all-region, all-state players

The teams in 9 Man

Postby rep » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:08 am

Gtowngamers wrote:The amount of all region players you get is based on the amount of wins you have, first place getting the most and so on. All state is voted on by coaches at the dakota bowl. Most of the time the quarterback who wins the title game gets first team but not always.

i thought it was voted on prior to the title games?
Last edited by rep on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby fb_fan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:15 am

Sometimes they meet on Saturday after the Championship game to vote for all state. It is when the state has time to get the coaches together to vote.
fb_fan

Re: all-region, all-state players

Postby kobe4mvp » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:05 pm

Tyler Allery of Dunseith broke Jim Kleinsaucers state record for most yards in a game than went on to break his own record for the most yards in a game.. I believe 509 yards in total yards
kobe4mvp

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:23 pm

What two teams did he end up breaking these records against?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby unanimous » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:15 am

Ya, I've seen that guy play....n he's pretty tough...that was one of the only players dunseith had this year.
unanimous

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:23 pm

Mitch Lang from Central McLean will be a shoe in for All State
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:55 pm

Hinsa wrote:How about Bill Breen, Hillsboro, O-line. He's playing center and controlling the middle of the field for the Burros ground game. 6'0", 220+, gets great leverage on his run blocking.

After watching the Napoleon game, I really gotta agree with you there. Breen broke his hand on the first quarter and was still the premier blocker on the o-line, matching up against Napoleon's line/LB's very well.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby johndeere » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:02 pm

Hinsa wrote:Thanks for the education Pfenix! Sounds like MR could make it all the way to the Dome?

They have to make it through Divide County first and thats not going to be to easy.
johndeere

Postby 3nout » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:16 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:Mitch Lang from Central McLean will be a shoe in for All State

What does he play? How many yards etc..? Did his coach nominate him for the honor?
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Mitch is a linebacker and a full back and I don't know if his coaches nominated him or not. It is supposed to be confidential. As far as yards, I guess I should find that out but ...he is noted for his huge blocks that allowed his running back Frankie Lopez to average about 100 yards per game. The full back does get recognized for things other than yards? right? I'll get the stats and let you know. thanks

I do know that he was an all state linebacker last year and he broke many school records too.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby imperials » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:20 pm

mccleary,laber,gross
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kobe4mvp » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:34 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:What two teams did he end up breaking these records against?

he broke the state record against Tri-County and then he broke his own record against Maddock... and it was my mistake on the first comment 503 yards not 509 yards but that still is pretty impressive.. he also had 5 touchdowns to go along with it against Maddock
kobe4mvp

Postby philshometown » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:21 am

All-Region 2

Hillsboro: Andrew Grothmann, Jake Olsen, Aaron Meyer, Bill Breen, James Horne, Anthony VonRuden.

Northern Cass: Jake Lako, Brett Kyser.

Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page: Dillan Ostrom, James Ihry, Zane Follman, Eric Parkman, Derek Oxton.

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood: Zach Puetz, Garret Heitkamp, Chris McKay, Jason Hoots.

Richland: John Besette, Jay Bachman, Juan Enriquez.

Hankinson: Jamie Mauch, Curtis Krump, Jake Brandenburger.

Barnes County North: Tucker Bartlett.

Griggs County Central: Brock Urness.
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:27 am

philshometown wrote:All-Region 2

Hillsboro: Andrew Grothmann, Jake Olsen, Aaron Meyer, Bill Breen, James Horne, Anthony VonRuden.

Northern Cass: Jake Lako, Brett Kyser.

Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page: Dillan Ostrom, James Ihry, Zane Follman, Eric Parkman, Derek Oxton.

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood: Zach Puetz, Garret Heitkamp, Chris McKay, Jason Hoots.

Richland: John Besette, Jay Bachman, Juan Enriquez.

Hankinson: Jamie Mauch, Curtis Krump, Jake Brandenburger.

Barnes County North: Tucker Bartlett.

Griggs County Central: Brock Urness.

including the Honorable Mention EVERY Burro made it....wow....impressive or is that a chink in the honor of what All-Region represents?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby unanimous » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:18 am

here's a correction for a previous post....

Tyler Allery of Dunseith broke the record with 503 yards...
unanimous

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:34 pm

I think only 18 players (2 groups of 9) should make all-region and maybe 9 honorable mention. Most regions have 8 teams and probably have 10-11 main players so 27 out of 85 getting an award is about 30% with an award. Most bball tournaments usually have 10 players on the all-tourney team (2 groups of 5). All-district and All-region in bball is usually 10-12 players and no honorable mention. I think if too many awards are given out that it is not as much of an honor anymore.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:22 pm

It appears that all-region is numbers based: You finish first, you get 6; second, you get 5, and so on down the line. At least that's what the Region 2 results seem to indicate.

Is it the same in other regions?

If it is strictly numbers based, I would like to see it changed. Perhaps make it a position by position thing - so many QBs, so many RBs, so many linemen, so many linebackers, etc. A strict numbers formula based on the team's finish in the region to me really does a disservice to some potentially deserving kids. Did Barnes County North really only have one athlete deserving of all-region? GCC? On the other hand, did Hillsboro really deserve 6? Did FSHP really deserve 5?

I don't know, I'm just asking the question.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:38 pm

Grothman - Hillsboro (LB)
Bessette - Richland (LB)
Carpenter - North Border (2nd Team QB or LB)
Nichols - Dakota Prairie (1st Team QB)
Johanssen - Lakota (RB)
Gross - Napoleon (DB)
McCleary - Napoleon (LB)
Chale - North Border (WR)
Luehring - Dakota Prairie (WR)

There are obviously more kids deserving of being All-State - these were just the kids that came to mind first
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:48 pm

Hinsa wrote:It appears that all-region is numbers based: You finish first, you get 6; second, you get 5, and so on down the line. At least that's what the Region 2 results seem to indicate.

Is it the same in other regions?

If it is strictly numbers based, I would like to see it changed. Perhaps make it a position by position thing - so many QBs, so many RBs, so many linemen, so many linebackers, etc. A strict numbers formula based on the team's finish in the region to me really does a disservice to some potentially deserving kids. Did Barnes County North really only have one athlete deserving of all-region? GCC? On the other hand, did Hillsboro really deserve 6? Did FSHP really deserve 5?

I don't know, I'm just asking the question.

I think it is pretty much the same in all regions. It is number based and it depends on where your team finished in the region standings. I would like to see it changed as well.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:42 pm

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:Grothman - Hillsboro (LB)
Bessette - Richland (LB)
Johanssen - Lakota (RB)
Gross - Napoleon (DB)
McCleary - Napoleon (LB)

There are obviously more kids deserving of being All-State - these were just the kids that came to mind first

I'm not even going to try and pick between Carpenter and Nichols but since Tanner was the Region 3 Athlete of the Year he'd probably get the nod at first team QB wouldn't you think?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby wildguy131 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:27 pm

mitch lang is definitely a good contender. ive seen him play and he can run the ball very good, as well as knock some heads around on defense. Gross from Napoleon also deserves to be an all-state player.
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:32 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
Bessette - Richland (LB)
Johanssen - Lakota (RB)
Gross - Napoleon (DB)
McCleary - Napoleon (LB)

I'm not even going to try and pick between Carpenter and Nichols but since Tanner was the Region 3 Athlete of the Year he'd probably get the nod at first team QB wouldn't you think?

By the fact that Carpenter could possibly get it for first team LB or Safety. Nichols beat him in the playoffs and had better statistics. The reason Carpenter got senior player of the year is becuase he led his team to a region championship. Nichols led his team further in the playoffs.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:37 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
Bessette - Richland (LB)
Johanssen - Lakota (RB)
Gross - Napoleon (DB)
McCleary - Napoleon (LB)

By the fact that Carpenter could possibly get it for first team LB or Safety. Nichols beat him in the playoffs and had better statistics. The reason Carpenter got senior player of the year is becuase he led his team to a region championship. Nichols led his team further in the playoffs.

I'm not going to get into the playoff run between these two again because I don't want this topic locked but I still think it's too close to call. I don't see tanner being all state at safety since he didn't play safety at all this year.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:02 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
Bessette - Richland (LB)
Johanssen - Lakota (RB)
Gross - Napoleon (DB)
McCleary - Napoleon (LB)

I'm not going to get into the playoff run between these two again because I don't want this topic locked but I still think it's too close to call. I don't see tanner being all state at safety since he didn't play safety at all this year.

I am just relaying a message I heard from sources a lot higher then me and has a to do with the picking of the all state team. I am not disagreeing with Carpenter being worthy of first team all state QB.

It makes me more happy that there are two players worthy of being the first team QB in the state that are both in the same region. We also have a good chance of getting 3 or 4 wideouts from Region 3 and 2 runningbacks.

Region 3 locks will be Nichols at QB, Carpenter QB, LB, or S, and Johanson RB.
Other possibilites.... WR's Luehring(DP), Chale (NB), and Smith (NB), RB Severson (DP), LB's Brodell (DP) and Olderbaak (Lakota), Offensive Lineman Susa (DP) and Huetenan (NB).
I am thinkings its going to be tough for them not select Luehring (39 catches 950 yards and 22 td's) and Chale (800+ yards and 15 tds). Severson ran for 1500 yards. Brodell had 160 tackles. Susa and Huetenan both led their o-lines for two powerful offenses on successful teams.

This makes me the most happy. Region 2 was supposed to be the top dog, but Region 3 had the most teams playing at the end. Region 1 is going to state. I think Region 3 gains a little more respect after this year. DP played Napolean tougher than Hillsboro. Next year Hillsboro will tough as nails though.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:14 am

i wouldnt say region 2 was really the top dog. you can say dp played napoleon tougher, but then what do you say about hillsboro crushing lakota? and each dp and nb barely squeakin away with wins against lakota. i would say region 2 had the best competition 1 - 7. richland almost took down dp, but then thompson almost beat fshp. wyndmere almost beat nb. it's really a toss up , but i would say teams like hankinson and northern cass are a little better than midway and drayton.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man