The teams in 9 Man

Oakes vs Napoleon

Postby ndfbfan70 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 am

thoughts?
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Re: Oakes vs Napoleon

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:12 am

Oakes smack talking may get them in trouble.

We shall see who is for real? Napoleon brings it hard and will punch you in the face, we will see if Oakes can handle it.

If Oakes can handle Napoleons physical play I will take Oakes in a close one.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 pm

I think a lot of Napoleon's face punchers (not literally) are gone. Their offensive line is almost completely new. But I just don't know how physically tough Oakes is either.

I'll stick with Napoleon until Oakes shows they can take the badge of honor from Napoleon.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Johnny » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Face punching is a 15 yard penalty
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:05 pm

man wrote:Face punching is a 15 yard penalty

Only if the ref sees it. :wink:
I knew someone would come back on the face punching thing. Man - you win the prize!

Something else that is illegal - gouging people in the neck at the bottom of the pile. I saw a player the other day and he had a huge outbreak of what looked like excema or ringworm on his neck. He said it wasn't any kind of rash or disease at all - he got it from opposing players pinching his neck when he was on the bottom of the pile.

Sad...
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Johnny » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:33 pm

That crap is a direct reflection on that coach.
When I played there were guys who had potential to be jerks but there coach kept that stuff in line. Then there were really good guys but the coach allowed/promoted dirty crap and they found themselves pressured into doing stuff they would never otherwise do.
When the game was done, all you really care about is who can block who, who can tackle the best and who was quicker. The dirty crap just acts like a thorn in the side of the opposition and even the players who were allowed/encouraged to do it. That coach loses respect of other teams/coaches and eventually his own players as they get away from the game.
Just play your hardest until the whistle blows and intimidation will come from just playing better than the other team.

Shame on that coach.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:56 pm

I assume you guys know that when I say "punch in the face" it means getting off the ball and playing physical.... Of course you do, just making sure.

This thread is supposed to be about Oakes vs. Napoleon but since you guys brought up dirty tactics, I do not condone them and I think that any coach who would, has to be a very tiny percentage.

What I hate more than dirty tactics is weenie winers.

Wussies who come back to a huddle or side line crying he pinched me, he hit me, he's holding me, they're cheaters, sometimes it's worse than 3rd grade girls for cripes sakes. Forget about that crap, play football, work hard, do your job, let the refs sort out the rest.

If you worry about little titty twisters you are not concentrating on your job and you are looking for an excuse to fail.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Johnny » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:25 pm

ok
Last edited by Johnny on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:45 pm

I'll take Oakes in a tough one. I'm sure they will go to Gross > 25 times. The key to vctory will be to stop him. Oakes does it and they win, that's my prediction.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:50 pm

man wrote:Titty twisters are only a 10 yard penalty

:lol:
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby outspoken » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:19 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Oakes smack talking may get them in trouble.

:? ? ? ?
outspoken
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:20 pm

outspoken wrote:

Here is a post that I am talking about

by fb56bball40 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:58 am

What about Oakes?? they should be top 5. Napoleon losteverybody except Gross. Oakes only lost Albus and Jorgenson. Both are huge but they return 6 starters and Hagen is a stud a Runningback. Edgely lost everybody except Zach there runningback and other teams are no good in there region. Oakes should come out #1 out of the region.fb56bball40
NDPreps Rookie

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby outspoken » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:18 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
outspoken wrote:

Here is a post that I am talking about

by fb56bball40 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:58 am

What about Oakes?? they should be top 5. Napoleon losteverybody except Gross. Oakes only lost Albus and Jorgenson. Both are huge but they return 6 starters and Hagen is a stud a Runningback. Edgely lost everybody except Zach there runningback and other teams are no good in there region. Oakes should come out #1 out of the region.fb56bball40
NDPreps Rookie

haha now I see :D
outspoken
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:37 am

I thought Oakes would be the top dog this year also but Napoleon has played well early and seems to be meshing. Should be a typical Region 1 smashmouth game. Anyone else in the Region even going to challenge these two. I thought Edgeley and maybe Strasburg or Sargent Central.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Johnny » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:22 am

Just like face punching, smash mouthing is a 15 yard penalty.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:24 am

get it back on topic....now
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:33 am

The Schwab wrote:get it back on topic....now

I hope nobody minds but I moved this one from week 3 picks to this thread it just seems more fitting

by jtdc492 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:19 am

Oakes should finally show us how good Napoleon is. Oakes lineman are big and experienced, they will run Hagen all day and it will be 8 yds before first contact. The inside will be plugged up for Evan Gross and to get any yds he'll have to run to the outside where he'll meet the Oakes secondary, he may get some yds, but he will not dominate. Oakes wins by 2 TDs.jtdc492
NDPreps Starter

Private messageE-mail
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Johnny » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:58 pm

The Schwab wrote:get it back on topic....now

ok
Last edited by Johnny on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Where is the game being played at, and does anyone know if it will be on the radio?
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby future star » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:53 pm

napoleon over oakes i really don't think it will be close i see napoleon by 20.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:20 pm

Napoleon 26, Oakes 20. What happened in this game? Anybody see it?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby fb56bball40 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:21 am

I was there. it was a good game to start it off napolean did a little onside kick and oakes was cought sleeping and gross recoverd. Oakes played well. 2 big plays, gross ran a 89 yard td run and a deep pass to # 40 and then napolean got 2 onside kicks. other wise i think oakes played better napolean had alot of penaltys. it was 26 -20 at half nobody scored in the second half. oakes came close the last drive of the game they marched it down to about the 10 and with about 40 seconds to go oakes QB threw a pick in the back of the endzone. It was a heck of a game!!!
fb56bball40

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:40 am

fb56bball40 wrote:I was there. it was a good game to start it off napolean did a little onside kick and oakes was cought sleeping and gross recoverd. Oakes played well. 2 big plays, gross ran a 89 yard td run and a deep pass to # 40 and then napolean got 2 onside kicks. other wise i think oakes played better napolean had alot of penaltys. it was 26 -20 at half nobody scored in the second half. oakes came close the last drive of the game they marched it down to about the 10 and with about 40 seconds to go oakes QB threw a pick in the back of the endzone. It was a heck of a game!!!

You were there...because you wear a uniform and stand on the sidelines? Of course you were there. I figured you'd have your tail tucked between your legs this weekend after saying that Napoleon couldn't win because they only have Gross and Laber and nothing else. As it turns out 30+ carries for Gross is really all they need to keep winning.
justbrowsing

Postby imperials » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:15 pm

it was not an onside kick to start the game, it was a bad kick and napoleon got lucky, how one team can get called for holding on just about every series and the other team never gets called the whole game is crazy. napoleon played good but so did oakes napoleon missed key tackles on all 3 tds. it was the best game i have watched for quite a while
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby outspoken » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:56 am

its not all Evan Gross in Napoleon, looks like Fettig threw for some yards.
outspoken
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man