Week 9- What to watch

The teams in 9 Man

Week 9- What to watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:22 am

Region 1-
6-1 Wyndmere/Lidgerwood @ 6-2 LaMoure/L/M

This is about as meaningful of a game that you will find this week as many regions are locked up. This game directly impacts who takes 2/3 in the region which means the winner gets a HOME playoff game next week. I think LaMoure might just have a little bit more explosiveness offensively and be able to put up a few more points. It should be a great game but I'll take the Loboes 38-24.

Region 2-
North Prairie (7-1) @ Four Winds (4-3)

There are no playoff implications on the line as 1-4 in Region 2 are locked. Four Winds is arguably the best team in 9-man to not be in the post-season.They have some big time. playmakers at WR and if North Prairie is going to be tested, it's going to be through the air! While I can see four winds putting up some points, I don't see them being able to consistently stop NP from scoring. Cougars win 46-24.

Region 3-
Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood(6-2) @ Westhope-Glendburn-Newburg(8-0)

Nothing will really change in this region regarding playoffs based off the results of this one, but WNG has not been tested a whole lot this season and MLS is locked in as a playoff team so it will be fun to see how they do against one of the better teams on their schedule. I think they'll do just fine. I'll take WNG to win 60-22

Region 4-
Linton-H-M-B (5-3) @Kidder County (4-4)

This Is the only game that could have any impact on the region playoff scene. A KC win could create a. 3-way tie between Linton, KC, and New Salem. For point differential to come into play, KC would have to win this game by 17 or more. I see it more likely going the other way. Linton wins 44-16.

This week's top 10 teams:
1- Sargent County
2- South Border
3- New Rockford
4- North Prairie
5- WNG
6- Grant County/Flasher
7- LaMoure
8- North Star
9- Wyndmere/LIdgerwood
10- Nelson County
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 9- What to watch

Postby james » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:01 pm

If New Salem beats R-T-H they would be 6-3 so it would not be a three way tie.
james
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ChickenNuggets » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:08 am

james wrote:If New Salem beats R-T-H they would be 6-3 so it would not be a three way tie.

Yes, they would all have the same record, but the first tie breaker is head to head and New Salem has lost to both of them so they'd still be #5 in the region.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 am

ChickenNuggets wrote:
james wrote:If New Salem beats R-T-H they would be 6-3 so it would not be a three way tie.

Yes, they would all have the same record, but the first tie breaker is head to head and New Salem has lost to both of them so they'd still be #5 in the region.

Well you state with a KC win it creates a three way tie but that’s not true if Linton loses to KC and NSA wins; NSA becomes 6-3 and Linton & KC go to 5-4 (HC wasn’t included with your original post)

There are so many scenarios on this one that I think it’s confusing all what could happen
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sorenson23 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:53 pm

Linton-HMB-Strasburg-Zeeland win:

3. Hettinger County
4. Linton-HMB-Strasburg-Zeeland

Hettinger County owns the tiebreaker over Linton-HMB 34-28, New Salem 14-8 OT, and Kidder County 34-6.

If Linton-HMB-Strasburg-Zeeland loss:
3. Hettinger County
4. New Salem-Almont

Kidder County lost all H2H over the teams vying for the final two spots, not counting Linton-HMB, cause don't know the outcome yet. But would change things up if they beat Linton-HMB.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:57 pm

Sorenson23 wrote:Linton-HMB-Strasburg-Zeeland win:

3. Hettinger County
4. Linton-HMB-Strasburg-Zeeland

Hettinger County owns the tiebreaker over Linton-HMB 34-28, New Salem 14-8 OT, and Kidder County 34-6.

If Linton-HMB-Strasburg-Zeeland loss:
3. Hettinger County
4. New Salem-Almont

Kidder County lost all H2H over the teams vying for the final two spots, not counting Linton-HMB, cause don't know the outcome yet. But would change things up if they beat Linton-HMB.

That is assuming HC & NSA win...with 4 games that play a role in seeding there are about 10-12 different scenarios...there really are only 2-4 that could likely come into play.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to 9 - Man