No Respect???

The teams in 9 Man

Postby tommykramer » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:28 am

I heard a coach on the coach's show in Lisbon the other day mention that the winner of the Milnor/North Sargeant - Hillsboro game will end up being the top seed in the Region.  Isn't Richland in the same region as these two teams.  I know we have a couple of posters from that area, maybe they can expain how the defending state champs - who have not lost this year - are just an afterthought.
Last edited by tommykramer on Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:35 am

Right now i'd say Richlands the favorite but i think Hillsboro is more then capable of beating them. I say whoever wins that games gets top seed of the region.
AandBfan

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:21 am

I wouldn't count Richland out just yet. I think Hillsboro could very well beat Richland, but im not sure if Milnor/NS can. I haven't seen them play yet however.I think Hillsboro will be 1 and Richland 2
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby js2125 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:42 am

I am saying that Hillsboro could beat them. The option is tough to defend for 4 quarters and tough to duplicate on the practice field in order to get a good sense of how  it is run. You must be disciplined every play in order to defend it or could easily go for a TD. Milnor/N. Sargent will not make the playoffs. To many weak spots.  You bottle up the running game and stop the ends from flying down the middle and you got them. Plus their attitudes will get them in trouble. I have watched them implode on a few occasions already this year.

The key to winning the region is stopping the run out of the spread. Looking at things/stats, it doesnt appear the passing game is as efficient and explosive as it was last year. Woodbury is chewing up yards at a decent pace. 

js2125

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:49 am

I've seen Hilsboro's Defense play. I think they have enough speed and they are physical enough to cause some problems for Richlands spread offense. How is Milnor/ N.Sargent's team speed?
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fb_fan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:11 am

I have watched a lot of football this year. I have seen all the teams play that you are talking about. Hillsboro does a great job running the option. Coach Rerick does a great job with his offense. M/NS they are a streaky team. They have played well this year, do they have the players to win in a big game??? Napoleon answered that question I think. Everything on here about Richland is about their offense. The one thing I have seen, is that their defense is just as good as any I have seen this year. The game between Richland and Hillsboro will be a good one. This week will definately say alot when Hillsboro and M/NS square off. That sounds like it could be one to watch.
Last edited by fb_fan on Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
fb_fan

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:40 am

js2125 wrote:Milnor/N. Sargent will not make the playoffs. To many weak spots.  You bottle up the running game and stop the ends from flying down the middle and you got them. Plus their attitudes will get them in trouble. I have watched them implode on a few occasions already this year.

The key to winning the region is stopping the run out of the spread. Looking at things/stats, it doesnt appear the passing game is as efficient and explosive as it was last year. Woodbury is chewing up yards at a decent pace. 

Out of curiousity when has Milnor/N. Sargent imploded this year?

I do not think you are giving them enough credit offensively.  Speich from Milnor/N. Sargent has 712 yards on the ground.  Milnor also has 4 Recievers that are deep threats so it is more than just the ends.  It is a little more complex than bottle up the run and watch the ends. 

Things are very even between Hillsboro, Richland, and Milnor/N. Sargent.  and with the head to head matchups coming the next three weeks it will make Region 2 exciting to watch.
Last edited by ND_Coach on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:50 am

If im not mistaken isnt hasnt richland won 21 games in a row datin back from 2004 and  i think their record over the last 4 years is something like 27-8 since they started their program in 4 years ago
homer

Postby fb_fan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:24 am

I guess in high school football respect is one thing that is hard to obtain. People don't care about the past, they are set on what is happening now. If Richland does have a 21 game winning streak, they must be doing something right there. Best of luck to the three teams that are on this post. I know I will be a fan of the next three weeks.
Last edited by fb_fan on Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
fb_fan

Postby ND_9man_DC » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:20 pm

I don't know how tough Richland is this year, but I remember playing against them in the dome last year. If they have the same speed (obviously from different players) that they had then, they should take the region.
ND_9man_DC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:27 pm

They are fast, but they don't have the blazing speed they did last year.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Trojan24 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:20 pm

I beleive that richland is the better team but i dunno for sure i havent seen them play i have seen hillsborro play washburn  and get    pummelled. Washburn has gone 1 and 3 since that game i dunno if the west is really strong or the east is week or  what the deal is  but i am picking richland  in that game.
Trojan24
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man