Best WR

The teams in 9 Man

Postby fb fan 4 life » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:32 pm

Who are the best wide receivers in the state? Who do you think will be all state at wr?
fb fan 4 life

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:36 pm

Jamie Mauch is a lock to be on there
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:25 pm

I've watched 7 teams this year, and the best one i saw was Dane dhuyvetter outa divide.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:58 am

Blaise Kautzman from  M/R is right up there with Dhuyvetter and Mauch.  He's one of the quickest and shiftiest kids I've seen in years.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby longhornfan8 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:47 am

mauch has my vote
longhornfan8

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:57 am

chale and smith from north border are some pretty good wide outs...leurigh from dakota prairie is pretty good too
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby plantefan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:56 am

The other names mentioned are definitely stud receivers, but there is no one in the state who has Mauch's combination of speed, size, hands, and toughness.  Without  a doubt the best receiver in the state.
plantefan

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:02 am

dillan ostrom isnt lined up at wr he's at end...but has great hands
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tommykramer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:05 am

How did I know BBallFan was going to say Ostrom?
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:15 am

G wrote:chale and smith from north border are some pretty good wide outs...leurigh from dakota prairie is pretty good too

I agree their, and its Luehring by the way from DP.  Hes a sophmore. Tough to cover deep.  It was 3 and 35 on their on 5 yard line last night with DP down 38 to 36 with 3 minutes left in the 4th.  He took a quickslant 50 yards for a first down.  It led to DP going up 44 to 36.

Chale and Smith are both big, fast, and can jump.  I watched them play Lakota and Dakota Prairie.  Carpenter does a nice job finding both of these two.  They offer good size, the biggest thing is they are both tough matchups.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:41 am

tommykramer wrote:How did I know BBallFan was going to say Ostrom?

NO KIDDING, the only games i've been to is FSHP, sorry bud. He's a good receiver my opinion give it up.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fb fan 4 life » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:45 am

What about this Hensen kid from Glenburn? He finished the season with 53 catches and 900+ yards and 12 td's. (stats are from the nd high school activities website) He has to be mentioned in this topic.
fb fan 4 life

Postby fb fan 4 life » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:46 am

fb fan 4 life wrote:What about this Hensen kid from Glenburn? He finished the season with 53 catches and 900+ yards and 12 td's. (stats are from the nd high school activities website) He has to be mentioned in this topic.

Sorry its Henson!
fb fan 4 life

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:28 am

Ostrom deserves to be mentioned.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby tommykramer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 am

The Schwab wrote:

Ostrom deserves to be mentioned.

I agree, but BballFan has also seen Mauch from Hankinson play too.  If I were to pick between the two - I would say Mauch.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 am

Henson from Glenburn is very good, he has the great stats too. Dane Dhuyvetter from Divide Co. is a great reciver as well. I don't know, or care, what he has for stats. But he just makes plays, and he makes plays when it matters the most.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby plantefan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:25 am

How much has divide thrown the ball just curious?

(I know, typical Easterner who doesn't know much about even one of the state's traditional powerhouses out West)
plantefan

Postby booyah » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:15 pm

from region 2 there are a few good receivers. mauch is probably the best, ostrom (even though he is a DE) has good hands, and i'll throw jon and connor johnson in there (both from richland)
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:47 pm

Divide Co. has always been a running team. They used to run alot of option, (midline, veer, etc..). They run alot of "normal" type runnning plays now. But as far a passing, they do it when they have to basically. I would say anywhere from 4-15 times a game. It's not that they can't, it's just that it's not Bob Browns style of football.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:12 pm

nordstde wrote:Divide Co. has always been a running team. They used to run alot of option, (midline, veer, etc..). They run alot of "normal" type runnning plays now. But as far a passing, they do it when they have to basically. I would say anywhere from 4-15 times a game. It's not that they can't, it's just that it's not Bob Browns style of football.
ive seen divide pla a couple times and its basically them just working and playing their hardest every play, thats a sign of great coaching and leadership, the games i saw the never passed at all really, but when they did they did pretty well, it was always their pass defense that killed them in the games i saw
baseball1981

Postby nordstde » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Their pass defense has been pretty suspect in recent years. It is really the only way teams can beat them. The problem isn't their secondary, it's their pass rush, or lack of a pass rush. But from what I have seen this year, their defense is very good overall, including the pass rush.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan4323 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:17 pm

Jamie Mauch by far.  He is tall and has some good speed and you can pretty much just throw it up to him and he will catch it most of the time. 
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:32 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
G wrote:chale and smith from north border are some pretty good wide outs...leurigh from dakota prairie is pretty good too

I agree their, and its Luehring by the way from DP.  Hes a sophmore. Tough to cover deep.  It was 3 and 35 on their on 5 yard line last night with DP down 38 to 36 with 3 minutes left in the 4th.  He took a quickslant 50 yards for a first down.  It led to DP going up 44 to 36.

Chale and Smith are both big, fast, and can jump.  I watched them play Lakota and Dakota Prairie.  Carpenter does a nice job finding both of these two.  They offer good size, the biggest thing is they are both tough matchups.
Agreed on Chale and Smith.  I wouldn't say Dusty is fast but he runs hard and is faster then you think.  His biggest asset is that if you throw a ball near him, he will catch it, some of the best hands i've ever seen.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:33 am

pakkyzoo wrote:

I have seen DP play a few times. Leuhring is uncoverable. He has a rediculous first step off of the line. A few of us went and watched the DP Richland game and saw the quick slant play for 50. Speed kills. He also made a few other tough grabs that game. One tough catch where Nichols through a perfect 30 yard pass over Luehring's shoulder on the outside - Luehring had a beatiful "drag your feet" sideline catch. I am pretty sure Leuhring had 15 TD catches in the regular season and he had 2 more agaisnt Richland. Pretty good for a young kid.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:38 am

Chale is by far the better of the two. Smith is tall - can go up and get the ball - but Chale has it all. Very aggressive to the ball and fast. He looks much faster than Smith. Carpenter is very good at tossing the ball up to them. He is elusive in the pocket and keeps plays alive. These two receivers are good at moving with him when he is eluding tacklers. All Carpenter has to do is throw the ball up to these two. He really doesn't make many "Quarterback Plays" - he just moves around and tosses the ball as high and far as he can. I'm not trying to take anything away from Carpenter - I just don't see him throwing a 15 yard our pattern on the run - or putting the ball in the perfect spot over the receiver's shoulder. He is fun to watch though. Great leader.
ifoughtpiranhas

Next

Return to 9 - Man