Mock Draft

The teams in 9 Man

Mock Draft

Postby D3fan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:13 pm

If u could have a mock draft and take any player u wanted for 9-man football who would ur pick be???
D3fan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Mock Draft

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Andrew Grothmann
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Jason Hagen
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 pm

When you say "mock draft", are you relating it to fantasy football and statistics? Or are you talking REAL football?

REAL football - Andrew Grothmann (top LB and lead blocker around)
Fantasy Football / Statistics - Zach Grothmann (check his ypc in the first 2 games)
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 am

even if it was fantasy football i'd still take andrew, ypc doesnt count for anythin in fantasy football, its total yards and td's
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:29 am

Really? Huh?

Let me ask this then...is 340 yards on 15 carries good through just 2 games.

:roll:
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby D3fan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:15 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:When you say "mock draft", are you relating it to fantasy football and statistics? Or are you talking REAL football?

REAL football - Andrew Grothmann (top LB and lead blocker around)
Fantasy Football / Statistics - Zach Grothmann (check his ypc in the first 2 games)

it really doesnt make a differance...but yea prolly real football if u wanna be real specific
D3fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:19 pm

No, it DOES matter.

Best 9-man PLAYER...Andrew.
Best 9-man STATS...Zach (running behind Andrew).
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:40 am

E@stern Executioner wrote:Really? Huh?

Let me ask this then...is 340 yards on 15 carries good through just 2 games.

:roll:

okay... good one... well lets look at it this way, if you take Zach Grothman. Right now he is running behind an all state calibur line, with a two time all state full back creating the holes. The reason i beleive it would be Andrew Grothmann is because he can power through people for his yards, he doesnt rely on the line for his yardage the guy breaks at least 15 tackles a game. And if your going to put Zach Grothman's Yardage up on here, whats Andrews? it cant be too far behind
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby E@stern Executioner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:37 am

BballFan1307 wrote:Right now he is running behind an all state calibur line, with a two time all state full back creating the holes.

Right now? I guess I was under the impression that he would have that same line and same fullback for the rest of the season.

How about this...go watch a Hillsboro game...just ONE and then report back here to answer the original poster's question.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby future star » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 pm

evan gross from napoleon.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby D3fan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:09 pm

ok nobody can really decide on one pick...so who r ur top 7 picks?
D3fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:18 am

Quinn Ellison - Divide County QB
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:09 am

you still didn't answer my question. What are Andrew Grothmann's stats?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:23 am

They're good.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Johnny » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:24 am

I wish 9-man coaches had a readily accessible site to post stats. We rarely see up to date (or any for that matter) stats from our teams in SE ND.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:24 pm

i contacted the ndhsaa and they said maybe next week(ya watever) some are entering on max preps but not many
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 pm

man wrote:I wish 9-man coaches had a readily accessible site to post stats. We rarely see up to date (or any for that matter) stats from our teams in SE ND.

I know several places where the team doesn't see ANY stats until the end of the year. Many coaches just don't want to post stats anywhere.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Hinsa wrote:Many coaches just don't want to post stats anywhere.

Exactly.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:

Exactly.

Not posting stats really does a dis-service to the fans. I really like to see stats - something to chew on and to use for comparisons. It's part of the fun of being a fan - seeing how teams and players stack up against each other.

Now I know that stats don't tell the whole story of a team's success. It's just fun to look at.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby COACHWEST » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:02 pm

Hinsa:
This might be the first time(?) I disagree with you on something. Posting the stats for fans does nothing for a team and that is what high school sports are about...the team and the kids!
Stats for high school--especially football--can be very misleading anyhow. Some kids have very impressive stats because they get more quality playing time than others at another school due to team success. I wonder how many "all-state" players have NOT been recognized because they didn't have the stats because their coach pulled them early due to having already built a lead?

Hinsa wrote:

Exactly.

Not posting stats really does a dis-service to the fans. I really like to see stats - something to chew on and to use for comparisons. It's part of the fun of being a fan - seeing how teams and players stack up against each other.

Now I know that stats don't tell the whole story of a team's success. It's just fun to look at.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:05 pm

i think colleges look at it too. i know that is what dave carlsrud and sherly soberg from the ndhsaa say all the time please enter your stats because we get phone calls all the time from coaches, relatives in other states and now they dont even have it ready for them to put it on...hipocracy
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:53 pm

COACHWEST wrote:Hinsa:
This might be the first time(?) I disagree with you on something. Posting the stats for fans does nothing for a team and that is what high school sports are about...the team and the kids!
Stats for high school--especially football--can be very misleading anyhow. Some kids have very impressive stats because they get more quality playing time than others at another school due to team success. I wonder how many "all-state" players have NOT been recognized because they didn't have the stats because their coach pulled them early due to having already built a lead?

Hinsa wrote:

Exactly.

I agree with you on the fact that stats can be misleading. That's what I was getting at when I said they don't tell the whole story of a team's success. I also agree that high school sports is for the team and the kids. However, I don't think it hurts to give the fans and idea of how the team is doing stat-wise. Some coaches don't even tell the kids what their stats are - I'm not just talking rushing yardage, but tackles, completion percentage, passes defended, tackles for loss, total team yardage, etc. All that good stuff that helps to measure how a team is doing.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:29 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:Right now he is running behind an all state calibur line, with a two time all state full back creating the holes.

Right now? I guess I was under the impression that he would have that same line and same fullback for the rest of the season.

How about this...go watch a Hillsboro game...just ONE and then report back here to answer the original poster's question.

Zach Grothmann - 248 yards and 3 TDs and a couple big catches (in a losing effort)
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man