Shiloh dropping football

The teams in 9 Man

Postby rep » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:01 pm

[font=Arial]
[font=times new roman][size=3]so, i was wasting some time and read through the ndhsaa board minutes from their august 10 meeting and saw this note. suddenly i feel really out of the loop - what happened here?
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SUMMARY - August 10, 2006 Board Meeting[/font]
14. Approved an investigation into a complaint filed from Edgeley concerning the dropping of a football program by Bismarck Shiloh Christian High School.[/size][/font]
rep

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:41 pm

last I heard they were going to stay with a JV schedule this year, when they were supposed to go into region 1.  I think they wanted to be in the region with Center and Washburn and when they were put in with Oakes and Ellendale they balked at the idea.  I may be wrong though
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:30 pm

and so basically the majority (if not all) of region 1 is going to be a game short on their schedules?
rep

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:23 pm

So far as I know yes, Which is why Edgeley filed a complaint.  I think Strasburg is still playing them though.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby js2125 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 am

Someone clarify this for me because where I am we are affected by this. I know they are only playing a JV schedule this season, so are they then completely dropping the program next year?? that is what it sounds like I just want some clarification. In the long run I really won't be that bad for Region 1 because with the new realignment next year there will only be 8 teams then and hopefully the end of the Friday-Tuesday-Friday game schedule which is discussed in different forum.
js2125

Postby point/center » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:02 am

Did NDHSAA grow a sack and do anything to Enderlin 2 years ago when they paddied out on the year? NO. Slap Shiloh with 5 years of JV and then let them reapply for full Varsity FB sanctioned by NDHSAA.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby kvrnm » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:36 am

wow that would struggle if shiloh didnt have a team anymore. williston trnity and shiloh each had there first taste of football last year and had built up somewhat of a rivalry. playin each other on each of there homecomings, game in shiloh williston trinity won by 2 on a very close game. and the game in williston ended in a tie due to darkness.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:52 am

Just a mild clarification:
The reason Edgeley-Kulm is listed as requesting the investigtion is because their AD is the Rep for their region. All coaches in their 9Man Region were in agreement to not just roll over.

What if Shanley decided in mid-summer to drop football? What if a month before the season opened Valley City dropped BB? Think there would be a little more response from the NDHSAA? Why should this be any different?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:08 pm

kvrnm wrote:wow that would struggle if shiloh didnt have a team anymore. williston trnity and shiloh each had there first taste of football last year and had built up somewhat of a rivalry. playin each other on each of there homecomings, game in shiloh williston trinity won by 2 on a very close game. and the game in williston ended in a tie due to darkness.

what football school field doesnt have lights?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby kvrnm » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:53 pm

williston high wouldnt let us use there field cus they hate us. so we had to use the crappy college field which does not have lights, (its where williston jh plays). it was a really good game it ended 26-26. we will have r own football field with lights this year though
Last edited by kvrnm on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:10 am

baseball wrote:

what football school field doesnt have lights?

Maple Valley doesn't have lights.  Herried in South Dakota doesn't either.  and Edgeley just got lights last year
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:31 am

No lights? Thats crazy.  What time do they start games then? Most games start at 7 but most fields also have lights.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:05 am

usually at 4 or 5
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:48 am

dont quote me on this because he may have been Kulm but i remember going to play them 4-5 years ago and they had lights.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:49 am

yup, kulm has lights. i covered a night game there last season...strasburg-zeeland vs. e-k if i remember right.
rep

Return to 9 - Man