ND Football Rivalries

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:09 am

American Football Monthly has a section each month that previews football in a different state (programs/coaches with the most wins, titles, etc. and the states biggest rivalries).  I am curious what they have to say about ND, but I think it will be a few years before they get to us.  So, I want to see what fans in the state think.  What are the top football rivalries in ND, any and all classes at the high school level?

Here are 3 good ones I like:

1. Velva - Stanley:  Always meaning to the game and always a close one.  This is the best one in the state at the high school level

2. Strasburg - Linton: Sadly this game went away when Linton went to Class A, but this game was as physical as they come.  The last time they played 3 were taken off in the ambulance

3. Harvey - Rugby: It seems like every year this game is decided by 3 points or less

ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:57 pm

North vs South
Kindred vs Lisbon
Napoleon vs Edgeley
Grenora vs Ray
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:30 am

Velva - Stanley is a great rivalry. Both teams are always contenders and are well-coached.

Rugby-Harvey is good as well. They play every year and even though Rugby is a AA and Harvey is an A, the games are really close.

There are some good 9-man rivalries up north between Westhope-Newburg, Rolla-RL and Rolette-Wolford.
Y-not Daily

Postby muddy lots » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:58 pm

Dakota Prairie and Lakota battle for bragging rights of the Nelson County
Last edited by muddy lots on Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muddy lots
NDPreps Reserve

Postby andy_7 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:55 pm

I know that Tri-County has not been winning games for very long but they have a nice rivalry going with NCB.  The games have been really good in the past 2 years and I think with both teams talent this year I predict another nail-biter this year in Drake.
andy_7

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:04 pm

You must be from Drake or Anamoose or somewhere in there. You seem to know a lot about TC.  I dont think TC and NCB is really a rivalry. I think last year was the first time in like 6 or so years that TC won, thats like sayin NCB vs St. John is a rivalry. NCB vs Maddock is a legit rivalry. Has been for as long as I can remember, even now that I've graduated we still bs about playing fball against the Maddock guys.  NCB/Cando also used to be a good one pre-99.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Return to 9 - Man