What to watch-Week 5

The teams in 9 Man

What to watch-Week 5

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:04 am

Region1-
Sargent County (4-0) @ Wyndmere-LIdgerwood (4-0)

From what I can tell, there is only the possibility of 3 games between now and playoffs between unbeaten teams and this is one of them. Sargent County has a chance to put a stranglehold on the region title having already beaten LaMoure. a W/L win would put them in control of their own destiny and go a long way to ensuring a home playoff game. This should be a physical game, but I have been very impressed with Sargent County and their big senior class. I'll take them to win 48-28

Region 2-
North Prairie (3-1) @ North Border (3-1)

I'm not completely sold on this game being so close, but NP is coming off a loss after an injury to their QB1. I don't know if he'll be back, but either way it will be interesting to see how NP Responds. North Border has admittedly surprised me this year.They are very young but have some talent. I don't think they can stand up to NP's line. I"ll take the Cougars 54-18

Region3-
Central McLean (3-1) @ Alexander (4-0)

Again, I have to admit that I wouldn't have believed that these two teams would be meeting in week 5 with a combined 7-1 record. I also have to admit I don't know a ton about either team. I've heard Alexander has a very good running back that has sparked their success. I'll predict he continues to do big things at home this week. Alexander wins 38-32

Region 4-
Grant County/Flasher(3-1) Vs. New Salem/Almont (4-0)

I've been somewhat skeptical of NSA this year after a big senior class departed from last year's team. I think this is their first big test of the season. Grant County/Flasher has been battle tested having already. played South Border and Linton. I think this game is going to be a dandy and I wouldn't be surprised if either team won. In the end, NSA Is at home and they still have some talented players from their defending championship team. I'll take the Holsteins in a nail-biter 30-28.

This Week's Top 10:
1- Sargent County
2- New Salem/Almont
3- W-N-G
4- South Border
5- New Rockford/Sheyenne
6- North Prairie
7- Grant County/Flasher
8- Wyndmere/Lidgerwood
9- Linton/HMB
10- North Star
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: What to watch-Week 5

Postby tigertown35 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:10 am

Some great games on the 9 man side! Interesting matchup in Region 3 as I do think those are the 2nd and 3rd best teams in that region, to many people's surprise. I will take Central McLean with a slim road victory! Excited to see how these other games you've highlighted result tonight.
tigertown35
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man