QB's

The teams in 9 Man

Postby js2125 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:06 am

This seems like a topic that has come into the spotlight as of late. You have a stud QB, your backup is a freshman/sophmore with little experience, especially at the varsity level. It turns out he is one of your better defensive players but could put somebody in the spot that will do a decent job. Do you play him on defense and highten the chances of an injury or not. I don't know if that is what happened to Tri-county but  it is just a thought.
js2125

Postby ndfan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:44 pm

If he is one of your best defensive players he needs to be playing on that side of the ball too. The good ol saying is offense wins games, defense wins championships. The best 9 players should play on each side of the ball qb or not in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jwb262 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:46 pm

I agree he has to play! You cant win with out your best team on the field (bothsides). I also say you have to have a rotation of sorts, if the the chance is there to rest or pull him at times you should. That should be apart of the gameplan, knowing when to rest him for a couple of plays, or even a series.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison_18 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:58 pm

I believe with Tri-County, their QB had a knee injury and they wanted to let him heal for the region games. Just what i heard.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jens » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:31 pm

If you have a stud at QB and he is one of your team leaders, he should be frustrated as heck if he has to sit on the sideline while his team is on defense and watch someone play a position that he could be doing better. In any game that could be close at all, you have to have the best defense and the best offense possible. Obviously though, just as you would with someone who only plays QB at a college or professional level, you wouldnt want to over do it in a pointless game or a lost cause. If he doesnt want to play on both sides even though he would help on defense, he doesnt have enough heart to be a team leader anyways...
Jens
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man