Game of the Week

The teams in 9 Man

Postby bballer2 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:33 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
dc34 wrote:I think their QB was out with a slight knee injury. I do think that if he had played that it would've been a more even game. He wouldn't have scored 30 pts but he would have led the offense and maybe kept them poised.

You guys had to be at the game, Dakota Prairie physically domintated Tri- County.  They forced 2 fumbles and interecepted a pass on the first 3 possesions.  I don't think Tri-County was in the redzone all game.  They scored on mostly JV players at the end of the game.  Every possesion but, once Dakota Prairie scored in the first half.  I honostly don't believe Michael Mack could of changed the out come.  The game was one on the battle of the line of scrimmage and turn over batter.  Dakota Prairie on both of them.  Dakota Prairie's quarterback Seth Nichols had 315 combined yards and 5 touchdowns. He pretty much controlled the game himself.

lol i love it talkin up ur own team... dont worry about what they say and just use it for the field instead of talking yourself up

hey bakkum, i dont even go to school there anymore. I go to college. I'm just telling what I saw.  Guess you had to be there.

alright... my bad... then its alright... just hate when people talk up there own team... but thats cool my bad... my mistake
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby andy_7 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:25 am

ok
Last edited by andy_7 on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy_7

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:46 am

They better find someone to step up quickly. The schedule doesnt get any easier in the next 3 weeks with Lakota, Maddock and NCB.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby hollywood » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:56 pm

point/center wrote:[user=717]pakkyzoo[/user] wrote: 
Tri- County's starting quarterback didn't play, but I don't think he can make up for 30 points.

was it known ahead of the game their QB wouldn't play? Maybe he can't make up for 30 points alone, but we'll never know.

i don't even think that mack even plays defense does he? if not its hard for him to stop all the points dakota prairie scored
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby andy_7 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:17 am

he plays linebacker/saftey. 
Last edited by andy_7 on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy_7

Postby bball4life » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:46 am

Hey what does everyone think on the game Hettinger Vs. Mott-Regent. This has usualy been a big game against the two team in basketball and even more now in football since hettinger went 9 man.

Mott has alot of returning talent

But Hettinger has been playing tough this year going 3-0

Should be a good game to watch two of the best running backs tyler gross and Cole miller
bball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jwb262 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:51 pm

Ive seen both of them play. Should be good, the Hettinger team is playing well at the moment. Whos out for the Wildfire? I thought it was gross. We talked to the Washburn coach and he confirmed that either Gross or Groez, or something like that had tore a muscle. I think its the stud LB though, which ever one that is. Im new to ND so the names and things confuse me at times, still getting accoustmed. im going to pick Hettinger in this one.

Hettinger- 24

Mott-regent- 20
Last edited by jwb262 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby gmac90 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:07 pm

It's Brock Gion, not Tyler Grosz that's out for Mott. From what I've heard it's a season ending hip injury, but I'm not 100% sure.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:40 pm

thank you! thats it, coach moe of washburn said hes out for the season, and yes it was a hip injury. goin is the all-state LB correct.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:36 pm

Gion isn't necessisarily out for the season....his muscle connecting to his hip ripped part of the bone off of his hip.  Once that bone reattaches itself he's gonna be going full steam ahead again which will be scary for opposing teams.  Yes Gion was a 2nd team all stater last year. 
beans3

Postby js2125 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:47 am

You are talking a torn muscle, being back for the playoffs is being extremely optimistic, plus if it took a chunk of bone a way that will take time to heal, and then there is rehab of a muscle that may not have been used for weeks. I highly doubt he will be back in working order for any games this season, and for sure not 100%. I hate to see someone go down with and injury like that especially when they have worked hard there entire career to become a standout player, but don't rush it, it could very easily become a much bigger issue.

As for the game of the week. I am going to have to go with the Edgeley-Richland game. Saw both of there games last year and revenge can be quite the motivating factor. I think it will be a good game, both teams have excellent coaching and will have there kids in the right spots to make for a decent game.
Last edited by js2125 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
js2125

Postby beans3 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:10 am

No Gion didn't tear any muscle, his Sartorius muscle which connects to your hip bone ripped a chunk of bone off the hip.  His body was still growing so it was in a growth plate, which is softer bone, and thats the whole story!
beans3

Postby twinsfan34 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:31 am

jwb262 wrote:thank you! thats it, coach moe of washburn said hes out for the season, and yes it was a hip injury. goin is the all-state LB correct.

I doubt he would say that with 100% certainty.
twinsfan34

Postby jwb262 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:30 pm

Did I say with certainty, is there anything on here w/ certainty! Your going to disect everything, everyone says with certainty. LOL! Its an injury that takes alot of time to heal, and this is week three, maybe he meant the regular season. If you want to gripe about something go vote!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby twinsfan34 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:22 am

jwb262 wrote:Did I say with certainty, is there anything on here w/ certainty! Your going to disect everything, everyone says with certainty. LOL! Its an injury that takes alot of time to heal, and this is week three, maybe he meant the regular season. If you want to gripe about something go vote!

It sure sounded like you said it with certainty.  It would have been better to get the opinion of someone in Mott/Regent than to attach Coach Moe's name to a statement that the player is out for the season.  That's just my opinion.  Of course, you are entitled to your own as well.
twinsfan34

Postby jwb262 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:49 am

#1, im not afraid to use someones name on here with a statement that was made. #2 Im sure he meant the regular season, since the injury span is usually 6-8 weeks minimum. As for coach Moe, I can assure his name wont be attached to anything thats false. I guess if you have to gripe about something, this is better than the refs! LOL!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:33 am

hey jwb262 what happened to those Hettinger Black Devils you were talking up.  Didn't pose to big of a threat to those Wildfire.  Grosz still racked up 178 yards rushing!  Better think twice about Mott/Regent.
beans3

Postby jwb262 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:50 am

I admitted I missed on that ballgame in the region 6-7 post. I thought Hetttinger would play better, I see the score was 8-0 at the half, and 16-0 after 3 quarters. Hettinger cant win in that fashion, they need to be exchanging points with their opponents. Their team is built on offense, though it looks as though they played a decent defensive game thru the first 3. I have to give credit to Mott, they played well and beat a good team bad.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby 83football » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:58 pm

How did Ellendale do against BCN?
83football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:23 pm

They lost 38 - 6 I think it was.  It could be a very long year for Ellendale
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to 9 - Man