Napoleon-GS vs. Mott-Regent

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Napoleon-GS vs. Mott-Regent

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:11 pm

I am going with PAT's being the difference. Although I thought it would be the other team on the short end. 30 seconds left
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDinPHX » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:12 pm

Two point conversion is stopped. Mott-Regent 16 Napolean 14

Onside kick, Mott-Regent recovers. It's all over but the crying.
NDinPHX

Postby NDinPHX » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:14 pm

Time for the "Big Mouth", err, I mean "upnext" to take his medicine. Let's hear about the blowout.
NDinPHX

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:15 pm

It's a FINAL: M/R 16 Napolean 14. Wonder if upnext will enjoy the wild ride home? Congratulations to both teams. Sounded like and awesome game to watch.
greatplns

Postby Wildcat » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:16 pm

Mott-Regent still did it. Wow. All of the injuries and they still did it. That was impressive. They deserve it. Let's hope a certain Napoleon fan comes on here and gives them the credit they deserve. It's Friday afternoon and 2 p.m. is approaching.

Also, I have to say how impressed I am with the ball that Napoleon's quarterback throws.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:18 pm

Well I'm not going to wait until two oclock. Upnext you're wrong. Not only not dominant, but lost. Hope you seriously weren't planning on leaving after the 3rd quarter of your "Blowout"
greatplns

Postby NDinPHX » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:20 pm

It would have been a blowout in favor of Mott-Regent if Gion and Kautzman would have played.
NDinPHX

Postby bigtuna21 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:22 pm

that go ahead score by M-R was one of the craziest play i have ever seen
bigtuna21

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:27 pm

WOW!! Hey, upnext whats your excuse? The "most feared "player in 9 man- McLeary-gets stuffed on the conversion attempt. It doesn't get any better.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:30 pm

I guess Ron White described upnext's condition best. "You have the right to remain silent, but he didn't have the ability"
greatplns

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:16 pm

upnext wrote:u r all on drugs if u think you are going to hold Napoleon to 14 pts-- not a chance--u all come back on here Friday afternoon and let everyone know how good Napoleon's line is opening up those huge holes---you will learn the names fast boys---14 pts what a joke--Also Mott scored all those pts with Gion in the game what did they do after he was out--notta lucky time ran out==aint gonna happen this time without Mr Gion --all the excuses will be coming oh if we had so and so--nobody cried last yr when McCleary went down three plays into the championship game and still kicked TLake---same with hold true this Friday mark it down!

14 points it is. Eerily quiet after 2 o'clock.
greatplns

Postby scruffy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:20 pm

Kudo's to the WILDFIRE! Instead of moping around after the injuries the rest of the team sucked it up and stepped up their own game. CONGRATULATIONS! 8)
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigtuna21 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:29 pm

upnext wrote:Everyone and anyone has the right to predict what they wanna predict......Dont come on here and say something like that...Its called freedom of speech..and there u have it---Come on here at 2pm Friday and state if I was wrong or right???

u were 100% wrong
bigtuna21

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:37 pm

Did I hear right? McLeary gets Senior Athlete of the Year? Who Voted-just the Napoleon coach?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:44 pm

scruffy wrote:Kudo's to the WILDFIRE! Instead of moping around after the injuries the rest of the team sucked it up and stepped up their own game. CONGRATULATIONS! 8)

I am extremely impressed - I don't think there are any other teams in the state that could lose two of their best players and still win a championship against a powerhouse, especially in 9-man where outstanding players are hard to come by. Excellent job to the athletes and coaching staff of Mott-Regent.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:56 pm

I agree 100% with scruffy. Congratulations to Mott/Regent for overcoming much adversity on their way to a state title. I take nothing away from N/S/G. They obviously are a great team. They have nothing to hang their heads about. They are a great team and so is Mott/Regent. Unfortunately in athletic competitions there is only 1 that can win. Congratulations again to the Wildfire. Maybe Ron Benson for coach of the year keeping these young men focused and driven.
greatplns

Postby tcbison » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:10 pm

I was at the game. Brade Schweitzer had an a very good game passing the ball and that really loosened up the defense. Great play calling by Coach Benson! Both teams played well. I thought Mott-Regent really played well as a team.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:17 pm

upnext: "They (napolean) will bring home the crown this year"

upnext: "talk it cheap and you'll learn at about 2 pm what Napoleon Fball is about---watch and learn how domination will take effect."

upnext:"I gotta feeling i can leave after about three quarters tomorrow cuz it will be all over but the final score as Mott hasnt seen a line or two running backs with this kind of speed and muscle. Try taking McCleary down for a couple quarters and we'll see where their huddle will be in the third quarter. "

upnext: "Come on here at 2pm Friday and state if I was wrong or right???"

Grandma's Boy: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA. I HEREBY STATE, YOU WERE WRONG. I mean absolutely no disrespect at all to Napolean, I picked you guys to win and you had an amazing season. But I was glad to see Mott take it home this year. good job to both teams. congrats.
Grandma's Boy

Postby cubsfan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:46 pm

Napolean offensive line was not as strong as I personally thought it was. They were not as physical as last year and Mott-Regent was very physical this year. Congrats Mott on an undefeated season and a state title. Job well Done!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby greatplns » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:18 pm

c'mon upnext, 5:20 and still no response. It's all in good fun, nothing personal.
greatplns

Postby upnext » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:51 pm

kudos to mott --but u gotta admit that u cannot have a incomplete pass and a complete pass in the same possession---i thought it was the Raiders game with a muff call from a few yrs back???? Maybe the ref crew caught a ride from the Mott bus yesterday for the game today???Just a thought........LOL
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:09 pm

upnext wrote:kudos to mott --but u gotta admit that u cannot have a incomplete pass and a complete pass in the same possession---i thought it was the Raiders game with a muff call from a few yrs back???? Maybe the ref crew caught a ride from the Mott bus yesterday for the game today???Just a thought........LOL

upnext- "all the excuses will be coming oh if we had so and so"

Cough cough hypocrite
Grandma's Boy

Postby StretchMarkyMark52 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:12 pm

Great game to both Napolean and Mott, both had great seasons. Congrats to Mott, you guys deserved it. Hope to play you again next year.
StretchMarkyMark52

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:13 pm

watched the play several times on TV and appeared to be a fumble. Tough angle. Did you see something different or did an official rule incomplete pass on the field?

Or are you basing this on your alligances?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Pfenix » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:04 pm

Well we did it. The Wildfire came together and fought against adversity proving once and for all, it is not stud players that win games, it is a complete team who play for each other, for their school, and for their community. All it took was great team defense by the wildfire. That play in the 4th quarter when Nick Kautzman stuck Evan Gross on 4th and inches was plain awesome. I bet Gross is still feeling that one. M/R's last TD was a miracle, that was one of the craziest plays in Dakota Bowl history. How Grosz pulled that one off we'll never know. Several wildfire players had career days: Killian Norton catching his first career TD in his senior year to win the state 9-man title, Brade Schwietzer was a General out there passing for over a hundred yards, and Devan Laufer picking off a pass and taking it to the house (oh yeah he caught the 2 point conversion). Congratulations to the Imperials on a great run. 22-1 State Champs, and State Runner ups. good luck next year. But today belongs to the Wildfire, and to the towns of Mott and Regent. Its been a long time coming. GO WILDFIRE!!!!!!!!!
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man