Re: Dakota Bowl: South Border vs North Prairie

Postby leroybla » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:21 pm

Where are these schools?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:39 pm

leroybla wrote:Where are these schools?

Wishek/Ashley vs Rolla/Rollette (maybe there is another school in there too)
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby TC21 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:45 pm

Rolette and Rolla make up north prairie coop Wolford used to be a part of this co-op until they closed a few years back. Wishek and Ashley make up south borders co-op maybe Zeeland I’m not sure if they’re open anymore either. I know this is south borders first trip to the Dakota bowl. North Prairie) was there in 2015 and lost in the last second hook and ladder play to Richland. I’m not sure if Wishek or Ashley ever made it to the championship game before they were co-op. I do know rolette - Wolford won it back in 1990 and they were runner-up in 1997.
Last edited by TC21 on Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TC21 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:49 pm

Rolla rock lake was runner-up in 1994
TC21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:45 pm

As a 9-man fan with no team association, I love this matchup. Two teams that haven't been before or very rarely in small public schools from opposite ends of the state! The last few years seem to have been all of the usual suspects: Cavalier, New Salem, Shiloh, Linton, Thompson. I love to see it is still possible for some of these other teams to rise up on a good senior class and it makes it even better they play another team like themselves. I look at the last 7 years and Wyndmere (and maybe you count Kidder County) are the only other teams like these two do it but they played Shiloh and Cavalier.

It is the only game of the 4 that I really care at all to see and I will be happy no matter who wins. Much different feel than the 11 A game where you get the giant bedroom community vs. the private......I look forward to great game and wish both teams the best of luck. This is what 9 man football is all about!
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:10 pm

TC21 wrote:Rolette and Rolla make up north prairie coop Wolford used to be a part of this co-op until they closed a few years back. Wishek and Ashley make up south borders co-op maybe Zeeland I’m not sure if they’re open anymore either. I know this is south borders first trip to the Dakota bowl. North Prairie) was there in 2015 and lost in the last second hook and ladder play to Richland. I’m not sure if Wishek or Ashley ever made it to the championship game before they were co-op. I do know rolette - Wolford won it back in 1990 and they were runner-up in 1997.

Just clear this one up...Zeeland is with Strasburg and they coop with Linton-HMB for football
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby TC21 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:18 pm

Ok thanks
TC21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:01 pm

I'll take South Border in a high scoring game 38-32.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:38 pm

Flip wrote:I'll take South Border in a high scoring game 38-32.

NP won in the lowest scoring game of the playoffs. 24 total points.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby TC21 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:47 pm

Well, like the saying goes, defense wins championships. And this couldn’t be more true in the championship game. This was a defensive battle with the two best defense in the state. South border took the opening kick off down for a touchdown and that was it for them. North Prairie tied it up before halftime and then took the lead late in the third quarter. After that, it was all defense and field position south border had a chance to tie it late in the game. But once again north, Prairie)’s defense proved to be too much. Congratulations to the North prairie cougars on their first ever state championship. You had a great group of kids that were class acts. Your show of sportsmanship at the end of that game was incredible. Some of the kids left their own celebration and walked across the field to hug south border players that had just lost the championship game. It was incredible!! Congratulations on a great season!!
TC21
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man