Napoleon-GS vs. Mott-Regent

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Napoleon-GS vs. Mott-Regent

Postby adriana » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:18 am

upnext wrote:Finally a guy like goatspeed that knows what he's talking about--I gotta feeling i can leave after about three quarters tomorrow cuz it will be all over but the final score as Mott hasnt seen a line or two running backs with this kind of speed and muscle. Try taking McCleary down for a couple quarters and we'll see where their huddle will be in the third quarter. I have no disrespect for Divide Cty or any other teams they have played but they haven't seen a machine like this at all

I dont think it's going to be the blowout you're expecting. This is the championship game...both teams have rightfully earned a spot to play..and both teams are going to play their hardest to win. Mott-Regent isnt going to just let Napoleon roll right through 4 quarters and take another state title without a fight. Without Gion it's definitely going to be more of a challenge for them, and I did pick Napoleon to win...but you've gotta give M-R a little more credit than that.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby goatspeed » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:35 pm

greatplns wrote:As a former Mott grad now living out of state and unable to make it to this game, does anyone know if the game will be broadcast via the internet? If so where? I haven't seen either team play this year, so can't predict an outcome, but go Wildfire!!!!

I believe the game will be streamed from http://www.ksjbam.com (Jamestown 600AM radio).
goatspeed

Postby goatspeed » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:38 pm

adriana wrote:
upnext wrote:Finally a guy like goatspeed that knows what he's talking about--I gotta feeling i can leave after about three quarters tomorrow cuz it will be all over but the final score as Mott hasnt seen a line or two running backs with this kind of speed and muscle. Try taking McCleary down for a couple quarters and we'll see where their huddle will be in the third quarter. I have no disrespect for Divide Cty or any other teams they have played but they haven't seen a machine like this at all

I dont think it's going to be the blowout you're expecting. This is the championship game...both teams have rightfully earned a spot to play..and both teams are going to play their hardest to win. Mott-Regent isnt going to just let Napoleon roll right through 4 quarters and take another state title without a fight. Without Gion it's definitely going to be more of a challenge for them, and I did pick Napoleon to win...but you've gotta give M-R a little more credit than that.

I agree. You can't disrespect or take lightly any team that has made it to a title game, especially one who has lost its best player. Any team can win on any given Sunday (or Friday as it were). And MR will very much be an animal backed into a corner. I expect that from a team that has made it to the finals with their circumstances. I still think Napoleon will win, but it will probably be closer than last year's title game.
goatspeed

Postby Wildcat » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:44 pm

I don't think anyone has the right to predict a blowout in this game. The East side of the state thinks Napoleon's the best and the West side thinks Mott-Regent is. Yea, we get it. This argument will never end until the game is played. The fact is, not enough people have seen them both play, so they can't say who would win.
I haven't seen Napoleon play, but I know they're very capable. I think if Mott-Regent had Gion, the WIldfire would win. That's my opinion and I'm entitled. That being said, they don't have him and I'm predicting a Napoleon victory by one score.
You're foolish if you come on here and say that one team is going to blow out the other. It's the state championship. Nobody has the right to predict that.
It sounds like too many kids from each football town are so caught up in their team that they lose touch with reality. These teams, surprisingly enough, are similar. Both run a 3-4 and do some of the same things on offense.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby upnext » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Everyone and anyone has the right to predict what they wanna predict......Dont come on here and say something like that...Its called freedom of speech..and there u have it---Come on here at 2pm Friday and state if I was wrong or right???
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:55 pm

upnext wrote:Everyone and anyone has the right to predict what they wanna predict......Dont come on here and say something like that...Its called freedom of speech..and there u have it---Come on here at 2pm Friday and state if I was wrong or right???

So does that mean that at 2 pm on friday you'll come on here and state if you were wrong??...if its not a blowout like you're predicting?
Last edited by adriana on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby Makotifarmguy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:01 pm

I am from the west and I think Napoleon will win this game. I also don't consider Napoleon to be in the east either. They are like 50 miles east of Bismarck and a little south. I have also been to Napoleon many times (love that sales barn on Thursdays!!) and there is no east/west mentality, so lets not put it there.

Napoleon wins this game.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby upnext » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:22 pm

why sure Adriana but i will be there watching the butt-klckin so give me a few hrs for the wild ride home !!!
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:31 pm

upnext wrote:why sure Adriana but i will be there watching the butt-klckin so give me a few hrs for the wild ride home !!!

Haha well i gotta love the enthusiasm i s'pose.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:52 pm

Is everybody having fun? The BS looks a little deep, but as long as everyone is not taking it too seriously, it is just a game after all!

I don't think it's an East - West issue either. I'm obviously a Divide County fan, but my money is still on N-GS, as long as their kids don't start believing the hype and play a solid game. It should be a good match.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:12 pm

Everyone has to try to remember not to take anything on here too seriously. And God forbid you let it work you into a frenzy.

The idea behind this forum is to have some fun and promote the athletes and support your home town teams.

GO TEAM GO!!
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby upnext » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:57 pm

Absolutely its all about the fun may the best team win Friday!!
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:17 pm

You know I still got my money on Napolean, but with all this trash talk from upnext, I'm really pullin for Mott with an upset. Yes you got freedom of speech, God bless America, but honestly man, there's a line between opinion and just plain runnin your mouth.
Grandma's Boy

Postby Wildcat » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:48 pm

I didn't mean to imply that this was an East vs. West issue

The idea behind my thinking is that Napoleon plays mostly east teams and Mott-Regent plays western teams. Ergo, East teams know Napoleon and West teams know Mott-Regent. Therefore, football fans from the East are more likely to have seen Napoleon and West teams more likely to have seen Mott-Regent. That's all I meant to say.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:14 am

The audio will be broadcast via internet, but does anyone know if the video will? I'd love to see this game but from out of state and out of ND TV coverage it's next to impossible without video stream. It would seem this game would be important enough to broadcast over the internet. Any help would be much appreciated.
greatplns

Postby Grandma's Boy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:17 pm

where is the audio or video being webcast from?!
Grandma's Boy

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:22 pm

It's listed above.Jamestown AM radio station.
greatplns

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:25 pm

8-0 Napoleon with less than 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Kind of a sloppy game so far by both teams. 4 fumbles, 2 lost.
goatspeed

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:41 pm

8-8 complements of an INT return for a TD by Mott Regent!
goatspeed

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:09 pm

8-8 at halftime.
goatspeed

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:17 pm

Any thoughts on the first half. I think it is very evenly matched. Extra pts will be the difference.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:32 pm

I think it was a great first half. Kinda what you expect. A little nerves working themselves out, now the kids will settle down and play ball.
greatplns

Postby ndsubball » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:46 pm

16-8 mott-regent about 9 minutes to go in the game with mott-regent having the ball
ndsubball

Postby ndfan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:50 pm

16-8 Mott in the 4th quarter
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:52 pm

and..... Imperials getting the facemask penalties they are guilty of that were not called on their home field.
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man