it whether or not he is the best. Does anyone know of a lineman ever winning it?
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pepsi123 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:21 pm

brandon jemsion....also going d1
pepsi123

Postby D-Pain » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 am

pepsi123 wrote:brandon jemsion....also going d1

haha, um why? hes not that good.
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby D-Pain » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:01 am

Riders00 wrote:Richard didn't win it so I doubt Qvale will win it whether or not he is the best. Does anyone know of a lineman ever winning it?

ever heard of catlim solumn. he was kind of a good running back. he was also on the same team as richard
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:58 pm

where is jemison going?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:32 am

the thing about qvale is that he is not going to fill up the stat real and thats the kind of players who win player of the year... what do you think a coach who is coaching agains't williston is going to do... run right into qvale's gap every time so he can get 15 tackles a game???? no they are going to run it away from him and make someone else from williston beat them... also pancakes are not a stat that is recorded in high school football...unless the coach from that team watches the linemen every play on game film and records it but thats not official anyway... face it even though he is probably hands down the best player in the state and has the most potential of any other player in the state a d-line o-line player isn't going to win player of the year... its going to be a skill position like it always is
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby MinotFan22 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:50 pm

two words for the state of North Dakota.... Tyler Burkle
MinotFan22

Postby squeak63 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:03 pm

MinotFan22 wrote:two words for the state of North Dakota.... Tyler Burkle

2 words... offensive linemen... one more word unproven... also not a senior A. he doesn't deserve to be talked about for an award that only goes to seniors B. the last offensive linemen to win the award was eslinger and he had some un heard of number about tackles and sacks for a defensive linemen C. he has never taken a meaningful snap in a varsity football game... i personally have known many guys who dominate in the weight room and look good in practice but you never know if a person is gonna preform on friday night untill he does
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:03 pm

There is no clear cut favorite for athlete of the year and well just have to see how the season plays out. And Qvale hasnt impressed me from what i have seen
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:12 pm

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:There is no clear cut favorite for athlete of the year and well just have to see how the season plays out. And Qvale hasnt impressed me from what i have seen

i take back what i said earlier i looked at the pigskin preview today and saw that no offensive or defensive linemen has won senior athlete of the year... not even eslinger and we all know how good of a senior season he had. senior athlete of the year is a almost impossible thing to do for someone who plays on the offensive and defensive line
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Who votes on player of the year? Coaches or media? If the coaches vote, I think Qvale would have a good chance, because they will know more about how he affects a game than the media will.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:17 pm

balla45 wrote:Who votes on player of the year? Coaches or media? If the coaches vote, I think Qvale would have a good chance, because they will know more about how he affects a game than the media will.

i am 95%sure its the media. . . . if it was the coaches i think eslinger would have won it his senior season cause the coaches would see in film and such how much he actually effects the game
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby MinotFan22 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:36 pm

squeak63 wrote:

2 words... offensive linemen... one more word unproven... also not a senior A. he doesn't deserve to be talked about for an award that only goes to seniors B. the last offensive linemen to win the award was eslinger and he had some un heard of number about tackles and sacks for a defensive linemen C. he has never taken a meaningful snap in a varsity football game... i personally have known many guys who dominate in the weight room and look good in practice but you never know if a person is gonna preform on friday night untill he does

A hes a senior B havent you read the thread about me and another kid making fun of him for two weeks talking him way up??? C he hasnt and never will take a meaning full snap of varsity football.... maybe 9-man.. D is for

E is for post Edited. I is for Idiot - making fun of an athlete. W is for user Warned.
MinotFan22

Postby MinotFan22 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:08 am

MinotFan22 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:

A hes a senior B havent you read the thread about me and another kid making fun of him for two weeks talking him way up??? C he hasnt and never will take a meaning full snap of varsity football.... maybe 9-man.. D is for

E is for post Edited. I is for Idiot - making fun of an athlete. W is for user Warned.

W is for Who died and made you ruler of the universe there Hinsa.... H is for High School.... we are all in high school and we have all read and heard swear words so dont be such a baby... you should get off the computer a little more Hinsa... all you probably do is sit in front of the computer and talk about high school atheletes all day and night when you graduated from high school probably 15-20 years ago.. G is for Grow up, Get a life and Go outside and do something else with your time..
MinotFan22

Postby Baller » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:17 am

MinotFan22...you are done posting on this board. Cyberbullying will not be tolerated and you have crossed the line more than once. You need to get a life that does not revolve around making fun of other people.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby future star » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:30 pm

minotfan22 is a @$$ :twisted:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND Fan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:05 pm

GFRR99 wrote:

where is jemison going?

Who is Jemison? Where from? What position, etc.?
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DukeBlueDevils2316 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:34 pm

UND Fan wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:

where is jemison going?

Brandon Jemison is a senior at Fargo South. 6'2'' 200 pounds. Plays running back and linebacker/strong safety for South. Very good football player, runs 4.4 40 time, very strong kid as well. Haven't heard anything yet where he will play college football
DukeBlueDevils2316
NDPreps Reserve

Postby COACHWEST » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:53 pm

Thank You Baller!!!! Now .... can you prevent him from coming back???

Baller wrote:MinotFan22...you are done posting on this board. Cyberbullying will not be tolerated and you have crossed the line more than once. You need to get a life that does not revolve around making fun of other people.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby Riders00 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:09 am

DukeBlueDevils2316 wrote:
UND Fan wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:

where is jemison going?

Brandon Jemison is a senior at Fargo South. 6'2'' 200 pounds. Plays running back and linebacker/strong safety for South. Very good football player, runs 4.4 40 time, very strong kid as well.
Haven't heard anything yet where he will play college football

If he is 6'2 200 pounds and runs a 4.4 probably USC.
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 14>35 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:25 pm

or maybe florida. tebow is gone in a few years.

realistically though, im sure ndsu will be heavy on him if he is indeed a good player
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA