Unsportsmanlike conducts

The teams in 9 Man

Postby js2125 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:30 am

I have heard of this happening on several occasions this year where kids have been caught trying to injure players (cranking on their knees and ankles after the play), punching players in the pile, or using extreme foul language.

Where is the line drawn, are these grounds for being ejected. In two instances the refs threw a flag for the incidents and all that was assessed what a 15 yard penalty. If you are blatently trying to hurt someone, in my opinion you should be tossed and sit out the next game like the rules state. The language could be something different, it is not meant to bring pain to someone else.

In one specific instance a kid did get injured and now he is sitting out probably 2 games while the kid who did it gets to play. That doesn't make any sense!!! I thought the rules where made with safety in mind.

js2125

Postby rep » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:45 am

i think you just have to protect yourself.

there is always going to be cheap stuff like that going on in football. it is a full-contact sport and it isn't like this is something new that just started this year.
rep

Postby homer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:22 am

have refereed games for quite a few years and it is pretty simple you trow a punch your gone but twisting a leg or an ankle depends how long after the play noone ever sees the first thing that started something it is always the retaliation that gets caught the language thing is a heat of the moment thing and being a competitor and believe me the language isnt much better back behind the ropes(fans)
homer

Postby hollywood » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:26 pm

it takes 2 unsportsmanlike penalties to get tossed
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:12 am

hollywood wrote:it takes 2 unsportsmanlike penalties to get tossed

Or one if it is excessively flagrant.
twinsfan34

Postby homer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:43 am

you are correct just like bb
homer