Game of the Week

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:47 am

Whats the game of the week in your area? 

In the southeast it has to be #2 Napoleon at vote receiving Milnor/N. Sargent
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tv sports guy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:59 am

how about the number 1 team in the state, tri-county, hitting the road to play at dakota prairie?
tv sports guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby muddy lots » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:15 am

Yes should be good especially considering that tri-county beat dakota prairie once in the regular season in overtime last year and knocked them out of the play-offs last year too
Last edited by muddy lots on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
muddy lots
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:29 am

Hope Page vs Shiloh Christian:shock:

actually looking to see how Ellendale home vs Richland goes.

I'd guess Ellendale is gunning to reclaim some respect after losing their first two games.

Richland is off to a good start and doesnt want a let down.
Last edited by point/center on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:36 am

what does richland have coming back this season? about all i know for sure is they lost their qb, rb and wr who all went to jamestown college.
rep

Postby point/center » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:44 am

Wade Woodbury is back and Jon Bessette.  QB--Enriquez--had a nice game last week completed 50% of his passes with 1TD 1INT. 20-14 over Oakes in Oakes last week.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:35 pm

point/center wrote:Hope Page vs Shiloh Christian:shock:

actually looking to see how Ellendale home vs Richland goes.

I'd guess Ellendale is gunning to reclaim some respect after losing their first two games.

Richland is off to a good start and doesnt want a let down.

I'm curious to see how Ellendale does aginst Richland.  They played pretty well, save for the 2nd quarter against Sargent Central.  But, I have a feeling things could get ugly
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby beans3 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:12 pm

How about #5 Washburn traveling to #2 Mott-Regent!  This should be the game of the week
beans3

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:05 pm

How bout Turtle Lake- Mercer at Hettinger. Hettinger is 2-0 and TL 1-0 and Hettinger had a huge win against Lemmon SD who i believe is 11 man and pretty good.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:41 pm

HOW ABOUT THESE TWO REGIONS EACH WEEK HAVING NUMEROUS GREAT GAMES! TURTLE-LAKE, MOTT, WASHBURN, NEW SALEM AND HETTINGER.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:52 am

I agree those two regions are loaded: #2 Mott/Regent, #5 Washburn, #6 New Salem, #7 Turtle Lake, and Hettinger has some weapons
beans3

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:18 pm

ND_Coach wrote:Whats the game of the week in your area? 

In the southeast it has to be #2 Napoleon at vote receiving Milnor/N. Sargent

Napoleon 58 - MNS 6  MMMM, thats darn good crow
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby beans3 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:15 pm

All of you that missed this game missed one of the best games in the state!

Mott/Regent 40

Washburn    36
beans3

Postby point/center » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:41 am

Mott Regen Wildfire running back Tyler Grosz rushed 34 times for an insane  282 yards and four TDs.

Edgeley-Kulm scored 30 unanswered points to open the game and outrushed Barnes County North 351-48.

Sargent Central scored a combined 44 points in the second and third quarters winning  over Strausburg

Richland rolled up 45 points in the first half against Ellendale falling to 0-3
Last edited by point/center on Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:19 am

I heard the M-R game was a great game. Rushing 34 times in 9 man is an insane amount of touches.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:04 pm

How about the #1 team in state (Tri-County) getting beat 36-6 by Dakota Prairie.  It was 30 to 0 at halftime.  Dakota Prairie ran the clock out in the second half.  Tri- County's starting quarterback didn't play, but I don't think he can make up for 30 points.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ticket0115 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:09 pm

The Hettinger Turtle Lake game was a dogfight with Hettinger prevailing in a 20-29 hard fought game. It was 22-20 with 105 left in the game when hettinger scored from 2 yards out and pushed the lead to 9.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:46 am

[user=717]pakkyzoo[/user] wrote: 
Tri- County's starting quarterback didn't play, but I don't think he can make up for 30 points.

was it known ahead of the game their QB wouldn't play? Maybe he can't make up for 30 points alone, but we'll never know.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby dc34 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:48 am

I think their QB was out with a slight knee injury. I do think that if he had played that it would've been a more even game. He wouldn't have scored 30 pts but he would have led the offense and maybe kept them poised.
dc34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby jwb262 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:21 am

The turtle-lake 20 vs 29 Hettinger was a good, hard hitting ballgame! I didnt like the end result, but I willl have to take it in stride (as I think the players should do). Never accept it just learn from it and improve. The region action starts this week vs Center-Stanton, the lone game that matters at the moment. Turtle-Lake again played great in stretches, had a chance with a domainating drive late in the first half to take a 22-6 lead into half-time. We coughed it up inside the 1 with less than 30 seconds remaining. The Blackdevils came out in the second half and executed their Pass first- draw type offense. The thing about it was we played sloppy in the second half and still had a chance to win. This team (turtle-lake) is good and shouldnt ever think different, they just have to find that stride and put together a full game. These 2 opponents from that region we played thus far Richardton and Hettinger have played very well, we played mediocre in both ballgames with to many turnovers. Once we correct these things and find that balance on offense we will be a force.  
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:51 am

jwb262 wrote:The turtle-lake 20 vs 29 Hettinger was a good, hard hitting ballgame! I didnt like the end result, but I willl have to take it in stride (as I think the players should do). Never accept it just learn from it and improve. The region action starts this week vs Center-Stanton, the lone game that matters at the moment. Turtle-Lake again played great in stretches, had a chance with a domainating drive late in the first half to take a 22-6 lead into half-time. We coughed it up inside the 1 with less than 30 seconds remaining. The Blackdevils came out in the second half and executed their Pass first- draw type offense. The thing about it was we played sloppy in the second half and still had a chance to win. This team (turtle-lake) is good and shouldnt ever think different, they just have to find that stride and put together a full game. These 2 opponents from that region we played thus far Richardton and Hettinger have played very well, we played mediocre in both ballgames with to many turnovers. Once we correct these things and find that balance on offense we will be a force.  

isnt eveyone a force once they correct the things they do wrong???
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby jwb262 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:44 pm

not allthe time. you combine the physical presence of Turtle Lake-Mercer and the correction, and then you will have a true force. this team has played average thus far, turned it over way to much. they have been on the verge, in both games, of putting away their opponents early. i will just say this, they  have more physical attributes than most 9man teams. there are alot of teams out there that no matter how well they play, they are still mediocre.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:08 pm

dc34 wrote:I think their QB was out with a slight knee injury. I do think that if he had played that it would've been a more even game. He wouldn't have scored 30 pts but he would have led the offense and maybe kept them poised.

You guys had to be at the game, Dakota Prairie physically domintated Tri- County.  They forced 2 fumbles and interecepted a pass on the first 3 possesions.  I don't think Tri-County was in the redzone all game.  They scored on mostly JV players at the end of the game.  Every possesion but, once Dakota Prairie scored in the first half.  I honostly don't believe Michael Mack could of changed the out come.  The game was one on the battle of the line of scrimmage and turn over batter.  Dakota Prairie on both of them.  Dakota Prairie's quarterback Seth Nichols had 315 combined yards and 5 touchdowns. He pretty much controlled the game himself.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballer2 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:40 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
dc34 wrote:I think their QB was out with a slight knee injury. I do think that if he had played that it would've been a more even game. He wouldn't have scored 30 pts but he would have led the offense and maybe kept them poised.

You guys had to be at the game, Dakota Prairie physically domintated Tri- County.  They forced 2 fumbles and interecepted a pass on the first 3 possesions.  I don't think Tri-County was in the redzone all game.  They scored on mostly JV players at the end of the game.  Every possesion but, once Dakota Prairie scored in the first half.  I honostly don't believe Michael Mack could of changed the out come.  The game was one on the battle of the line of scrimmage and turn over batter.  Dakota Prairie on both of them.  Dakota Prairie's quarterback Seth Nichols had 315 combined yards and 5 touchdowns. He pretty much controlled the game himself.

lol i love it talkin up ur own team... dont worry about what they say and just use it for the field instead of talking yourself up
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:43 pm

bballer2 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

lol i love it talkin up ur own team... dont worry about what they say and just use it for the field instead of talking yourself up

hey bakkum, i dont even go to school there anymore. I go to college. I'm just telling what I saw.  Guess you had to be there.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to 9 - Man