Saskota Bowl

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Region1wrestler » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:02 pm

Any word on who made the team.  I know the game is going to be played in Melville Canada.  I also heard thier not taking any Shriner Players if they dont have to.....this maybe could be because they would have to report to the Shrine game the day after this game.............Does anyone know any other info on the game and its history

Region1wrestler
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfan » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:22 pm

Not to much history to it as its first game was played in 2004 i believe with North Dakota winning it. Consists of 9-man kids from North Dakota vs. Saskatchewan. No clue who is on the roster for this year. Hears a link don't know how much info it will give ya but its something on it.

http://eteamz.active.com/saskotabowlsk/
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:58 pm

If they're not taking Shriners...wow....what's going to be left? Badlands, Shrine, Down Under and Saks-Dak. Almost as bad as NHL playoffs...who won't get to play in an All-Star game?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region1wrestler » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:51 pm

Team North Dakota was the Saskota Bowl Champions again for the third year.  Team North Dakota beat Team Sasaketewan  16- 1. The game was played at noon in Melvile. 
Region1wrestler
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:06 pm

Region1wrestler wrote:Team North Dakota was the Saskota Bowl Champions again for the third year.  Team North Dakota beat Team Sasaketewan  16- 1. The game was played at noon in Melvile. 

16-1???
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:20 pm

HAHA you get one point for a safety up in Canada i see. HAHA
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:36 am

ndfan wrote:HAHA you get one point for a safety up in Canada i see. HAHA

I think that since it was on a punt they call it a Rouge and it is worth one point.  I know if you punt the ball through the end zone it is a Rouge, but I don't know if it extends to a returner being tackled in the endzone.

On another note, it is good to see ND show those canadians how to play some football and get its third straight Saskota Bowl.  In Sask. they have try outs to see who makes the team and 9 man schools up there have enrollments similar to our larger class A schools.

I'm just glad we don't have to play them in hockey.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man