9-Man contenders

The teams in 9 Man

Postby andy_7 » Thu May 04, 2006 9:12 am

Who do you guys think will be in contention in 9-man?  Tri-County lost some good players but most of there team was juniors.  AEE lost alot of guys, Westhope-Newburg will be really good, Richland lost alot of guys.  What do you guys think?
Last edited by andy_7 on Thu May 04, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
andy_7

Postby catz_15 » Thu May 04, 2006 9:59 am

westhope had their qb back and in nine man u need an awsome qb to be succesful..  napoleon returns a few players from last years team but they need to learn how to spread it out...
catz_15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby js2125 » Fri May 05, 2006 7:58 am

That coming from a player who reached all-state status and number two running back in the state in the offense that they ran.  What was it the paper and news said, something like 1500-1600 yards. Doesn't seem like it hurt you too much to be playing in the three yards and cloud of dust playbook.
js2125

Postby catz_15 » Sun May 07, 2006 5:30 pm

never said it hurt me did i
Last edited by catz_15 on Sun May 07, 2006 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catz_15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:18 pm

A team that could suprise a lot of people could be Wells County.  They only lost 2 starters and they are big up front with 3 kids in the 240 range.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:22 am

Napoleon will be solid as always. Lost Wirt, but still have alot of talen returning
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Irisheyes » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:34 pm

NCB will be pretty good in that region and with Wells County and Tri County has alot of talent coming back.  I think Divide County lost alot but they some talent back.   What about berthold and glenburn?  I think they return alot.  Lakota has a young, good team.  Westhope is probably the team to beat, they have alot of talented kids coming back.  Not sure, but Napolean only lost Wirt and they must be pretty good.  Any word on other teams.
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:45 am

A sleeper could be Maddock. They have a decent QB(900+yds) and they will have a huge line this year blocking for Jordan Backstrom(1200yds last year). Being big up front and having the experience goes a long ways in 9-man.

North Central Benson(7-2) returns 7 starters that played both ways. Should have a very dominant offense, the defense will be a little shaky with Biby and Tofsrud both gone. They led the Defense last year.

Wells County should have a pretty good running game with two guys who combined for over 1100 yds last year and a pretty decent QB. Dont know how they were on the other side though.

Tri-County has Bossert back but Bruner and Martwick are out and they did a lot for them last year on both sides of the line.  See if  a year of finally having some success will benefit them or not.

Thats basically all I know about Region 5.

NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:54 pm

Central Valley will have a lot of there skill position players back.  They finished 6-3 last year and loose Michael Visby and another lineman from last years team.  They have their qaurterback returning Dustin Brend, Runningback Aaron Delvo, Fullback Jason Novacek, Wide Receiver Nick Foley, and Tight end Andrew Schultz.  If they can develope a line they will be tough to beat.

Dakota Prairie returns there quarterback Seth Nichols, runningback Ross Severson, and tight end Nick Bye.  They have a good coach that will figure out ways to make them successful.  Last years team was expected to take 4th in the region and ended up winning the region.  This is another team that if they can develope a line they will be a good team next year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:07 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Central Valley will have a lot of there skill position players back.  They finished 6-3 last year and loose Michael Visby and another lineman from last years team.  They have their qaurterback returning Dustin Brend, Runningback Aaron Delvo, Fullback Jason Novacek, Wide Receiver Nick Foley, and Tight end Andrew Schultz.  If they can develope a line they will be tough to beat.

Dakota Prairie returns there quarterback Seth Nichols, runningback Ross Severson, and tight end Nick Bye.  They have a good coach that will figure out ways to make them successful.  Last years team was expected to take 4th in the region and ended up winning the region.  This is another team that if they can develope a line they will be a good team next year.
i heard jason novacheck is moving to harvey
tanner lorenz

Postby muddy lots » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:06 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Central Valley will have a lot of there skill position players back.  They finished 6-3 last year and loose Michael Visby and another lineman from last years team.  They have their qaurterback returning Dustin Brend, Runningback Aaron Delvo, Fullback Jason Novacek, Wide Receiver Nick Foley, and Tight end Andrew Schultz.  If they can develope a line they will be tough to beat.

is that a rumor or is that a fact
muddy lots
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:16 pm

muddy lots wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:

is that a rumor or is that a fact
i heard it, i dont konw if its true or not
tanner lorenz

Postby Irisheyes » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:28 pm

Any word on Turtle Lake?  I heard they have a lot of seniors with a lot of talent?  Just heard it through passing.  Isn't Lakota going to be good also? 
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:28 am

aIrisheyes wrote:Any word on Turtle Lake?  I heard they have a lot of seniors with a lot of talent?  Just heard it through passing.  Isn't Lakota going to be good also?
lakota needs to learn how to win first
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ticket0115 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:21 am

Turtle Lake is loaded they will start 5 seniors and 4 juniors this year and for a nine man team thats saying something.

ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:43 pm

ticket0115 wrote:Turtle Lake is loaded they will start 5 seniors and 4 juniors this year and for a nine man team thats saying something.

Are these upperclassman even any good? Just because you have 5 seniors and 4 juniors doesn't mean anything.  They have be good football players not just older high school kids.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:21 am

7 of them saw major varsity action so they should compete.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:01 am

They return an All State Running Back and 3 all region Players.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDHeisman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:09 am

Turtle Lake-Mercer will have a stong team this year. They return Eddie Cullum, a 2005 All Stater who has been timed in the 4.6 range in the 40 yd dash. They will be HUGE up front on both offense and defense. Mitch Lang, a 230 LB fullback/middle linebacker, won "Best Junior Linebacker" at NDSU football camp this summer. He was also timed in the 4.9 range in the 40 yd dash at the same camp (that's rediculous for a 230 lb 16 year old).  They also return a savvy and very athletic QB in Josh Thomas (900+ career passing yards) giving them the most experienced and talented backfield in the state. Watch out for the Trojans.
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer2 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:49 am

UNDHeisman wrote:Turtle Lake-Mercer will have a stong team this year. They return Eddie Cullum, a 2005 All Stater who has been timed in the 4.6 range in the 40 yd dash. They will be HUGE up front on both offense and defense. Mitch Lang, a 230 LB fullback/middle linebacker, won "Best Junior Linebacker" at NDSU football camp this summer. He was also timed in the 4.9 range in the 40 yd dash at the same camp (that's rediculous for a 230 lb 16 year old).  They also return a savvy and very athletic QB in Josh Thomas (900+ career passing yards) giving them the most experienced and talented backfield in the state. Watch out for the Trojans.

gezzzz u know a lot about turtle lake being from grand forks
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDHeisman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:23 am

I go to Law School @ UND but my roots go back to Turtle Lake. Normally I'm fairly cynical when it comes to TL-M sports but after working for Fighting Sioux football for awhile I got a feel for what real talent looks like on the football field and I think TL-M has it. I wouldnt be suprised to see Cullum at a DAC 10 school or smaller DII school next fall. Also Mitch Lang is only a junior but has potential to play after high school. His size, strength and speed are exactly what coaches like Dale Lennon at UND drool over.
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ticket0115 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:06 am

For sure turtle lake will make some noise this season and most likely bring back the State Championship after things are all said and done.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby js2125 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:56 am

That is a prety lofty prediction. You may have fueled the fire for other region or non-region opponents. I believe you when you say that these are outstanding players but a player or two does not make a state championship.  Have heard that all to often.

As for contenders on the year. Maddock, from what I hear has some talent and could contend, Napoleon has many returning even with the loss of an all state RB, Ellendale will be contending in that region also, they have a ton of speed which is hard to match, look at Richland last year. Tri-County is supposed to replace well and be tough again. It is so hard to tell, teams can pop out of nowhere and teams can be consistently in the playoffs year after year.

I will be interesting to see how the year turns out!!!

js2125

Postby andy_7 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:28 pm

In the Tri-County/NCB region it will probably go down to the wire. 

Tri-County will have to prove themselves that there not just a one hit wonder.  They have 2 new linemen in there 3 line spread offense and some spots 2 fill in the wideout position. 

NCB has really good athletes, I think they have some spots to fill in there line but they are going to be really good. 

Wells County has a very good senior class this year.  They have a great backfield with a good QB.

Maddock from what I heard has really high hopes this year.  From what my coach said they think that they will win this region and win state.  If there line sharpens up they will be tuff.

Surrey I really have now clue? sorry lol
Last edited by andy_7 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy_7

Return to 9 - Man