Napoleon-GS vs. Mott-Regent

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Napoleon-GS vs. Mott-Regent

Postby hp fan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:31 pm

Did anybody else notice the class that the Wildfire play with. At the completion of nearly every play, no matter if It were Mott-Regent or NGS players, there was always a Wildfire player there to help the guy up and pat him on the back. It was great to see such sportsmanship by these guys. They play the game hard and they play the game right. Congrats on a great season. And wow that was a heck of a hit that Kautzman put on Gross!!!! Pretty solid for a sophomore.
hp fan

Postby adriana » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm

upnext wrote:kudos to mott --but u gotta admit that u cannot have a incomplete pass and a complete pass in the same possession---i thought it was the Raiders game with a muff call from a few yrs back???? Maybe the ref crew caught a ride from the Mott bus yesterday for the game today???Just a thought........LOL

You kno...i was almost impressed with you when i read your first 3 words...you should have left it at that. Napoleon didnt play as well as they did when we played them...i was a little disappointed. I wanted to see them win again. M-R just plain outplayed them.

I WAS impressed however by M-R's fans...they were louder than Napoleon's and i was sitting on Napoleon's side...good stuff.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby imperials » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:49 pm

these two teams could play 10 times and i think it would be split 5 to 5. mott-regent played better today and got the breaks when they needed them.at the beging of the year i didnt think napoleon could make it back to the finals after losing so much talent from last years team. they had a impressive run, 22 straight wins. congratulations to the imperials and wildfire on both having good seasons.
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:45 am

great game and great seasons to both teams! this was definitely one of the most fun games to watch. i have to agree with hp fan about m/r. definitely classy kids-showed great respect to the other team, as well as pride in themselves. i was really impressed with m/rs subs. when a kid went down, they could stick someone in on a moment's notice, and the sub knew exactly what to do. some well coached kids. i gotta hand it to nick kautzman. what a shot! imagine him next year!!! the grosz TD pass was simply amazing. if grosz would have completed the second pass attempt things would have been even crazier. one thing i noticed tho is that on the 2nd pass attempt from grosz is that he could have run the ball for the first down instead of throwing it-the field was wide open ahead of him. definitely a great game and congratulations to both teams.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby StretchMarkyMark52 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:30 am

hp fan wrote:Did anybody else notice the class that the Wildfire play with. At the completion of nearly every play, no matter if It were Mott-Regent or NGS players, there was always a Wildfire player there to help the guy up and pat him on the back. It was great to see such sportsmanship by these guys. They play the game hard and they play the game right. Congrats on a great season. And wow that was a heck of a hit that Kautzman put on Gross!!!! Pretty solid for a sophomore.

I agree, when we played them there was no trash talk on the field at all, they always went out of there way to help someone up. Like I said before Mott definatley deserved to win it. Congratulations.
StretchMarkyMark52

Postby chevyman11 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:59 pm

upnext wrote:u r all on drugs if u think you are going to hold Napoleon to 14 pts-- not a chance--u all come back on here Friday afternoon and let everyone know how good Napoleon's line is opening up those huge holes---you will learn the names fast boys---14 pts what a joke--Also Mott scored all those pts with Gion in the game what did they do after he was out--notta lucky time ran out==aint gonna happen this time without Mr Gion --all the excuses will be coming oh if we had so and so--nobody cried last yr when McCleary went down three plays into the championship game and still kicked TLake---same with hold true this Friday mark it down!

well well well mr upnext. looks to me like 14 points is all that napoleon got. so how was m/r's d for u? notice how anderson went down (the backup for gion), the wildfire subbed, and still won??? and what about these huge holes? i didnt see very many. kautzman, laufer, grosz, and dobitz were too busy having their way. and how about mott's scores? mr. gion wasnt in there and the wildfire seemed to score 16 points. howd they manage that??? and about the excuses-u can blame the refs all u want all day long but in the end the fumble call was the right call.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wrestlingbacker » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:29 pm

Yes, they scored 16 points but only 8 offensive points. Napoleon outgained M/R in total yards as well and held them under 100 yards rushing. M/R's passing game turned out to be the difference when there running game didn't work. Napoleon had a few big downfalls in the game that cost them big time. First was penalties. They must have been called for close to ten penalties which is very hard to overcome. Second, they drove the ball down to the red zone 3 or 4 times and didn't score. One time a holding penalty killed them and another time Gross got stopped on 4th and 1 (wish McCleary would have had the ball on that one). Finally, the 2nd half was a game of only 3 possessions by Napoleon and one of those was with 2 minutes left in the game. When you drive down the field and use the clock but don't capitalize on your drive, it makes it tough on a team. Definetly not the best played game by Napoleon. Also, saying that McCleary isn't a dominant player is just a horrible statement. M/R did a good job of picking him up on defense though. Offensively he got the tough yards all day long and ran quite a few tacklers over. On the final 2 point conversion, everyone in the place knew that he was getting the ball. A missed block caused him to get hit square in the backfield. I don't think anyone in the state would have gotten out of that tackle so don't say it is his fault.
wrestlingbacker

Postby chevyman11 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:48 pm

so m/r's running game wasnt the greatest yesterday. the passing game was used (and i think it could have been used more)-just another one of the weapons i spoke of earlier. i wasnt saying that mccleary isnt good or that the loss is his fault- i was talking about these "huge holes" that were suppose to appear.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wildguy131 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:02 am

this game was the most exciting game by far and the fact the MR beat them without 2 of their best players is awesome, to think if Blaise and Brock would be healthy that would have been a BLOWOUT. i liked the fact that MR subs in sophmores and were walkin on napolean, that tell ya something
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:47 pm

upnext wrote: Maybe the ref crew caught a ride from the Mott bus yesterday for the game today???Just a thought........LOL

Actually if you had read your program you would have seen that the reffing crew was from carrington. just a thought...........LOL
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby upnext » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:11 pm

knew that without reading the program--but thanks anyway
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:27 pm

oh I'm sorry, from your post it seemed you were a tad confused. I'm glad everything has been straightened out.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man