Which 9-man player would stand a chance in AAA

The teams in 9 Man

Which 9-man player would stand a chance in AAA

Postby cornerback*22* » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:13 pm

i wanna know which player might be able to cut it in AAA, almost any running back in AAA would dominate in 9-man
cornerback*22*

Re: Which 9-man player would stand a chance in AAA

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Go away, loser. :roll:

You're a typical Class A kid that thinks school size equates to school talent. I've seen a LOT of AAA football over the years and will guarantee that there are a minimum of 6-8 teams in ND 9-man football that could finish over .500 with a AAA schedule (assuming they had the number of players to compete).
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby showtime » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:46 am

Sorry but no to a 9-man team finishing .500!
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:09 am

Sure, by sheer numbers, 9-man teams would find AAA dificult, but individual players is a different matter. I'd say you would find 3 - 4 players on every 9-man team that would make a competetive try-out on any AAA team. There's a lot of talent out there, just not the numbers to fill a large team.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:54 am

So.......is anyone gonna say any names? :roll:.Or is this going to turn into another subject?
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:33 am

eastwood99 wrote:So.......is anyone gonna say any names? :roll:.Or is this going to turn into another subject?

Ihry
Gross
Hagen
Woodbury
Zach Grothman
Andrew Grothman
Bartlet
Peterson
Arnold
Waklee
Lamb
Nelson
Singer
Enriques
Arenson

These are just a few running backs off the top of my head that would be impact players for any AAA team

Not to mention the linemen, TE's, Linebackers, Defensive ends, QB's, D-backs, wings, flankers, receivers,

The top 4-6 kids from any 9-man school would start for any AAA school,

How do I know?
I played college ball, where our best, fastest, most talented, hardest working, players played 9-man football in high school, we were undefeated in the confrence and played in the national playoffs.

We played against slugs from huge schools a heck of a lot bigger than AAA football in North Dakota and crushed them.

Keep your arrogant, ignorant posts over on the AAA board.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:04 am

Good post, guru....couldn't agree with you more.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:32 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
eastwood99 wrote:So.......is anyone gonna say any names? :roll:.Or is this going to turn into another subject?

Ihry
Gross
Hagen
Woodbury
Zach Grothman
Andrew Grothman
Bartlet
Peterson
Arnold
Waklee
Lamb
Nelson
Singer
Enriques
Arenson

These are just a few running backs off the top of my head that would be impact players for any AAA team

Not to mention the linemen, TE's, Linebackers, Defensive ends, QB's, D-backs, wings, flankers, receivers,

The top 4-6 kids from any 9-man school would start for any AAA school,

How do I know?
I played college ball, where our best, fastest, most talented, hardest working, players played 9-man football in high school, we were undefeated in the confrence and played in the national playoffs.

We played against slugs from huge schools a heck of a lot bigger than AAA football in North Dakota and crushed them.

Keep your arrogant, ignorant posts over on the AAA board.

I couldn't agree more..well put Gridiron Guru.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby homer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 am

Well Put G-G. It was just another post from someone who hasnt been there
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:47 am

Could not have said it better.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:50 am

A couple more names;

Danny Hangard
Cole Laber
Zach Fiest
Trey Peterson
Josh Morrissey
Damian Weigel
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby showtime » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Since I played both 9 man, AA, and college i can tell that there are those exceptional athletes that can play on that higher level. I played running back and when i made the switch from 9-man to AA i had to learn real quick that you can't just break everything to the outside and make it a foot race to the endzone. The change in game speed is just ridiculous, and i will agree that defensive players and wide receivers would have the easiest time adjusting and being able to do it, but runningbacks and quarterbacks more than likely couldn't do it! Also the top 4-6 players on each maybe the top 1-3 maybe would be able to start on any AAA team! And i know there are some of you out there that your high school went from 9-man to 11-man or vice versa and you guys know how big of a change it is! Look how good the 11 man teams do coming down and how hard of a change it is for the 9-man teams to move up!
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:00 pm

"I played running back and when i made the switch from 9-man to AA i had to learn real quick that you can't just break everything to the outside and make it a foot race to the endzone. The change in game speed is just ridiculous"

That is because there are two more defenders on the field in 11 man football, plus the speed, but the good 9-man teams have all the closing speed AAA teams have it's just more ground to cover. I think if anything the 9-man game is faster.

As far as the transition from 9-man to 11 man a lot of it is coaching, the 11 man the game is different, in 11 man you have to run off tackle, and some coaches have a difficult time adjusting to the 11 man game.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby cornerback*22* » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:58 pm

it would be interesting what would happen if we could put some of those dudes in AAA for a season
cornerback*22*

Postby old lineman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Jamestown College has 9 players from the 9 man ranks, not includeing Weber from Linton and kittel who played 11 man. Grid iron Guru I agree with your thoughts, there are 4 less people on the field so it could be like playing 3 on 3 in Hoops. The big thing is that in AAA there are 11 good football p[layers on the field. In 9 man you have a real good team if you have 3 dudes and 6 kids that can play. One of the things that I see with the small town kid is that he went to the big school like MSU or Valley City to play football and everyone from his home town knows he went there and and follows him to some extent. The small towner plays with a little more pride.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:07 am

The second fastest running back in the state behind weston dressler was a kid from new salem. I think people kinda jumped the original post a little to much. I don't disagree that athletes from AAA should dominate 9 man ball. They should, the pool of athletes at one school is larger than most 9 man towns. But the best of 9 man can play at any AAA school. Heck, I think the best 9 man team could probably replace teams like Mandan(sorry,had to throw that in there to defend us Class b 4 life guys).
bigpoppakdog

Return to 9 - Man