new clippers coach(es)

The teams in 9 Man

Postby rep » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:20 pm

with mayer taking a job in elgin and pete baumgartner and eddie kramer, jr., taking over as co-head coaches, does anybody know what kind of changes are in store for strasburg-zeeland?

any idea on who they return?
rep

Postby js2125 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:25 am

I beleive they will be a fairly young team. They had some decent freshman last year and are getting a decent crop of them again this year but as for upper classmen, I am not sure. I am sure there will be changes, what kind, just have to wait and see for myself also.
js2125

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:21 am

Eddie Kramer Jr. played for Al Dosch and I believe he will be running some of Dosch's stuff.  They will probally be more wide open than in the past.  The Double Wing the Clippers ran the last few years will be gone.

Offensively they return two starters and two who say significant time.  The 2 starters are Center: Mark Dykema (JR) and QB: Brian Kiefer (JR).  the coaches sons Ryan Baumgartner (SR) and Eddie Kramer III (JR) saw significant playing time on offense.

Defensively Ryan Baumgarnter started the whole year as a corner and Eddie Kramer III started the whole year as a Linebacker.  Cory Hummel (JR) started the last 3 games as a corner as well.

Other upperclassmen who could see playing time.  RB/LB Chris Scherr (SO), OL/DL Brian Hulm (SR), OL/DL Chris Dockter (JR) 

The incoming freshman class is extremely talented: OL/DL Ben Meier OL/DL Billy Vetsch, OL/DL Mark Baumgartner, and RB/LB/QB Bobbi Kramer.  Of the four Boobi is is the best and will probally be an impact player for the Clippers.  He is the fastest on the team and one of the strongest.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man