The teams in 9 Man

REFEREES

Postby upnext » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:02 pm

what does everyone think of the call--fumble or incomplete pass---BE HONEST
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Re: REFEREES

Postby Prime Time » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:11 pm

i got the game on tape and i only watched it once but it looked like a fumble to me....but i didn't know that u could pick up the fumble and still throw it i guess
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hp fan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:16 pm

Fumble all the way, NGS stripped it out of his hand before it started going forward. I was just waiting for an "illegal man down field" penalty. Pretty heads up play by MR
hp fan

Postby upnext » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:22 pm

didnt know u could have eight guys downfield--guess thats a new NDHSAA rule or something i didnt know about with that crew of officials to allow it---
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby hp fan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:30 pm

I didn't recall seeing them downfield. I guess when you are on the 1 yard line, it is pretty hard to get too far downfield
hp fan

Postby upnext » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:38 pm

lil farther than the one yd line they were on
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:46 pm

It was a fumble and they were at the three yard line so that is much farther back then the 1. And on further review there were three downfield. In nine man there can be 5 downfield leaving the thrower behind the line along with the three interior linemen.

It appears that you are grasping for someone to blame. No need, it was a great game. Sometimes the ball bounces your way sometimes it doesn't. take away one bounce today and N/G/S gets the win.

Perhaps it is carma, Pride one of the seven deadly sins makes you say things that you shouldn't, at least until the final gun sounds. 8)
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:46 am

upnext wrote:didnt know u could have eight guys downfield--guess thats a new NDHSAA rule or something i didnt know about with that crew of officials to allow it---

What is it with you? If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be writing about how the game is over and people should stop whining about it. I realize there is no age restriction on here and that your probably a scrub on Napoleon's team, but show a little bit of class. Mott-Regent just beat your team without their best player.

Give credit where credit is due and stop making topics about why Napoleon got screwed by the officials. It was one of the best 9-man state title games, so stop tarnishing it with your excuses. Nobody wants to here you complain and I doubt Napoleon's coaching staff would like you making excuses.

Jay Grosz 5-11, 170 pounder vs. Kriss McCleary 5-11, 210-pounder.

What's your excuse for Grosz stopping McCleary on the 2-point conversion? Was McCleary having an out-of-body experience?

Please, no more topics that will tarnish this great game. Please.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:17 am

i agree, i hate when a team gets out played and then they come on here and say that it's the refs fault. I think Schiele should have changed the play call on the 2 point conversion. I think evereyone in the dome knew that McCleary was going to get the ball. But I just think that a play action to McCleary and a roll out to the tight end would have been wide open. But the play was called and i cant argue giveing the ball to one of the toughests guys to take down in the state.
Great game both teams! and yes M-R's fan's volume was amazing. i was also sitting over on the side by napoleon and could hear M-r louder.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby StretchMarkyMark52 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:35 am

Honestly upnext, grow up a bit, you ran your mouth and ran your mouth and you got it shove back in your face, I beleive you said that Mott would have all the excuses after they lost the game. well Mott won and here you are, excuses excuses excuses. the game's over, Mott won. congrats to both teams.
StretchMarkyMark52

Postby tommykramer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:30 am

Let me say this first - I am related to two of the referees, and I watched the game with another relative who happened to be a football official, IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL, and there was no illegal man downfield, when the play happened we both immediately said that there HAS to be an illegal man downfield, so when we watched the replay besides looking to see if it was a fumble we looked for the IMD, and there wasn't. I was very impressed with Mott-Regent and a little dissapointed with Napolean. Napolean's usual slow methodical - drive it down your throat - running game looked tired and lazy on Friday.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:51 pm

TUCK RULE!!!!!!

But really, his arm wasn't moving forward when the ball fell out, fumble all the way...no excuse for Napoleon not stopping that, but great heads up play for Mott
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:35 pm

upnext wrote:Didnt know that the refs were related to Tommy KRamer--that being said thats probably why they were so shi_ _ y. You mean to tell me after a huge play like that the refs don't get together and talk about it as if you wanna decide a championship by one play. Let me see, the kids should (decide )the game not the 5 blind men that thought they knew the game.

There is no need to get together to talk it over when they got it right. Did you look at the replay? Are you reading what intelligent people are saying about the replay in this thread? The refs got it right.

Upnext - you are seriously giving Napoleon a horrible reputation. The players on the field were gracious in defeat. There were no temper tantrums when things didn't go their way and they shook hands and took their loss like men.

Then you get on hear and start cussing and calling the refs blind. Someone else said it a few posts back- GROW UP!

All you are doing is tarnishing what was a great run by NGS.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Grandma's Boy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:39 pm

upnext wrote:Didnt know that the refs were related to Tommy KRamer--that being said thats probably why they were so shi_ _ y. You mean to tell me after a huge play like that the refs don't get together and talk about it as if you wanna decide a championship by one play. Let me see, the kids should (decide )the game not the 5 blind men that thought they knew the game.

The kids DID decide the game. MOTT WON, THEY BEAT NAPOLEAN. even if the refs gave the call in favor of Napolean (which would have been the wrong call) Mott still woulda won, they just plain outplayed Napolean. Your just stuff because you made an a$$ out of yourself in front of everyone on this site. Grow up and take it like a man. Did you not say that when Mott lost that they would have excuse after excuse about it? Well here you are, hipocritical. loudmouth, sore loser.
Grandma's Boy

Postby chevyman11 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:56 pm

and so forth come the excuses....i dont see how u deserve any of this being that u didnt give mott/regent any credit b4 the game!!!! grow up already!!
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Congrats to Mott-Regent on winning the State Championship.

Congrats to Napoleon on a great year.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man